Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13674 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »

(( 15. And I'll shoot anyone that calls me a teen. ))

After teaching Ian the art of Marksmanship, I went and again searched for that elusive Securivan.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »

((Bitter about your age, Dwarf? At least you won't be called a Tween or in-be-tweener.))

Dwarf once again goes outside to look around the parking lots.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 05:08:18 pm »

(( 15 is very firmly in teenage territory Dwarf.  That you're resentful about it clearly marks you as such. ))

Aqizzar sighs in frustration.  "Fuckin' hell, am I actually the oldest guy in the world at twenty fuckin' two?  Figures.  None of us know what the fuck we're doing, and we've got a bunch of hormonal wanna-be super soldiers and script kiddies to wrangle into a civilization."  Aq tosses his Xxxenophile cards aside.  "Alright, first things first.  I'm getting some booze, and you're all gonna drink it.  You're men now, time to start learning what that means..."
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2009, 05:15:06 pm »

((24, though its not exactly what I'd call a big deal, ages, UNLESS, of course, your NOT actually an adult and used your own age, and are indeed a teen, therefore I have certain expectations of angst from you. Like exampled.))

I ambled around, looking at a wide selection of cars. "Now what do I want...SUVs aren't totally out of the question, but forget any Hummers or big F-250's. And screw Jeeps. Toyota Tundra? Another F-150? We should probably all get lightweight trucks and do some work on them. Strip them down maybe?" I muttered some nonsense to myself about finding a Buss under the mall and welding spikes, throwing wire over it, making holes for chainsaws, and armouring it with sheet metal. Maybe when the zombies show their faces. And besides, that plan didn't work even in the movie.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2009, 05:24:04 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGH!!!

Then I jacked the nearest black pickup truck.

(( I admit, I lied about my age. I am 78 years old. I've got nose cancer and I'm going to hell in 3 months. ))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2009, 05:31:50 pm »

(( Dude, it's not some kind of failure for not being born at 21.  Everyone ages the same damn speed. ))

"Well, if we're all just gonna root out whatever transportation we want, I'll just help myself then."  Aqizzar heads off to the parking lot, in search of anything sporty to carry him while looking for a long term option.  Maybe grab that Ford Aeromax from the construction site...

(( By the way, I'll be heading out for the night soon, so you won't see any posts from me.  Peace out. ))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2009, 05:38:12 pm »

It's a surprisingly big mall, with a lot of parking space. It's mostly deserted right now. It must have happened sometime during the night. Which leads to interesting question regarding the ease which everyone got inside.

"I'd think that maybe four F-150 type pickups for our main vehicle, with a van for extra storage, a medium truck for heavy storage, and a light car for scouting. would be good. We've got one pick-up from me, and my newer Lesabre or Grand Am would work as a scout vehicle. You know, I wonder if I could find a Grand National somewhere in town . . ."

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2009, 06:39:42 pm »

((15))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2009, 09:10:29 pm »

Worker and Dwarf go out to the parking lots (third time for Dwarf) and look around. Worker finds absolutely nothing that is any sort of pick-up: light, heavy, or decrepit. The mall was apparently closed when the event happened. Dwarf manages to find a Chevy S-10. Model '97. It's a really dirty white. It's kinda black though? It's locked, and Dwarf makes little progress in getting inside. Or doing any jacking of any sort (both of those results were controlled by a RNG, just so you guys know). Worker goes back inside. Dwarf remains with his (?) pick-up.

Strife speaks up.

"Well, it's about seventeen thirty right now. I'm getting pretty hungry. I guess that there might be some wisdom in Aqizzar's plan. There won't be much in this crappy, if large, food court. It's sucked since the Cajun Cafe got closed down. There is a Grizzly's Bar and Grill down a bit. Shall we go there? I'm sure that one of us will be able to whip something up in the kitchen for us all."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »

((Just so everyone knows, GMerial stuff will be put in bold. I'm keeping a pretty stiff seperation of Strife the player and Strife26 the GM.))

It's pretty cloud outside, but the sun is clearly getting lower in the sky. It smells like rain as well. Warm enough for a T-shirt to be comfortable. The wind is pretty minor as well.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2009, 10:10:16 pm »

((18))

Ian had to grin at the prospect of being useful.

"I could get something sorted for a meal. Don't expect me to make what the restaurant makes, but I should make something decent."

Th brief gun training felt like every other brief training he had: Most of the things explained seemed somewhat intuitive enough that he could likely grasp it on his own, except for the stance and aiming bits. Then there was the real issue: Could he shoot at a person? Could he kill? He knew that question was on gun tests, and he knew he would likely fail that part of a test.
 Then again, being hopped up on adrenalin can do amazing things to a persons judgment.

((Hold on, so the large group is at the table and Aqizzar and Strife are looking over the mall? Or did you end that action now to streamline things? Streamlining is good.))
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 10:16:17 pm »

((Everyone except Dwarf is in the food court. Dwarf is staring a dirty pick-up truck in the parking lot that may or may not become clean shortly.))

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 10:57:53 pm »

"Did I forget to mention I'm a pretty damn good cook?" I grinned pretty inanely at that. I just hope they don't ask me to bake anything. I hate baking with a passion. Loath even.

"Before we leave. Let's grab some stuff from the Best Buy. And what about watches? Yep. We got some places to stop at, Police Stations and National Guard depots not at the bottom of the list. Well that and we need to find some GOOD vehicles. No luck in the parking lot."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2009, 11:13:45 pm »

"Best buy is across the parking lot from here. I'd say that we should finish up our buisness here in the mall before we move on. Thinking about it, we should probably leave a message in case someone else comes in here."

Strife rummages through Taco Johns and finds a piece of paper and a pen. He writes "Group of people who are alive", followed by his phone number and Bay12games.com forum. He goes to a nearby table and puts a couple of chairs on top, followed by the paper.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13