Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The ultimate challenge.  (Read 2264 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The ultimate challenge.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 11:44:34 am »

Well I just killed one, to end the "age of the demon". This one had been around for 10,000 years and had killed 300 people, mostly dwarves. His dark fortress was actually mostly dwarves, which was a slight problem because I modded dwarves to be insanely tough and do high slash damage with their punches. So I ran in, stabbed the demon in the knee and proceeded to twist the sword for 10-15 turns while a legion of super dwarves attacked me. Finally, after being fist stabbed and fireballed a dozen times I tore the sword out and neatly decapitated the demon, only to be shot in the stomach and have my entrails burst out.

"Well," I thought, "I'm dead anyway, might as well have fun."

So I hucked my sword, which embedded itself in a dwarven archer's chest, and then proceeded to gouge the eyes out of two dwarves, get my sheild arm sliced off, grab the severed arm and break both of a dwarves legs with it before they puched me in the head (Tearing out both eyes and breaking my neck) and then pierced my heart. I bled to death a turn or two later.

pretty fun

lemonpieman

• Bay Watcher
  • Maario
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 07:13:32 pm »

Well I just killed one, to end the "age of the demon". This one had been around for 10,000 years and had killed 300 people, mostly dwarves. His dark fortress was actually mostly dwarves, which was a slight problem because I modded dwarves to be insanely tough and do high slash damage with their punches. So I ran in, stabbed the demon in the knee and proceeded to twist the sword for 10-15 turns while a legion of super dwarves attacked me. Finally, after being fist stabbed and fireballed a dozen times I tore the sword out and neatly decapitated the demon, only to be shot in the stomach and have my entrails burst out.

So I hucked my sword, which embedded itself in a dwarven archer's chest, and then proceeded to gouge the eyes out of two dwarves, get my sheild arm sliced off, grab the severed arm and break both of a dwarves legs with it before they puched me in the head (Tearing out both eyes and breaking my neck) and then pierced my heart. I bled to death a turn or two later.

pretty fun

Damn those superdwarves!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 11:04:20 pm »

pretty fun

Damn those superdwarves!

They're fun to watch in fortress mode though. I once had a group of 2 farmers and a baby hold off a goblin siege.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 11:48:53 pm »

pretty fun

Nice.  Did you succeed in ending the Age?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 10:58:10 am »

pretty fun

sure did. And got impaled on a spike for it

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 01:47:10 am »

sure did. And got impaled on a spike for it

Awesome!
Pages: 1 [2]