Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13668 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 02:27:21 am »

Damn. He was talking to someone at the moment so I couldn't reach him. I sent him an SMS instead:
Tap tap ... beep
''Change of plans. I couldn't find anything to eat around, so I'll check Subway nearby. Pick me up there, I'll try to find anything useful there too.''
Beep
The last few hours were downright horrible, but I think I beat that out of my system. There were quite a lot of cars on the highway, immobile of course, so I got easily across. The restaurant was largely intact, except for some broken glass and such. THe food storage was almost empty, but still enough to fill my pack with some sandwiches.
MEOOW
Damn, I almost shitted my pants! Damn cat. Hope Strife comes soon, this is killing me.

EDIT: I've rechecked the Google Earth, there is no highway between the Inn and Subway. Just ignore it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:24:43 am by BigFatDwarf »
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 03:15:55 am »

Jack looks at the screen, again, noticing Strife put up his number. He picks up the phone and dial's his number.
Ring... ring... beeeep...
"Hrm..."
Jack hangs up the phone, taking a look outside. He grabs his duffle opens it and throws the empty bottle of soda over his shoulder. He opens the mini fridge and grabs out two cans of Pepsi and puts them in his bag. Jack walks to the window and looks outside again. He sits by the computer and looks out the window.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:49:12 am by Jack_Bread »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 03:45:12 am »

Bay 12 Games Forum > Finally... > General Discussion > Is anyone alive?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 25 times)

Archangel                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 02:15:09 PM>>

Oh god. I woke up this morning, everyone in the house I was staying in was dead. I knew immediately that something really bad had happened and it was probably pointless but I checked both neighbors anyway. Dead. I remembered about Strife and figured that he'd have survived so I grabbed Greg's gun and enough food for a few days, put them and all my stuff in my bag and went online to see if I could work out where he was. I checked these forums out of hope. I'm on 19th avenue north, across from Elephant-Percy Godwin Park.

I've sent emails to my brothers, sister and mother but I haven't got any replies yet. I'm not worried though. It's midnight in Australia.

I come from a land Down Under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
I hit the post button, pulled out my phone and dialed Strife's number.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:24:31 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 05:04:55 am »

"Pick up, pick up.  C'mon what could you be busy with at a time like this?  Oh hey, Strife!  Striiife!  It's the one and only Aqizzar!  Yeah yeah, good to finally hear you too, now listen up.  I climbed up on the roof of the hotel, and I'm across the highway from some mall called the West Arcs or Acres or something...  Oh, of course, you know it, good.  Yeah, I figure that'd be a good place to meet up and-  Well it's not like we're in a hurry or anything.  Sure, pick'em up, everybody, more the merrier.  Okay, look, I'll grab a car and swing around to who I can too, but I don't know jack about this town, I'll be lost in minutes...  Google aside, I can't navigate my way out a paper bag.  Look, I'll be at the mall gettin' something to eat, call me back on this number if you can't find me.  Yeah, I'll stay in touch.  Take it easy man."

"
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 31 times)

Aqizzar                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 03:11:42 PM>>

Postin' in The Last Thread On Earth.

I just called Strife and he kinda knows what's up.  I'm mobile, but I don't know where anything is in Fargo.  Of course, Google's still online.  If anybody's on the west side of town, there's a big mall on 13th avenue by the highway and some train tracks.  That's where I'm going, and it should be easy to find.  Look for me in the food court or parking lot or wherever, I'll be the guy who's not dead.

Report to Moderator      IP Logged

Dwarf Fortress Players: Coming up with solutions for problems that have yet to be implemented.
Zasit the Treecutter: Scram guys! It's the copse!

((I'm noticing a serious problem with this game, namely that we all need to respond to stuff like conversations and phone calls, but we're really scattered all over the globe with different schedules and time zones.  What's our protocol on putting words in each other's mouths when someone's not online?))

((Hey Strife, I know you asked for help with the second post list, but you're the only one with everyone's information right now.  Tangentally, do you have an actual system for this "game", or is it just going to be "everybody post whatever you want all the time"?))

((Fargo, North Dakota, has fucking Google StreetView.  What a brave new world we live in.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:31 am »

((It sure does. I can look at the freaking shopping center (Yeah its West Acres) from the FREAKING INTERNET.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 11:16:48 am »

"Gah. Too many phone calls. We'll need radios pretty quickly. Okay, Workerdrone, I'm just about there. It's a big truck, so I think we can take anything that you've brought. Green F150, I'm assuming that it's you're around here somewhere . . ."

((I don't have a problem with relaritively considerable putting words in others mouths, it'll make stuff a lot easier, and we can always retcon things.))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:27 am »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: [3]

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 12 times)

Duke 2.0                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 09:53:43 AM>>

Alright guys, I think I might know where I am. University and 17th ave. I'll be at the gas station. Goddam it's creepy out here.

Ian had finished his post, sitting on the curb next to a gas pump. With his location sent, he could get to the dirty work of looking for junk in the station. Everything looked normal, and this part of the street didn't have much in the way of bodies. This he was thankful for. If there was a dead station attendant he would have likely just waited under the pump canopy.
 A few minutes later Ian had pilfered some chip bags and stuffed five bottles of energy drinks into his bag. If somebody didn't come soon, he was going to explore the large building across the street, which he assumed was a school or community center of sorts. Under the intense sun, it was shard to tell the lettering on the building. He tapped his feet impatiently fo9r a few minutes before reaching back to the laptop a-

Vrrrmmmmmm
 Huh. That was a bit too soon. Ian jumped away from the shade and towards the road, creening his neck to look up and down the street. Coming from the North was a gray civilian Hummer. It was odd, but nothing is outside the realm of possibilities. He waved his hand to signal the driver down-
RRRRMMMMMMMMNNNNnnnnnnn
-but the car just sped past. Whoever it was, they must have had much more important things south of here. Ian figured it was not one of his buddies, as they would know using a big car like that is not terribly practical now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 11:56:08 am »

((Church across the street from you. Gas station includes a small used car lots.
I'm just going to put words in Worker's mouth.))

After a quick introduction, Strife and Worker get everything loaded onto Strife's truck. Strife decides that Worker should probably drive, just so he can get the calls and messages organized.

"It's a good thing that my phone gets internet, I'll try to get our people organized. You can drive down main. Dwarf should be at Kelly's."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 01:35:29 pm »

"Alright, this thing handle well?" That was a stupid question.

After stowing my duffle bag and Mossberg into Strife's truck, and helping him load the rest of the boxes into the back, getting the keys from Strife, and getting behind the wheel, we were finally ready to go.

"Okay, so suburban neighborhood, lots of cars in the way. So it might be a hassle edging around them just going down 10th and hitting Main. But its probably none better any other way. Besides, it'll give you time to make a few calls."

I moved us forward, and indeed there were a few cars pulled over right in the middle of the street. It was simple enough to skirt around them, though it got tight in a few places.

"Christ...CHRIST...god damn it!" I said for the fifth time as I almost knocked us into another car. "HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE DRIVING WHEN THEY DIED? Really!"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 01:39:06 pm »

---------------------
Pages: [3]

Author                        Is anyone alive?
Org
Bay Watcher

Okay. Woke up an hour ago. Found some bagels in a storage room. Had breakfast.
I am in a Days Inn Hotel. Somewhere in Fargo.
                                                                                                                  Report to moderator    Logged
Edit: Spelling
[Edited Today at 5:03]
---------------------------------------------------------
Org sat back and continued to munch on a bagel, while thinking of what he was going to do.\

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:02:50 pm by Org »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »

Strife talks while Worker is driving, half to himself, half to Workerdrone.

"Okay, we've got multiple Bay 12ers scattered throughout the city. At least we've got a few people who're competent. You and me are here, with a decent vehicle. Aqizzar is at the mall. Jack is close enough to walk there. We're picking up Dwarf now, who has apparently wandered away from the easily findable landmark that is Kelly Inn to poke around."

"Org's apparently alive and here as well. And Archangel is somewhere in North Fargo. They're both pretty out of the way. I think. I don't know where the hell the Day's Inn is. Duke is easily findable on University though. I guess that I'll never find another night of chilling at the Fargo Coffee Company . . ."

"Okay Worker, we've got two or three clear groups here. First, I'm calling us the mobile group. Myself and you Worker. We'll be getting Dwarf shortly. Next, we have Aqizzar's group. We'll detail Jack to walk to the mall and meet up with him. I think that I can guide them to pick up Duke from there, then back to the mall. Then I guess that we'll meet up at West Acres again. We'll put you with Aqizzar then, and you can pretty easily get to Scheels. You guys can start making a preliminary sweep of the store, while me and Dwarf try to figure out where the hell the other two are. I'd best call Aqizzar and tell him everything, have him get it online, then get moving orders to Jack and stay the fuck still orders to everyone else."

Strife found Aqizzar's phone number and called him. He outlined the plan.

"Basically, wait in the mall for Jack to get there, then you're going to have to get Duke. It should be pretty easy. Leave the mall and go East on either 17th or 15th. 15th is the avenue that stops at the mall. Go up one of them, and you'll eventually hit University, which is the main drag. Put a post up to tell Duke to wait by the street, preferably in front of the Coffee shop. It's a separate brick building with a big sign. Pick him up and go back to the mall. My group may or may not beat you there, so we'll meet in the main food court. After that, you'll be in charge of going on a salvage run."

"You'll also need to post instructions for Org and Angel. Tell them to put something conspicuous on the road without blocking traffic. Put it out that the general symbol will be one gunshot. Two in an emergency. Thanks."

(I'l need help with the lists once we have supplies to deal with, I'll write something rough up now too)).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 05:43:29 pm »

"Gotcha, hang and wait for Jack.  Heh, I was about to ask what he looks like, but I guess the walking around thing will be enough of a clue.  And Duke-  University, right.  Yeah, I'll post something from the mall comps.  Hope he sees it."

"
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 39 times)

Aqizzar                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 03:31:16 PM>>

More Postin' in The Last Thread On Earth.

Duke!  Duke, if you read this, I'll be swinging by University or wherever you are to pick you up, as soon as Jack makes it to the mall.  I don't really know where I'm going, so try to make yourself obvious.  I'll look for anybody doing anything, you look for the vehicle that's driving around and making noise.

Hang tight man, it's all coming together.

Report to Moderator      IP Logged

Dwarf Fortress Players: Coming up with solutions for problems that have yet to be implemented.
Zasit the Treecutter: Scram guys! It's the copse!

((Jack: So I can get a head start on what I'm doing next, after you get to the mall, are you going to want to ride around, or just hang out at the food court?))
[/quote]
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 05:55:24 pm »

(( So how will it be divided? Small inventory for everyone and a home base i.e. your house to dump stuff? ))

(( By the way, are there gonna be any fights, like any feral dogs still left around or any rat attack? (in packs they are quite deadly)  ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:28 pm »

((I'll probably write it up as a list with personal and shared inventories yes. As for the fights . . . What do you expect?))

Strife calls up Jack at the number he called from. He gets the front desk of the Motel 8.

"Fuck."

Furtunatly, there was an automated system. Unfourtunatly, Strife didn't have the slightest idea of what room Jack was in.

"Damnit."

Strife calls Aqizzar back.

"Hey, Aqizzar, Jack apparently called me from a hotel room, so I can't get back to him. Could you put his part of the plan online as well? Thanks."

He calls up Dwarf.

"Dwarf, we're getting close to Kelly's now. Where exactly are you?"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 06:42:38 pm »

After a good ten minutes of waiting after the strange hummer, Ian had gotten bored again and wandered back into the cafe to surf the web. No news site or blog provided any real information as to what happened. It was as if humanity just stopped existing the day before. That is, 'till he found a few other forums with conversations similar to what he was doing now with the B12 guys. They were scattered across the globe, apparently no western country had been spared. There were no reports from Asia or Africa, and Australia was completely silent.
 Then Ian found the message posted on the plan. Well, things would be coming together. Not wanting to abandon his browsing for what happened, he constructed a Wifi dish to direct the wireless area outside. Then he could just sit on a nearby van and wait. Clouds had made the sky overcast, and now he could bear to be outside.

((Nothing much for me to say.))
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13