Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13666 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:11 pm »

((Couldn't sleep. Wrote a different epilogue.))

Two years later, the group had formed a new settlement several miles south of Chicago. After some experimentation, they were able to get a radio beacon going. They’re settlement quickly became a focal point for the rebuilding of mankind. Many other survivors came to the growing city.
Aqizzar became the elected leader of the group, and led them to great success.
Workerdrone took a bullet in a battle with a group of raiders. It only hit him in the leg, luckily. It could have been a better shot, Worker tagged him in the head. He survived, but walked with a noticeable limb afterwards.
Org was killed in a grain elevator explosion.
Dwarf survived, but got involved in a bitter feud with Strife over the treatment of bodies. Starting with a heavy cross from Strife.
Duke got a pretty bad gash in his hand in the early days after the event while trying to help fix one of Strife’s chainsaws.
Archangel was happily married a year and a half after the event. He resisted several attempts to ‘cure’ him of his vegetarianism.
Strife sunk into himself, never seeming to recover from the event. The group still conducted periodic forays into Chicago, looking for salvage. One day they found a Grand National. Strife made some mention of it, but they agreed that it wouldn’t do much good for them now. The next morning, Strife, along with one of his cats (the eldest, an old black cat named Joey were gone). Strife took a bike and his two knives. They found the bike near the car dealership where the GN had sat. Strife’s combat knife was belted onto it, inside the sheath was a note saying that it had been grand. The GN was gone, and Strife was never seen from or heard of again.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:04 pm »

:V

Wat

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:29 pm »

I never did see this thing going anywhere.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2009, 09:52:56 pm »

You got killed in a grain elevator explosion, and I took a bullet.

Yeah.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »

Why did I die in an explosion?

:C
Why

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2009, 09:55:26 pm »

The better question is.

If Aqizzar can't manage his own LP, how could he manage an entire group of people?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2009, 09:58:10 pm »

((Someone had to die, I decided. And I figured that you'd be the most likely to not know how flammable grain dust was. Jack, who I forgot, also lived, and is currently involved with plans to restart an oil refinery.

Oh, and Zchris? You can go to hell.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2009, 10:04:22 pm »

This thing was pretty important to Strife. I mean, sure I shot him down, but it was mostly to tell him to get working on something else. The reason Strife focused on RP as a game was that he could write as much as he wanted and expected everyone else to do the same. Unless you have an entire group of people dedicated to a topic they want to RP about (I co-run a WH40K Forum, I know) its not bound to go far. Most people here want actual Forum Games, and its hard to work mechanics into something you didn't pre-plan. I sympathize with Strife for trying to make something cool, but things like this either get burned out, or people leave because they lose interest. The latter happened, but it was only a matter of time before we ran out of ideas and decided to end the game.

Maybe someone should start a Zombie RP and establish some boundaries, plus some simple game mechanics. This would require NO WRITING on the creator and GM's part, all RPing flavor text would come from the players, and specific actions such as combat and searches would come from back rolls.

Alas, I am far to busy working on some concept drawings for a Jackrabbit-like story, and working on pulling together a project I had set my heart on since last year. And yes, it is a forum game.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:23 pm »

((Actually, I'm just really tired after dealing with a young cousin all day and have been wanting to tell Chris off for a while. But yes, I did really like the idea, but I'll admit that it wasn't going anywhere.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2009, 10:09:14 pm »

Well there you have it.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »

Whooo! Oil refinery FTW!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:21 pm »

((Actually, I'm just really tired after dealing with a young cousin all day and have been wanting to tell Chris off for a while. But yes, I did really like the idea, but I'll admit that it wasn't going anywhere.))
I thought it was good.

((I had to be with my cousins for three days. Two of them. Not fun))

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2009, 10:18:36 am »

*cries*

It was pretty good. I did follow it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:20 pm »

Hey, no hard feelin's Strife.  Just didn't quite feel like what was expected after the Colony thread.

Rock on dude, and thanks for the Pepper reference.  That song's on my End of the World playlist.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2009, 08:56:17 pm »

((Yeah, you may think of the movie when you talk about Fargo, but my entire opinion of Texas is based off of Pepper.))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13