Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13669 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 04:08:05 am »

(( See? Seek something 4 times and you'll find it. Even if it's just a crappy minivan. ))

I kicked the body that fell out of the van. His head fell off, then I laughed my ass off. ''These last few days really made me a sadistic bastard.'' Once I got the odor out by using a spray found on the passenger seat, I drove the vehicle back to the joint where everyone else was.

(( BTW, who'll be next on line for DM? )) (( And, where the hell are we again? *looks back* Oh yeah, food court. ))
   (( Wait, where's the food court? Near something Best Buy? Damn, that will be hard to find on Google Earth.))

While I was driving, I already made the van a bit more comfy. I put the rifle under the front seats, strategically placed the laptop onto the glove compartment and wired the laptop charger with the standard power output.
Then I unloaded the food onto the back of the van and opened the roof window to get rid of the foul, decaying stench.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 05:42:08 am »

Jack, bored from sitting, stands.
"I'm going to go look for a book store."
Jack walks over to the map, carrying all of his possessions, and searches it for any book store.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:36 pm »

Dwarf gets the idea that he should be able to charge his laptop by using the minivan. The only outlet that he can see would be the cigarette lighter. Maybe if he stripped the wires and connected them himself? Fortunately, Dwarf remembers the Salsa escape myth. There is, in fact, a difference between AC and DC current, and he lacks a transformer. He doesn't break anything fortunately.

Strife gets up to stand near Jack.

"Well, there is a B Dalton's in here. Its small and pretty crappy, but we could look at least. In fact, it's on the way to Grizzly's. Hey, everyone, we're moving out. Let's grab our gear and get somewhere with decent chairs."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:46:35 pm by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 04:45:17 pm »

(( Self apply for SM ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 04:58:09 pm »

((I'm going to retain Salvage, at least until we loot my house or leave Fargo. I'll put you on the list though.))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2009, 07:14:52 pm »

(( By the way, Dwarf was just muted.  Toady didn't say how long, but for what it was, it could be a while, I'd guess a week or so. ))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 07:16:25 pm »

((where)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2009, 07:18:08 pm »

(( Over in the other games section.  He posted a direct link to a Pirate Bay torrent for a hacked up version of Morrowind.  Toady wasn't too happy about that. ))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »

((That was smart of him. >:| ))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:25 am »

((I'll take care of Org's actions for a while. Sadly, he isn't currently with the group. So we won't know what he does until one of us finds him or he finds us.))

With strangely little discussion, the group makes their way to the book store. Like Strife described it's pretty small. The gate seems to be unlocked, strangely enough. Duke finds that the cash register is unlocked and takes $500 in cash.

Strife idly looks over the sci-fi area. He eventually finds and grabs a small soft cover book and throw it into his bag.

"If anyone wants a book, I'd suggest that they grab them now."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2009, 06:47:38 pm »

I wandered over to the Science Fiction and Alternate History section, looking over a shelf. "Wonder if they have Worldwar or Orphan's Triumph. Ah-hah!" I snatched up Robert Buettner's series, looking over all five of them, all shoved into the same area...though that's sorta to be expected. I gave them a once over. Nice and new. "Any of Harry Turtledove's here?"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 10:00:17 pm »

Either surprisingly or unsurprisingly, depending on weather you've spent much time at the store, Worker is unable to find anything by Turtledove.

"Not too many readers here, I guess? Okay then, I've got a good enough collection of books at home. Shall we continue?"

"Then again, the pharmacy is just across the way. It might be a good idea for us to raid it."

((I can haz actions?))

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »

After a minute of search the book shelves, Jack grabs a box set of Warriors and shoves it into his bag.
"I think I'm good on books, now."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2009, 10:08:46 pm »

((Until I'm inclined to actually post something, I just follow along. Really, your the GM, do something INTERESTING. Its a game. Stuff happens. Shit hits the fan. And then there's intermediate moments where we talk and have conversations, and if its appropriate, a good time, and then we get back to the action. Well we just did *THAT*, so its how you keep interest while still having actual dialogue. It doesn't have to be crazy ass road warrior battles, but how about a car accident near us? Or an earthquake. Or I dunno, maybe a plane crashing into the mall. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. And it doesn't have to be FATAL all the time either.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2009, 10:32:20 pm »

The group ransacks the West Acres Pharmacy for some assorted medical supplies. Duke comes up with the pretty good idea to grab some multi-vitamins. Depending on what they end up eating, they might not be getting all the stuff they need. They make sure to grab a stack of Vitamin C supplements, no one can remember exactly WHAT scurvy does, but there is agreement that it isn't pleasant.

Aqizzar leads the way to Grizzly's. It's right next to one of the exits of the mall. You can see from doors that it's getting to be dusk. The street lights are still on (as is all of the electricity and water systems), but the natural light is still fading.

Strife breaks down the door and leads everyone inside the bar area.

"I'm getting pretty tired everyone. It might be a good idea to grab the booze and do the drinking somewhere safe. Like my house. I think that I can scrounge up enough beds and cots for us all, but it's a bit of a drive, so we might want to do it soon, and preferably sober."

Somebody mentions Org's absence. Where did he go?

((I'm kind of in email contact with Org. He sent me two email, the first asking if he could just email actions. After I tried to open the second, my hotmail is no longer functioning. In any case, I'm going to abide by the terms of Toady's mute and take his guidance under only some observation. Feel free to describe your character's current mindset. At some point the whole "EVERYONE'S DEAD!!" thing has to sink in when Adrenaline has worn out.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13