Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Rapture?  (Read 13658 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rapture?
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:43:26 am »

Bay 12 Games Forum > Finally... > General Discussion > Is anyone alive?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Notify  |  Mark unread  |  Send this topic  |  Print

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 1 time)

Strife 26                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 09:53:43 AM>>

Is anyone there? I woke up this morning at about 9 AM. It was really quiet. I went to look into my Mom's bedroom. She's dead. I checked my sister. So is she. There's no truama or anything. Just cold. The cats, turtle and snake look like they're fine. I tried CPR for a while, but they didn't respond. I tried 911, but got a recording. I went next door, and banged on it. No answer. They're a retired couple. They're car was in the driveway. I went inside (it wasn't locked). They were both dead on their bed.

I went to the other neighbor. They're both dead too. I called 911 again. Thank god for preplanned rutines. I grabbed my BDU coat and put it on, then grabbed the shotgun and loaded it. I manhandled the ladder to the back deck. I'm really scarred.

I got my combat boots and cargo pants on. I called everyone on my cell phone contacts. Tried random numbers from the phone book. No answer anywhere. I can't find any updated news source.

Is anyone still alive? Please, post here quickly. I don't know how long the power will last . . .
Masquerading as a man with a reason|My charade is the event of the season|And if I claim to be a wise man|It surely means that I don't know|On a stormy sea of moving emotion|Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean|I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say|Carry on my wayward son|There'll be peace when you are done|Lay your weary head to rest|Don't you cry no more
-Carry on Wayward Son (By Kansas)

Report to Moderator      IP Logged

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:30:38 am by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:27 am »

((Limit of 6 people for now. Any information about people that everyone knows will be here, along with overall supplies.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would be willing to take care of this post.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:50 am »

_

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:03:55 am »

((Ok, I'm in. I've sent some info with PM. Correct format?))
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 04:16:43 am »

((I'll give this a go once I've read all the tabs I have open))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:30:30 am »

((Better hurry, I just sent mine.  Though I'm quickly going to urge that we leave Fargo for more hospitable climes.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:03:13 am »

((I just sent mine. I hope I gave enough info))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 05:29:56 am »

((I sent mine in. This looks really good. Hard to crap this one up.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:35:52 am by WorkerDrone »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 05:31:47 am »

((I just noticed in the OP - Strife, you might want to take your IP address out of the post.  It's a really cool effect how you emulated the page format, but that's a step a little too far.  Just put Logged instead.))
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 05:34:57 am »

WorkerDrone
Bay Watcher

Is anyone alive? (Read 2 times)

The god damned WorkerDrone.                                Is anyone alive?
                                                                         <<on:July 15, 2009, 011:39:21 AM>>

LitanyofFire@Live.com
View Profile Email Online

Posted by: WorkerDrone

WorkerDrone here. Woke up outside, look up and saw a the rock that must have tripped me last night. Its pretty hazey, had to get inside the house. The dogs are fine, I set them up with food and water, and...Jesus its hard to believe I found anyone at all to take care of them, but their fine, and I left with my shit. People died. Could have been a virus, but it didn't look violent. Don't know what happened to the family, didn't bother to check on them, because I was to afraid. I did look up some friends because I needed help getting shit, but most of them bit it too.

Tore up the house and loaded it on the truck, and drove off. Shit back home is bad. Looks like some fires got out of control with no fireman to handle it. There's not much looting, mostly because all the looters are dead. To much ground to cover, anyone who's still alive I haven't seen them. Saw three people, two of them I didn't know. I figured Strife wouldn't kick it, so I decided to head north, mostly because it was my Zombie Apocalypse plan, that or heading east to the rockies. Not south. Christ, south more must be a nightmare right now.

The Highways went to SHIT, so it was offroading mostly. It got tough after I crossed through Oregon, and I lost the truck and most of my shit getting up here. Looks like stuff's not as bad here in ND, still don't know where everything is. Its pretty bad down south too. I didn't bother checking around though, so it might not be too bad east more. Let's just hope this thing didn't do anything else besides choke the life out of everything.

Least its not zombies.

Report to moderator       IP Logged

« previous next »

"..."

"Jesus Christ..." I look up from my computer, at the area around me. "...Did I really come up here to Fargo, North Dakota? What the fuck."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:44:42 am by WorkerDrone »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:31:51 am »

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 3 times)

Jack_Bread                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 012:57:20 PM>>

Someone's alive? *sigh* I got at the Super 8 Motel in Fargo, ND yesterday with my friend for some basketball game. When I woke up, I went outside but saw the cleaning lady was dead and blocking the door. My friend is dead. I tried calling 911, too, but I got the recording, also. I'm kind of freaking out, but I know to stay calm. I regret not reading the "Zombie Preparedness" thread, now. I wonder what it going on? I wonder why we're still alive...

Zangoose are adorable!

Pokemon Ruby Let's Play!
I will finish PRLP whether people post or not!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:33:31 am by Jack_Bread »

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 06:43:44 am »

(( I ain't gonna emulate no shit. ))

As I woke up, my senses told me something was wrong. Everything was too ... quiet. Usually, the kids next door banged on the walls so I couldn't get a decent rest. Strangely, there were no such thing this night.

I was staying at some motel in Fargo. I checked in last night to visit my granny, but it was already late when I flew in so I thought to first get a place to wait for the morning, then visit my elderly grandma.

As soon as I got dressed in my usual clothes and my good ol' leather coat, I went down to the motel's bar. Nobody was there, so I went to get a drink myself. As I walked to the counter-top, I saw him. Dead. For the moment, I was paralyzed. My first encounter with someone dead. I worked often with sick and dying as part of my studies, but they were still alive.

As soon as I pulled myself together, I check the bartender for any signs of life. Nothing. And even stranger, there was no wounds. Could be a stroke. I called the medics, but nobody answered. Just the prerecorded message.

I couldn't take it anymore. I collapsed and cried and cried more. I ran to the motel owner's room to get help. He was dead too. No wounds either. I don't know how long I was standing there, shocked, as I got a call back to reality. I heard my laptop ringing. There was a new post on the forums. I quickly
ran back to my room and checked the post. It was a cry for help by a fellow forum member named Strife26.

As soon as I found that he's here, in Fargo, I grabbed my stuff and ran to him. Strength in numbers.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 06:46:07 am »

I figured Fargo was as good a place to make once last stop as any.  At least I could legitimately say I've been to the middle of nowhere, and "Fargo" was a good movie.  One last stop before trying to bluff my way into Canada, if it needed bluffing at all.  I still figured I should be in top shape for the next day, so naturally I drank too much from the hotel minibar.  No intention of paying for it, of course.  I wouldn't be on this trip if I was going to.

"Hey, anybody back there?  I'd like to check out sometime today!  ...Aw man, c'mon."

Hammering the bell isn't going to do me any more good.  I guess I'm just too anxious after seeing that patrol car.  You think every cop is after you when you know at least one is.

"Dammit, if you don't check me out before eleven, I'm not paying for another day!"

Too much yelling.  Ol' Billy Bob Bates isn't showing up any time soon anyway.  I need some air.  There's not enough air outside.  A few moments with a cigarette and a fresh breeze makes me even more anxious.  But why...

It slowly dawns on me that all I can hear is a sparking power line and a few distant car alarms.  There's no traffic.  Eventually, my hungover brain processes that every car on the road, the ones that didn't careen off of it, are motionless.  Looking back and forth proves it's the same scene all across I-29 and everywhere else I can see.  Stunned, I run back in the motel.

"Hey!  Hey you lazy cocksucker, a bomb went off or something!  We gotta...  Wait a minute, what the Hell am I doing?"

Back out in the parking lot and all around the building, I find more and more obvious signs of some astounding event that my stupor hid from me at first.  People slumped in their cars, on the sidewalk, in doorways.  Furiously pounding on every door I can find doesn't turn up a soul.  Running back to my Jeep, honking the horn has no better effect.

I desperation, I root through the conspicuously jumbled pile of clothes in the backseat, and pull out the 91/30 rifle they kept hidden.  Loading one bullet, I crack it off into the air.  The sound echoes across the flat land for several long seconds, the only response a few dogs barking in the distance.

"Jesus...  How long was I asleep?"

Aqizzar
Bay Watcher

Is anyone alive? (Read 6 times)

Is anyone alive?
                                                                         <<on:July 15, 2009, 01:14:49 PM>>

fugitiveblue@yahoo.com
View Profile Email Online

Posted by: Aqizzar

Holy hell is it good to see someone in the world is still up and kicking.  Or typing, as it were.  Figures it'd be other losers from the only forum I frequent.  I'm not telling you anything you weren't thinking yourself that I felt like a gigantic tool for coming here to see if anyone is still alive and connected.  At least I made some phone calls first, but no answer from anyone or any number at all.

I guess we should try to link up or something.  No shortage of gasoline to go around.  I'm in North Dakota for some, literally it seems, God-forsaken reason that won't matter anymore.  Where's everyone else?

If you can here this, you're not just the resistance, you're Humanity.  I'm sure something more poignant will occur to someone when we get there.

Report to moderator       IP Logged

« previous next »

((I think it would be best if we kept any more preliminary posting to a minimum, at least until Strife wakes up to do whatever necessary stuff he has to do to the thread.  I need the break myself.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:53:06 am by Aqizzar »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 07:01:11 am »

I sighed as a read one more post in the (literally) ghost town that the forum was. No new updates. This almost made me cry when I realized there would never be a 1.0 coming our way. Ever.

I shook THAT off, and look back at my laptop. So some people had survived. The irony that we all ended up in the same place. Only difference being, they slept INSIDE places, like motels, and I slept in...the back of my truck. It rained. Like hell. The coat helped.

I closed my computer, and grabbed the Mossberg lying on on a pile of shit I had been lugging around. I closed everything into a duffle bag I had (found, stolen, taken) from nearby, stowing my one last connection to the world wide into its case, shouldering THAT, and then the second bag, and grabbing the shot gun again after setting it down. As if I needed to touch it every five minutes to assure myself.

I looked it over (I hadn't bothered giving it a once over the entire time) and pumped it once. I had stuffed some ammo into the duffle bag, so I wouldn't run out anytime soon.

The funny thing was, I probably wouldn't need the gun. There's literally NO one alive right now.

"..."

Holy shit. What if...of all people...

"No."

"No way did that crazy psyco survive all this shit." I coughed a bit into the storm of withering laughter I built up, which died down as soon as it started, a false attempt at assuring myself. "Ain't no room in hell for the wicked, ain't no room in heeell..." I mumbled, walking down a road, whistling a tune.

-

(toad: reference to troll removed)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:07:59 pm by Toady One »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 09:18:17 am »

Author                                               Is anyone alive? (Read 1 time)

Strife 26                                             Is anyone alive?
Bay Watcher                               <<on:July 15, 2009, 09:53:43 AM>>

Thank God. I'm not the only one left.

Five people that have posted as being alive right now. Does that mean that there are any other survivors? I think that we should all meet up somewhere at the least. Cell towers should be up for a while at least, who has a phone?

Workerdrone: Entering city with truck
Jack: At the motel 8. Do you have a car? Or should I come and pick you up?
Dwarf: At a motel, which one?!
Aqizzar: Somewhere in Fargo, where?

Okay, if everyone could list their locations, I can go pick everyone up, I guess.
Masquerading as a man with a reason|My charade is the event of the season|And if I claim to be a wise man|It surely means that I don't know|On a stormy sea of moving emotion|Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean|I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say|Carry on my wayward son|There'll be peace when you are done|Lay your weary head to rest|Don't you cry no more
-Carry on Wayward Son (By Kansas)

Report to Moderator      IP Logged

"Thank God I'm not the only one left. It was funny cause I was always considering starting a game like this. Could I have brought this down on our heads?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13