Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13661 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2009, 01:29:54 am »

'Maybe we should grab some sleeping bags and bedrolls before we go."
((Please give me more time to reply in future. I was going to grab all the Terry Prattchett, Tad Williams and Andy McNab books I could find but now I can't))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2009, 01:34:30 am »

((I'm fine with some retcons.))

Angel is able to snag a couple of discworld novels, but there weren't that many. Mostly copies of obscure fantasy novels with half nude women on their covers, or lame teenage series.

((I'll be spending tomorrow driving, so don't expect anything from me for 18 hours or so, hopefully I'll have updated lists by the time that we stop.))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2009, 03:56:36 am »

(( Hello. ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2009, 05:36:28 pm »

"Well, there's a fair amount of stuff at my house. My dad ice fishes. We could go to a camping store. But, we'd almost want to make a detailed search of a camping place. There would be plenty of blankets at my place at least . . ."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2009, 07:15:10 pm »

/((The game is really dragging. Does anyone have any ideas for livening it up? Or feel like writing a specific set of rules? I'm not much good for anything other then role play (and I don't think that any game system could accurately portray the event that we're supposed to be in). What should I do? I'd rather that this doesn't die. If only because I think about events like this WAY too much.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2009, 07:16:55 pm »

((Let me think about it.))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2009, 07:19:31 pm »

((I'm already trying to write a bunch of game ideas of my own.  What I can say, I've lost interest...))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:59 pm »

((Well, I'd rather not go for the old interest stand-by and do something genre-shifting.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2009, 07:28:16 pm »

((The progression of the game, and its not a game really, more like a bunch of guys talking about the end of the world until we meet some sort amends end condition, where we're all set up is slow and boring. To write mechanics or design something around a already existing game is inconvenient and annoying. Even if everyone agreed to keep playing it as a roleplay and nothing more, progress and interest would be pretty slow and slim, because there's absolutely nothing to do.

And don't get me wrong, if you had made this game about zombies we would suffer the same problem, only we would be far TOO concerned about blasting fodder without any game mechanics.

Strife, just go back and work on your zombie game again in your spare time and release updates whenever you FEEL like it.

And YOU Aqizzar. UPDATE.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:46 pm »

((Can't I just add zombies to this game? I'd have to retconn the previous turn of the zombie game (cuase the writing was atrocious.). I don't know how many people would want me to continue that one.))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »

(( Personally, I think it'd be better to start off with a new set-up entirely.  It's not like you'd be losing much from this one, considering we made it as far as futzing around in the food court. ))
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2009, 07:41:30 pm »

((I'd agree, just start a new one then.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2009, 07:42:10 pm »

(( :'( Your logic crushes Strife's puny soul. I guess that I'll wait till I'm back in Fargo before I start anything. At which point I'll be in school anyway and won't have time.))

The group eventually made a new life for themselves. Duke accidentally cut his hand off with a chainsaw. He lived though. They eventually met with several other groups and formed a thriving settlement somewhere. Though the world nearly died, man still lived and rebuilt.

-End
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:44:46 pm by Strife26 »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2009, 07:45:43 pm »

yey?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »

(( Don't worry Strife, I'll make it up to you.  I'll reserve a place for you in my next forum game (whatever it is), and try to get you lots of perks in back in Simville. ))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13