Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. (SOLVED)  (Read 463 times)

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. (SOLVED)
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:03:24 pm »

It seems that my marksdwarf refuses to pick up bolts of any type.

He has his full armor set (In fact, he's wearing two adamantine high boots over his left foot), crossbow, and quiver.

The armory is stocked with well over 500 bolts of all types. There's bone, wood, and metal bolts aplenty.

There's a properly configured archery range.

And yet he refuses to practice shooting. I gave him his crossbow when he was a recruit. Now he's a legendary hammerdwarf and wrestler and still dabbling in actually shooting people. He's just running around with an empty quiver and sparring with the other dwarves.

His personality profile says "He likes to try new things". I think developing a fighting style based off a crossbow is a bit extreme.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: He was holding the boot in his hand, and thus no room to grab bolts with, I guess.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:19:09 pm by blah28722 »

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. Can't train!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:03 pm »

A bit of added information:

He's wearing a full set of adamantine (plus another boot) plate armor.
The crossbow is made of adamantine.
There are extra materials modded into the game, like a plastic-type training weapon material, but those aren't being used in this case.

Switching weapon types and switching back will cause him to drop his quiver and crossbow, and then retrieve them from the bin again. Still no bolts.

He has no wounds.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. Can't train!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:10:12 pm »

It would appear that I've fixed the problem on my own within 5 minutes of asking.

After telling him to drop all of his armor (thinking that the extra boot was the problem), he started shooting at the archery target while naked.

I'm going to assume marksdwarves can't wear armor?

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. (SOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:12:06 pm »

More likely, he was carrying something in one of his hands that he wasn't supposed to be carrying (from wrestling, presumably), and telling him to drop his armor managed to remove this.  That doesn't always work, though...

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marksdwarf is not picking up bolts. (SOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:18:04 pm »

After telling him to put his plate armor set back on, he is still able to shoot.

He was holding onto the extra boot on his left hand. I couldn't tell because it was chopped off.

Thanks!