Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tweaking goblins  (Read 574 times)

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
tweaking goblins
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:32:56 pm »

so, i've posted this on the gameplay and dwarf mode forums, thought i could get some input here as well. i am interested in the "perfect" embark data from http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32682.0. but i want to possibly tweak a few things, and info/ideas are needed, as i am dumb.

1 - is there any way to take the worldgen data and tweak it so there i am guaranteed evil/terrifying? i've tried those biomes, never got skeletal/zombie anything. i want nao!

2 - megabeasts. i've taken 3 forts to 30+ years and no such luck. is there any way to tweak the gen to allow megabeasts to roam alot? i mean, not constant, but i want them. sidenote: i've recently found out i need 80+ dwarfs to get sieges. ugh, lame.

3 - goblins. i know, i know, there's an orc mod somewhere i can't find. but i'd rather tweak what's already in-game. a little tougher (read: doesn't die as quickly), add the [nofear] tag so they don't retreat, maybe bump up their babymaking. oh, and also make kobolds stronger and [nofear]. i swear, kobolds are worthless, they run the minute you see em, and they don't hurt anything.

4 - i'm running 40d with mayday mod for tilesets and economic stone. will this screw anything up when i gen that world?

any and all answers are pre-appreciated. thanx guys!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: tweaking goblins
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:17:46 pm »

1. You can't set it for 100% evil/terrifying, but you can greatly increase the number of tiles. Go into your world parameters and increase the Evil_SQ
_COUNTS value. You might also want to decrease the GOOD_SQ_COUNTS value. Having too many evil squares will not allow civs to form and cause endless world rejection though.

2. You might be starting your world when not many megabeasts are still alive. This can be solved by ending world gen at a lower year. I generally end in year 50, that way there are still some megabeasts but civs still have a little time to expand. As for the sieges, if you go into the entity files and find the tag [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_XXXX:?] and set that to one then that civilization will attack you earlier. This also means that trading ones will trade earlier as well, and if you set it it is possible to get sieges really early, even the first winter or spring.

3. The tags that you want to add/increase are [DAMBLOCK:x] which functions as natural armor and will increase a creatures resistance to attacks, and [SIZE:x] which will increase their resistance to attacks and amplify the damage that they deal with melee attacks. Increasing size will have the side effect of making their clothes and armor large though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:10:23 pm »

thx. did some more searching, you seem to concur what i've found.

for the [BEAST_END_YEAR:100:10] what does that do? does this affect megabeasts as well?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:14:06 pm by dieinafire »

Laith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:26:03 pm »

It is a set of conditions that tell the world generator to stop history simulation.  For those specific values, it means:

Beginning at year 100 if 10% (or more) of the megabeasts have been killed, stop simulation.

You could set it to 1:1 and have nearly all megabeasts still alive, but as mentioned above you won't be giving civilizations any time to develop/war/whatever.  Tweak it however you see fit.