Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OMG immigrant swarm  (Read 1265 times)

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: OMG immigrant swarm
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 03:48:13 am »

well its pretty hard to diminish fortress-wealth without crippling your gameplay. I just want to play my game without worrying about my population beeing trippled all of a sudden :(

That's part of this game.  You want a different game, let us know what you find.  :-\

got_milk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 04:06:50 am »

What's absolutely priceless is that I said, "other than hiding bodies?" Then he asked about body disposal....

;D It just fit so well. I'm nearly proud of you if I were capable of that emotion.

Yes I mean 1x1 bedrooms. They don't have to be bedrooms, but bedrooms seem to be the easiest way to bait invite them to their death slumber. Lock the door once they are inside, however you get them there. Starvation does the rest. You may then laugh at them as they beg for food/water.

I like to set up corrals for livestock and later use ropes to tie up cows. I just switch out beds and ropes as needed This same space is an effective dying chamber, because they're all livestock until I say otherwise.

Outside graveyards are just fine for unwanted immigrant livestock "guests". Set a bone stockpile over it and order your bonecrafter's interior bone stockpile to take from it. That way you might be able to use their bones for something once their flesh rots off.

Be sure not to let them make any friends. Kill them quickly before they socialize. Tantrum spirals suck.

Remember, they're victims. We don't want any sympathy for them.

I like that. Now the waves of immigrants walking Bone bolts can come!

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 11:02:11 am »

well its pretty hard to diminish fortress-wealth without crippling your gameplay. I just want to play my game without worrying about my population beeing trippled all of a sudden :(

That's part of this game.  You want a different game, let us know what you find.  :-\

There's always capping your population... although I once got hit by two goblin ambushes with only 15 dwarves(It was a rough embark, lost two dwarves shortly after embark, because the ice they were crossing melted and they drowned while trying to unload the wagon.)
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 12:51:12 pm »

I make one big room with about ten or so beds, make all of them go in there and lock them in. Now some will starve to death, but most will go insane and start slaying the others. Not pratical but fun to watch.
Pages: 1 [2]