Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13667 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 01:34:31 am »

(( Damn. I just take a little nap and already everyone dumps me, leaving me with a dirty pickup. ))

''Damn pickup.'' I really hated pickups. Especially dirty ones. I shot the lock off of this one, then I broke down the keylock at the wheel and crossed the keylock wire with the ignition one. (( Yeh, I can hotwire in RL ))

(( OK, if I fail, just make me go to wherever you guys are. If I succeed, I drive the car there. ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 01:40:38 am »

Dwarf, considers trying to shoot the lock out of the pick-up, but suddenly remembered something. The Mythbusters busted trying to shoot locks out. Oops. He decides to break a window instead. He shoots out the front driver window. It's safety glass, so it shatters into little pieces. Dwarf sits down and starts to try to hot-wire it. In retrospect, he should have tried to shoot out a window that wouldn't cover his seat in glass. He tries to hot wire the vehicle, but lacks any of the needed tools. In his process of trying, he's caused some damage to the ignition. Defeated, Dwarf returns to the group. (Two rolls involved)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 02:04:11 am »

(( Wait, since when do you need any tools to hotwire vehicles? ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 02:10:10 am »

((Last I checked, you'll have to get to the ignition wire via getting inside the Steering Column, you'll probably need something to strip said wires.))

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 02:14:54 am »

(( Well that's easy, you just press it onto the glass remains on the window, (ignoring I have a pocket knife!) ))

(( Also you can use a lighter to melt it. And I think I mentioned back in the hotel one of the dead guys had it. ))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:53 am »

((You rolled as low as possible. Be happy I didn't have you electrify yourself.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 02:35:40 am »

((Hoo-ray for not completely frying out own innards then?))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 03:04:35 am »

((I was considering it))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 03:21:52 am »

(( You're both wrong anyway.  Virtually any car made after about 1994 is virtually impossible to hotwire.  "Modern" ignition systems are built with exactly that sort of old liability in mind. ))

(( I guess he rolled too low for it to matter, but realistically, he probably could have just found a truck with a dead driver, and taken the keys. ))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 03:41:56 am »

(( I ♥ you Aqizzar. ))

As the other members of our rag.tag group were talking, what to do, I had an idea. I rushed out of the building and grabbed the first van on the road.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 03:44:01 am »

Dwarf is suprisingly lucky. It's a blue minivan. There's a body in the front seat, but it fell out when he opened the door. It seemed to be one of those cool cars that turns off automatically if you don't don anything with it for too long. It's got 2/3 a tank of gas.

((Sorry, the last car I had hot wiring methods described about was the Grand National. Don't ask why. Someone feel like doing an in context post now?))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 03:51:36 am »

((I really am 15, but I'm not at all angsty. I don't think I have mood swings, but I also have very good self control, so if I do get them, they don't matter))

"We should get plenty of soap and lots of metho. Soap because it's a good idea to be clean and metho because it's really useful. It is an effective cleaner and it's very flammable so it can be used as burner fuel and as a fire starter. As for leaving a message, maybe we should do something more visible, like spraypainting it somewhere obvious. And I can cook a bit."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 03:53:30 am »

"Hey Strife. Is there a Music Store anywhere in town? Here at the mall? I uh...left my Guitar at home. No sense in not playing just because its the end of the world."

((I was kidding. Also. "With enough soap we could blow up just about anything. Yup. Just about anything."))

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 04:02:12 am »

((It's still important that you know I have good self control))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 04:02:30 am »

((It's still important that you know I have good self control))

(( You're a teenager.  Your opinion of you means nothing.  Just kiddin'. ))

((I was kidding. Also. "With enough soap we could blow up just about anything. Yup. Just about anything."))

(( This conclusion took too long to reach. ))

(( And no I have nothing constructive to add.  I'm still blasted from a concert. ))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13