Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13671 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 05:45:39 am »

I came in just in time to hear most of the conclusions, made by Strife.

''On topic 1, we could use the highly efficient 9mm handguns, good at medium range and found at local police station, a lot of ammo with it too.''

''On topic 4,  we could use the generators, you can see everywhere. I'm talking cars. Engines. True generators of energy out of gas.''

''On topic 5, we could use canned food. They last quite a while, a few years at most.''

''On topic 6, there's at least one printer in the mall office.''

''And finally, on topic 10, I suggest everyone has his own vehicle. This way, we could use any normal sized car and still store everything.''

''Concluding, I vote we hit the police station as one of the first locations.''

I then head to the stairs, break in the offices, and print  some Wiki Wilderness topics and a Various Nonsense for entertainment.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2009, 06:41:26 am »

"Any place that sounds great, like a police station or national guard depot, should be approached with caution.  Anybody else that's alive will be headed for the same places.  There's not much at any of them that can't be found elsewhere.  And for the stuff that is, like body armor, there should be more at any location that whoever else might take, so we can move in after they leave if it comes to that."

"For transportation, I'm definitely on board with the bank truck thing.  Let's just hope we can find one that isn't locked.  Which is pretty unlikely, but they're certainly not impenetrable if we have to work our way into one."

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 07:00:43 am »

''Yes, such locations should be approached with caution, but also with looter's greed. We can't let them take the gear we need. Besides, we're probably the biggest looter group in town, armed with various guns and knives. We just need to bluff some more, and they'll quickly get away once they see us.''

Also, I take a spare belt and convert it into an ammo belt with my knife, store my .22 ammo in it and lock it around my shoulder and chest.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 08:44:48 am »

"The Shotty is a 590, 12-Gauge pump shotgun. I have maybe a hundred shells. Maybe less. I'm not a gun fanatic, I just own it, for completely uncalled for home security. So don't expect me to get more 'in depth' with you, or this will soon turn into a 'who can grab their computer faster' contest while the internet is still working. Really, I bought it on a whim, because I thought if shit really did hit the fan one way or another, I'd be happier with myself knowing I had a gun. If you wanna get technical, I also brought a box filled with photographs, a guitar pick, a packet of cigarettes I have never smoked once in my life, the ammo, a disposable camera, and a box of straws, a track medal, and...other stuff."

That's nice, why don't you go and get lost in the nearest book store, drown your sorrows in every god damn Sci-Fi novel you can get your hands on, you little-Woah, I really need to calm down.

I stopped gripping my chair until my knuckles turned white, stood up, and walked off in the direction of...oh anywhere.
"I'm taking a walk."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2009, 12:10:51 pm »

((Good God, just got on and saw this with like 4 new pages))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 12:52:49 pm »

"Okay then. I'm going to get started on searching the store. Does anyone want to accompany me? I can't carry much while I have to carry this gun."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 01:05:19 pm »

Strife walks out, by himself.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 01:07:44 pm »

(( Hey, I just online, gimme a break. ))

"What are you worried about help for?  We got all the time in the world!"

Seeing Strife walk off, Aqizzar shoulders his rifle out of habit and jogs after him.

"Oh fine, I'll carry shit.  What are we looking for?  Food?  Shoes?  I gave the place a good once over already."
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 01:33:54 pm »

With Strife and Aqizzar walking away, Ian looked towards the rest of the group. There were issues that he needed to bring up, but for the most part he was distracted with thinking of the situation to chime in. However, one thing needed to be said.

"Um, I've never touched a gun before. I would probably need somebody to teach me to fire one, I guess. And all tools we choose to bring along had better be electric, as things like solar panels will fuel them for many years."

That was basically the only quibble he could think of. He was not any form of expert on these survival things the others obviously were more knowledgeable in.

"So, what are we gonna hunt for?"

((Alright, I guess I'll need to be a bit more packed. Include Sneakers and a duffel bag full of assorted clothes, mayhaps three pairs of pants, shirts, underwear and socks. He also has a backpack stuffed with fruit and breads that stayed with the laptop))
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2009, 01:38:53 pm »

"For now, mostly a scoping run. I figure that we should get everyone a decent watch. Sunglasses wouldn't be bad either."

Strife leaves his soft rifle case at the table. After the pair has walked away, Strife keeps talking.

"I'm a bit worried about who we've got on our side. You seem to be the only one who's good with guns. That's pretty weak. I've shot this all of three rounds. Then we have Workerdrone, I'm worried about him. Was it something I said? I'm way out of my depth here.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2009, 01:51:48 pm »

''Sure Ian, I guess I could teach you how to shoot.''

First, I teach him the basics of guns, how to maintain and clean them and how to operate, i.e. reload and shoot with them.

''OK, this was the theory part, now the only part left is practice.''

I get a nearby toy gun and some bullets for it, then I place an empty beans can on top of a desk.

''This gun will be good for practice, as it can't hurt anyone, and you can reuse the bullets, if you can find them. For now, the best way to do this is that you just keep shooting. OK, this is how it's best to position yourself, put the leg opposite to your trigger arm in front, Next, line your sight down the barrel. Breath slowly, and just concentrate on the target. Then pull the trigger.''

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2009, 01:57:05 pm »

(( Responding to Strife ))

Aqizzar shrugs off Strife's concern.  "Jitters.  Hey, nobody's perfect.  Besides, Ian said there's maybe one other person in town?  Trust me, ain't nothing gonna bother us.  Well, maybe the dogs."

"Look, the point is, we've probably got more ammo that we'll ever need, and plenty enough rifles to go around.  I say the couple off us who know which end the bullet comes out can show everyone else how it's done.  Believe me, shootin' stuff ain't hard.  Combine that with how dead everything is outside, and we'll be sitting easy."

"Of course..."  Aqizzar chuckles again, and rolls up his right sleeve.  Engraved on his bicep is a rendition of a broken skull, shrouded by a banner reading 'I've been wrong before'.  Hardly waiting for Strife's reaction, he lets out a deep laugh.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2009, 04:11:20 pm »

Aqizzar and Strife make the rounds of a couple of stores. They were lucky enough to find a key on a dead security guard, so they could open the gates of them. They used chairs to smash a few with windows open as well. The first thing they hit was a stand that sold watches. They grabbed some suprisingly nice watches for everyone. Aqizzar figured that radio shack would be a good spot to find, you know, radios. However, there weren't any.

"Did I mention that it's a really crappy Radio Shack?"

They eventually make their way to the map store. After Aqizzar gaped at the pictures of the floods for a while, they grabbed a varied stack of maps. Including three Fargo street maps, one ND atlas, and a couple of really big US atlases. They put everything in a pair of big shopping bags.

More or less on a lark, they break into the card place as well. Strife sheepishly grabs a couple of boxes of Magic cards. A couple here meaning 20 boxes with 36 packs each.

"I haven't played magic in years, it'll be something for us to do later. I wonder if I could rebuild my sliver deck . . ."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2009, 04:27:17 pm »

I did a bit of walking, but ended up turning around after not really seeing anything I could bother with looting, as I was a bit lost. I still found my way to where Strife and Aqizzar were looting a card shop.

I walked over and stared at them. "Great plan guys, we can always bargain with the cardboard."

I looked around for a few moments while they dragged themselves out of the store with their boxes of cards.
"We'll I bet you two have had enough bonding time, I need to talk, about the shooting, plus general bits and pieces aswell. Um. Yeah might need to clarify on a few things."

I addressed Strife. "I've been to a local gun range in my town at least two times every month, filling out sheets with holes close to on mark. I've been out on two hunting trips in the brush, where in I've bullseyed more than my fair share of game, though I still wouldn't say I've hunted more than one time because I ended up getting tripped up, spraining my ankle, making me sit out of the first one for the most part. I guess the reason I was a bit unnerved an bit ago is..."

I had been pacing a little. "I can handle myself, and I don't need a babysitter. Those kids over there? We have teenagers with us. They do. So do yourself a favor, focus less on alienating me, and more on looking after them. I'm going out. I need a new truck." I turned around, and walked in the direction of the doors.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:24 pm »

Strife decides not to mention the fact that he's 17.

"You're right Worker. I guess that we're expected to be the responsible types. I stand by the magic cards, just for something to do when we're bored."

((Let's get everyone's ages while we're at it. Rough would be fine if you don't want to share.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13