Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13677 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2009, 07:19:47 pm »

''Go to the North-West corner of Kelly's Inn.Then go half a block to the West and you should see the entrance and me in front of it. I'll try to get something small to burn and make a marker while waiting.'
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »

Jack continues to wait anxiously for a few more minutes. He then looks at the refreshed screen and sees what Aqizzar had posted. Jack sighs and slings his duffle bag over his shoulder. He then lays on the ground and reaches under the bed, grabbing an wooden axe and a small wooden shield.
Jacks unlocks the door and opens it as wide as he can so the body would be out of view. He walks out of the hotel and begins to scan around for Aqizzar.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2009, 12:28:02 am »

(( KNOCK KNOCK Anybody here? Hello? KNOCK KNOCK ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2009, 12:37:27 am »

"So wait, if I'm following you, we're suppose to be on Main Avenue, to go and get Dwarf, so we can go and meet up with everyone, while meanwhile the people on the other side of town are picked up? Not that I'm suppose to exactly care what everyone not immediately about to get picked up by us are doing, I should be driving down-Oh hey!"

I looked back to the road before me, stopping completely. "...We're on Main Avenue...guess that worked out than."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 03:54:45 am »

(( KNOCK KNOCK Anybody here? Hello? KNOCK KNOCK ))

((I gotta be honest.  I'm not a big RP guy.  Without any kind of actual gameplay to judge accomplishment, I'm finding it kinda hard to care.  The lack of situational setup and the fact that we're in Fargo isn't really helping.  If we can move on from this whole meet-up stage, it can start getting interesting.  But again, I'm not an RP guy.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 04:25:39 am »

(( You're right, we'd need to make some kind of rules or something, and also a gamemaster so we don't decide everything ourselves. BTW, what's wrong with Fargo? ))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 05:04:50 am »

Spoiler: (( It's Fargo... )) (click to show/hide)
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:27 am »

(( ... and have you thought of a better location that Fargo? New York? London? Hicksville? ))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 05:17:38 am »

(( First, yes, but it doesn't really matter because I'm sure we aren't staying in Fargo.  Second, what the fuck do I have to do to signal when I'm being sarcastic?  Was the shot from the movie not enough? ))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2009, 05:22:15 am »

"Nothing to do but wait I suppose."
Archangel opened his laptop and turned it on. When it had started up and he had logged in, he opened Freeciv and started playing.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:54 am »

''Nooo! Why??''

It was horrifying. It was the VN subforum. And it was going to be auto-deleted, so I thought fast and make a backup. As soon as I managed to grab it all, I grabbed a CD-RW from some dead guy nearby, quickly burned it on the disc and safely stored it in my backpack.

''Phew. That was close.''

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 01:44:14 am »

After a bit of suprisingly annoying searching, Worker and Strife found Dwarf.

"Okay, get in Dwarf. It's good to see another face. Worker, get us on 45th and head south. You'll know the mall when you see it. Dwarf, have you every fired a gun before?"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2009, 01:58:12 am »

"Not as if it'll be a priority when people to shoot at are all already dead, and its quite likely the six or seven of us are the only ones still alive in Fargo, if not the whole of North Dakota."

I waited for Dwarf to get in, before driving forward, around a few forlorn cars. It was sort of a good thing there weren't TO many people driving at the time the virus killed everyone. Though it was still annoying.

"Uh. So what are we gonna be doing? This probably won't be to hard to decide, and I'm afraid to say just say it Strife, but we can't hang around here in Fargo. That and its not like we should be expecting to much trouble getting around, the fact being there are no zombies to fight, and all of us should be dead at this point, so its hard to believe we'll be finding trouble in our own kind...I hope."

I kept driving.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2009, 02:10:44 am »

''Yes, I often went with Dad to the firing range nearby, and I did get a few lucky shots in the center too, so I guess I could shoot in a pinch.''

I was feeling a bit hungry, so I opened my pack and check the food.

''Anyone hungry? I got some sandwiches here.''

I started to eat one of the sandwiches, this one had mayonnaise in it.

''Well, there could be any survivors other than us here. And if post-apocalyptic movies teach anything, it's that looters don't share. So there could be problems if we encounter any.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2009, 02:17:20 am »

"Paranoia saves lives. Go with me here, most of the world seems to have dropped dead without any warning or signs of trauma. At least to me, that sounds a hell of a lot like a biblical Rapture. Now, I haven't ever gotten through Revelations, but I know that if that's the case, we may or may not be facing a demon army. Fortunately, I have read Salvation War. If even there isn't anything like that, it's more than possible that there may be hostile survivors."

"Anyway, you guys know me well enough to know that I never discount zombies."

Strife hands Dwarf his .22 long rifle.

"It goes against my usual better judgment, but this is my .22. It's ALWAYS loaded, especially when it isn't. Do NOT point it at anyone you don't want to plug. The top part there twists, pull it up now. You'll load the bullets one at a time. Then put the rod back. Pull back the slide to prime it. Safety is a little button by the trigger.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13