Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13672 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2009, 02:26:46 am »

Bored with Freeciv, Archangel turns off his computer and puts it in it's bag. "I seem to remember Greg having some survival stuff in the basement. Might as well have a look while I'm waiting."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2009, 02:32:36 am »

((By the way, not as if it needs to be said again, but here we go, Aqizzar is probably out unless we actually have game mechanics. That or you make things insanely interesting insanely fast. Though if he didn't have patience for RPing, we should have waited before we started and barraged Strife with questions. But I get the feeling if we did that, he'd either bug out, or he'd admit he didn't plan on much in the way of a structure for the game. He didn't even provide a format, making me suggest that listing all of our skills was pretty bogus if we weren't ready for this.

Just saying.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:19 am »

((I was 'suggested' by the baron to do a narrative heavy forum game after bumping red planet, and Aqizzar and Armok wanted someone to do something that's a ripoff of The Colony Experiment. What more do you want from me? I'm trying to run a game based on how WE, us personally would survive. I didn't think that (or had the inclination to write) a structured game format . . .)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2009, 02:41:05 am »

((Than than spin me a riddle Kapitan. Are we really going to spend the next two pages getting READY to meet up at a mall? Speed this shit up, we got things to do, Post Apocalyptic Bandit Kings to cap. I'm happy with the way things are now, not with the effort we're putting into DRIVING TO THE MALL.))

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2009, 02:44:04 am »

(( Good point. ))

''OK, gotcha.''

(( Wait, so you'll assume we got unlimited ammo or are you gonna count it? ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2009, 02:46:55 am »

... Post Apocalyptic Bandit Kings ...

(( Uh oh. I don't know why, but when I read this, my mind came to a specific word: Fallout. ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2009, 02:59:12 am »

55 minutes pass.

After some tense driving (Strife HATED driving in deep residential areas), everyone managed to get together at the West Acres food court. It was a pretty big court, the group had clustered some chairs around a table.

"Okay. Let's reveiw this. We've all encountered dead bodies throughout Fargo. With the exception of people who crashed their cars, no real signs of affliction. We seem to all be alive though. Duke also saw one Hummer driving down University, so we can assume that there are at least a few survivors. Internet trawling has gotten us mostly nothing. The net is still up, but most sites aren't updating other than what is automatic. There are a couple of posts on assorted forums though."

"We've got the mall to look through here, if we feel like doing some looting. I'm not sure if there's much useful stuff here, I'm not much of a shopper. There are a few shoe stores though, if someone wants a better pair. We can go look at a directory before we sift through here."

"Before I blather on, does anyone have anything to add?"

(I'm compiliing a list of stuff right now, feel free to do some RPing, or whatever).

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2009, 03:03:07 am »

((For the purposes of the game, I found a generator and a couple of walkie talkies in the basement))
"I'm vegetarian, you'll need to remember that when getting food."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2009, 03:09:13 am »

(( How big of a generator, how many, and what sort of walkies?))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2009, 03:13:40 am »

((Small, cheap generator. Two cheap walkie talkies. I don't know enough about either to be more specific))
My full sig

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2009, 03:20:38 am »

(( Good idea with the time pass, it was getting a bit long with all the people collecting. ))

I explored the mall and searched for anything useful, when I saw some dead tourist, lying in the hallway. It was dark and smelly around, but nonetheless I approached him and got a nice coat with a tiny pocket in the back inner side, just enough to hook the rifle in it, effectively hiding it.

Upon further search, I collected this:
- black clothes
- a pack of flour (smoke barrier)

Later, I remembered of Archangel and got some canned beans for him, thus concluding this and went to the meeting point.

(( Can you change their radio frequency or is it fixed? And what does the generator work on? Gas? ))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2009, 03:21:14 am »

"We have food enough, and until we leave town clean water won't be an issue. Pretty much, we all probably have at least one firearm. Truth be told, I haven't actually used it all to much, but I can aim the thing. Again, I say they won't be particularly a big deal right now, what we do need to worry about is location, location, location, but we can talk about that after we all decide if we have enough shit, because I for one want to get out of Fargo. Everyone here have at least one change of clothes? If not, plenty of stores.

"I could use a GOOD pair of boots at this point, if we go trudging around in the wilderness, so good shoes, and some gear could help. If there isn't a sports store anywhere here, we can find one on our way out, and get some gear there. I wouldn't worry about checking every square inch of this place, we're not going to need to visit half the stores here, but I agree that we should start a list of supplies.

"I brought two boxes of canned food, two jerrycans of clean water, one relatively small box with some personal items you can just discount right now, a pretty good amount of shells for my Mossberg, I just grabbed all of them, two changes of clothes, the one I'm wearing now being for cold weather, and finally my Laptop with the case. Yes, we're all sick puppies who thought checking our local gaming forum would be a great idea. And let's not get started on the implications as to why we're all here, its a long, degraded road.

"To add to the list, I say we get some GOOD radios from the Best Buy or something."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:23:31 am by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 03:30:04 am »

"We've got the world's largest Scheels just down the road from here. All sports store. We can stock up on pretty much everything we need there. I'm not sure if we need to leave Fargo right away. If we're set on the idea, I'd say that we should hit Scheels, grab as much stuff as we can. Especially bullets and radios. Then we can hit a grocery store for food. I'm going to have to insist that we stop back at my house. There's a lot of stuff we could use there, plus I can't leave until my family is at least barried and my cats are taken care of."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 03:38:57 am »

((I'm trying to remember the name of a gun. It's in at least a couple of Rainbow Six games. As I recall it's got a 12 bullet mag and is .45 cal))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:00:40 am by Archangel »
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2009, 03:46:43 am »

((Sorry I haven't been posting anything.  I didn't mean to storm out in a huff or anything, though WorkerDrone did sum me up pretty well.  I just wasn't paying much attention, and neither Jack or Duke, the other people I was supposed to pick up, had posted anything either.  I didn't want to force anything on them until I had a better idea of the flow.

As far as a system goes, in Angry Red Planet, I at least maintained control over what materials everyone had and the situations they were in.  That's the point of having a Game Master - so it's actually a game instead of pretend-time.  That said, obviously everyone wants to play along.  I was thinking, just as an idea, that we rotate GM responsibility.  Strife would start of course, after he gets an idea of what to do.  After that, everyone would get a chance to inflict their own vision of a wasteland on everyone else.))

((Anyway, I'm kind of catching up now.  I'll have a real contribution up soon.  Not to slow things down of course.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13