Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13664 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 02:09:28 pm »

(repeatedly muted and unrepentant troll TheToeBighter98 banned and erased from thread, carry on)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 03:49:09 pm »

Bay 12 Games Forum > Finally... > General Discussion > Is anyone alive?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 9 times)

Jack_Bread                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 012:57:20 PM>>

No. I don't have a car. I never even wanted to learn how to drive.
So, yeah, you'll have to get me.

Zangoose are adorable!

Pokemon Ruby Let's Play!
I will finish PRLP whether people post or not!!!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 07:38:09 pm »

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 11 times)

WorkerDrone                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                                                           <<on:July 15, 2009, 01:12:17 PM>>

I'm coming up on Main Ave. Its deader than dead 'round here. Just a few stray dogs and a few cats so far. Should I just take it right to West Fargo? Did any fires happen? Any structural damage to worry about? What about the river? I'm on 10th street right now, and the truck broke down heading into town. Can I get a lift? This ghost town's scaring the shit out of me. No one at all. Not a god damn a fly. Well okay plenty of those.

Shiju8ue 83u3-

Report to Moderator   IP Logged

« previous next »

I toppled from my seat on a crashed car's hood, bracing slavering fangs and at least 120 pounds away from my throat with the shotgun. My laptop landed (luckily) on the duffle bag laying beside the car. I shoved the angry beast away from my chest, punting it across the nose with my mossberg. The dog yelped and ran off, whimpering.

"Christ..." I breathed heavily, leaning against the car.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:41:19 pm by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »

"
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 1 time)

Strife 26                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 01:30:14 PM>>

Okay. Worker, I'm coming to get you right now. Stay on Main and 10th. Then I'll loop around to grab Jack. We'll spike out to 45th street, and hit the Scheels for a very fast run through.

Worker, hunker in your truck. Jack, lock yourself in your hotel room, we'll signal you with a single gunshot. See if you can get an outside line too.

Everyone, my cell is: (701) 716-8943. Aqizzar, Dwarf, if you can, call me with your location, and we'll swing by and get you as well. Moving out now.
Masquerading as a man with a reason|My charade is the event of the season|And if I claim to be a wise man|It surely means that I don't know|On a stormy sea of moving emotion|Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean|I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say|Carry on my wayward son|There'll be peace when you are done|Lay your weary head to rest|Don't you cry no more
-Carry on Wayward Son (By Kansas)

Report to Moderator      IP Logged

"Thank god I filled the pick-up before we parked it. Let's get this boat moving."

Strife grabbed his .22, shotgun, and cased rifle and went to his pick-up. Thankfully, it started moving. He drove off at a decent clip.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 08:26:09 pm »

I headed back down a little, to where my truck got stowed. I had slept in the back last night, after getting into town, pushing it about a block until I thought I was in a reasonable place for the night. In it were a few boxes, most of which contained food and water (there were two jerrycans of clean water in the back, which was all I could bring) the water being clean and fresh, which is all back home had. Lots of water underground.

My duffle bag, which I had found just lying around, contained all of my important possessions, that being all my ammo, two sets of clean clothes, one of which being for winter, a box filled with a few pictures, baseball cards, and a housekey, and my cellphone. That reminds me.

I grabbed my cell out of the bag (I put in the back of the truck, Strife's probably gonna want to pick this clean, if he's gonna go all survivalist on me, so I'll grab it when we leave) and sat in the front seat with the door open.

"Okay, so I have two boxes of canned food, a cooler with some meat, two jerrycans of water, gun and ammo, broken down truck, and laptop. Shit I forgot to check my laptop!"

I stood up and went to the back of my truck, grabbing my computer off the top of my bag. It looked okay, and I managed to get some music going on it. I turned it up and leaned against my truck, while (was it Metallica? Yes that was Death Magnetic alright) blared out. I laughed a little. NONE of these bands would be making music anymore.

"Shit."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »

((Somehow I completely fucked this post up trying to copy it.  Nothing too important lost.  Ignore and carry on.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:05:45 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 08:35:28 pm »

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 23 times)

Jack_Bread                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 012:57:20 PM>>

Got it.

Zangoose are adorable!

Pokemon Ruby Let's Play!
I will finish PRLP whether people post or not!!!

Jack gets up from the computer and closes and locks the door, trying to avoid looking at the dead woman. He takes a look outside and tries calling home on the phone.
"Pick up..."
Jack's eyes begin tearing up. He begins dialing all the number he memorized. No answer. He takes another look outside then continues trying numbers.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »

((I'd be fine with dropping the post in post format, but don't you just quote it for easiness?))

“Thank God that all these roads are pretty wide.”

Strife drove the green F-150 up University drive somewhat clumsily. There were a couple of cars stopped in the road, and a few more in the ditch. Strife noticed with some apprehension a pretty big smoke plume around 58th ave.

“Fuck. Martin’s way is burning. Damn.”

The construction on University drive was something that Strife had forgotten. While they widened the road, it was down to two narrow lanes. A three car pileup blocked them.

“Fuck. I should of realized that.”

Unable to turn around, Strife was forced to do some damnedably scary reversing to get out.

“Idiot. I should of planned to take 25th there. 52nd is still closed, so I’ll have to go through Martin.”

Strife entered the residential area, but quickly found the going tough. The entire area seemed to have gone up in smoke, and the two roads that would have gotten him through were blocked by cars.

“I guess that I’ll have to bulldoze through construction.”

Strife once again turned around, and made his way back to the University-52nd intersection. The crews had grated everything down, just waiting to pour concrete. He drove through the construction, taking out a few cones on the way. He noted that all of the construction gear might be useful if they were going to have to clear roads. Especially the small bulldozers that he had always liked. Strife got back onto pavement and made his way north on 25th street.. The going was pretty tough, so he jumped back to University at 32nd.

There were a couple of cars on the road, but it was mostly three lanes going each way, so Strife made due.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:04 pm »

((Strife can I join))

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:43 pm »

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 248 times)

Org                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 14, 2009, 010:25:20 PM>>

Thank God someone else is alive. I am stuck here in a hotel. Good thing I brought my laptop on this vacation. Everyone here seems to be dead. Kinda freaked me out when I woke up. Not sure what to do. Help?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Org sat back. When he remembered the body behind him. He quickly sat back up, and started to walk around the hotel, wondering what to do...

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 12:10:34 am »

''Sigh.'' I looked at the card I got when I signed in this place. ''Kelly Inn, huh?''. I picked up my cell phone and dialed Strife. Beeep!
''Great, at least the phone network still works. For now at least.'' ''Hey man, I am at the, uhh, Kelly Inn, somewhere in Main Avenue. It'd be great if you could pick me up, this place is starting to reek of all the dead people.''
I grabbed my things and stuffed them in a bag, then I checked around for any food to take with me.

(( By the way, are you making the locations as you go or are you using real locations and maps? ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 12:25:18 am »

((Real map. 10th street, Main Ave, 45th, all of this stuff is real. Use a map like everyone else. Or in Strife's case he lives there, so he's gonna know if were making shit up.))

I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

Ring...ring...ring...

No answer yet. Damn.

"What are you doing? Taking 32nd onto 13th Ave, than turning for 10th St? I'm practically in downtown Fargo at this point, why are you so far from town?" I muttered to myself, closing my laptop and packing it into its case. I looked at the time before putting it away, putting it at around 1:30 PM. I realized I hadn't eaten all day and dug dug through one of my coat pockets, pulling out a bag of nuts. I ate a few and drank from a jerrycan, still leaning against my broken down truck.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:45:35 am by WorkerDrone »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 12:50:28 am »

"Gotcha Dwarf. The Kelly Inn on main street. I'll be there. If you have an internet connection, please update the plans. Also, if anything has changed, call me back."

"Oh. Missed call, eh? Who could it be."

"Yeah, this is Strife. Who is this?"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 01:18:37 am »

Pages: [2]

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 12 times)

Duke 2.0                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 09:53:43 AM>>

Alright guys, seems like I'm stuck with you. Now know that this site was not the first thing I checked. I suppose it was just a force of habit. And it's a good thing, too.
 Due to some rather interesting chances, I'm actually in ND right now. I really don't know where I am, but Strife should know. I came up here for an internship, and I suppose the 24 hour bus ride saved my life from whatever the hell happened out here. Any chance one of you guys could come and get me?

I'll likely take up resources, but whatever. We need all the survivors we can get.

Ian shuddered as he posted the message. He had dealt with the shock of all this death rather poorly, and posting on the familiar forum was the only thing that could take his mind off of how lonely his life was going to be now. Granted he didn't know the status of his family, but considering the scale of whatever had happened it was practically a grantee. He wiped his face off again and started to pack the things around him.
 He was in a Cafe near the bus station. Besides him was a laptop of some high-quality brand his did not recognize, taken from a dead student. On the table was a collection of foods that would spoil soon if not preserved. He figured the preserved stuff would still be here if he ever made it back. Lazily stuffing the food into his backpack, he looks outside for any street signs. The dead silence was both literal and frightening.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2009, 02:11:30 am »

I noticed my phone ringing and answered immediately. It was Strife.

"Yeah, I'm still here on 10th. Are you on 32nd still, or are you finally swinging around to 13th? I'm at the end of 10th where it goes from 13th to 10th onto Main Ave. I have my truck here, and despite not working (I think it might have overheated, lots of smoke and stuff from it last night) its still in pretty good condition, that and some boxes of food, some clean water, and my shit. We can probably come back for the food if your truck can't take the load, but I'm bringing my bag and gun, and the laptop too. You almost here?"

It was the first time I had heard Strife's voice, though it was also the only voice I had heard in the last thirty six hours, and that was comforting enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13