Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Battlefield 1943  (Read 3601 times)

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battlefield 1943
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »

Battlefield 1943 is fun. Discuss. Nosrsly, discuss.  Anyway, it's much better then Heroes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:37:19 pm by PenguinOverlord »
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1943
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:51 pm »

I only played the demo, but from that I concluded three things:

1) AI snipers are the devil's work.

2) Engineers are the best class.

3) Tanks can't swim.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:17:51 pm »

no more 32 and 64 player maps :'(
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:39:34 pm »

Isnt it 1942? Great game, I 'borrowed' it off a friend once. In three games I was always the first to die. Then I remembered that it wasnt halo, and stopped dying.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:43:28 pm »

Isnt it 1942? Great game, I 'borrowed' it off a friend once. In three games I was always the first to die. Then I remembered that it wasnt halo, and stopped dying.

They made a new dumbed down remake with pretty graphics and destructible buildings called Battlefield 1943.

New features include: 

Pretty Graphics: now see planes more than 20 meters away from you! 

Destructible buildings: well, some are destructible.  Some of them only have destructible parts.  It's not like Red Faction.  More like you can destroy specific sections by hitting them with explosives.  You can also destroy trees and sandbags.

Bombing raids:  You can enter a certain bunker on each map and it'll take you to a view following three heavy bombers.  Guide them over a target and press fire to drop a salvo of bombs.

Unlimited ammo:  Tired of running out of ammo when you fire constantly at nothing?  Well no more!  Now fire as much as you like, it'll just regenerate after a few seconds!

Only three classes:  Were you upset that you couldn't repair things as the assault class, or blow things up as a sniper in BF1942?  Well no more!  Classes have been combined into three groups!  The Soldier who has an SMG, Rocket Launcher, Wrench, and hand grenades.  The Rifleman who has a semi-automatic rifle, Rifle launched grenades, a Knife, and hand grenades.  The Sniper who has a scoped bold action rifle which has to reload every single bullet even if you've only fired one bullet, a pistol, knife, and remote detonation sticky bombs!

Immense lack of content:  Were you confused by the vast assortment of maps featured in the original BF1942?  Well fear not!  BF1943 has 4 maps!  And even better, you can only play on three of them until the total number of all kills scored by all players in the game reaches 43 million!

Europe?  What Europe!?:  Stupid ferners with their cheese and swastikas gettin yah down?  Screw em!  In the asshole!  BF1943 is set exclusively in the pacific theatar!  Show those midget japs whose boss with some good old fashioned American ass kicking!

Console exclusive until later on when it gets half assedly ported to PC:  Don't you hate those elitist PC gamers with their "Computers" and their... their... Stupid!?  Me too!  Stupid PC... ers!!  They should be raped!  All of them!  And die!  And rape and die!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:04:14 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:24:39 pm »

So I take it you really like Battlefield 1943 Ioric?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:57 pm »

So I take it you really like Battlefield 1943 Ioric?

I dunno.  I tried the demo but just when I was getting into it it kicked me to the main menu and said "Your time has expired, buy the full version to continue."  So I said wow, EA can't even make a demo without being assholes, well fuck you too EA.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:57:12 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:59:56 am »

4 maps? even battlefield heroes has 4 maps and its free! Sounds like they just pasted fancy graphics on to bf-heroes and tried to sell it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 01:15:24 am »

4 maps? even battlefield heroes has 4 maps and its free! Sounds like they just pasted fancy graphics on to bf-heroes and tried to sell it.

Actually, they pasted 1942 maps onto the Bad Company engine :P

On the plus side, it's only $15.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 01:37:34 am »

Giving EA money will turn out to be more costly than you might originally imagine...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 01:40:13 am »

Giving EA money will turn out to be more costly than you might originally imagine...

I could probably buy every game they have on market and I'd still not have given them a scent of profit, due to my earning a regular wage from them at one point for doing functionally nothing at all ;)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 01:51:16 am »

I could probably buy every game they have on market and I'd still not have given them a scent of profit, due to my earning a regular wage from them at one point for doing functionally nothing at all ;)

Well, maybe EA would make better games if they didn't have employees that did functionally nothing...

So the bad logic loops back around on itself, is what I'm trying to say.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 10:00:02 am »

They made a new dumbed down remake with pretty graphics and destructible buildings called Battlefield 1943.

New features include: 

Pretty Graphics: now see planes more than 20 meters away from you! 

Destructible buildings: well, some are destructible.  Some of them only have destructible parts.  It's not like Red Faction.  More like you can destroy specific sections by hitting them with explosives.  You can also destroy trees and sandbags.

Bombing raids:  You can enter a certain bunker on each map and it'll take you to a view following three heavy bombers.  Guide them over a target and press fire to drop a salvo of bombs.

Unlimited ammo:  Tired of running out of ammo when you fire constantly at nothing?  Well no more!  Now fire as much as you like, it'll just regenerate after a few seconds!

Only three classes:  Were you upset that you couldn't repair things as the assault class, or blow things up as a sniper in BF1942?  Well no more!  Classes have been combined into three groups!  The Soldier who has an SMG, Rocket Launcher, Wrench, and hand grenades.  The Rifleman who has a semi-automatic rifle, Rifle launched grenades, a Knife, and hand grenades.  The Sniper who has a scoped bold action rifle which has to reload every single bullet even if you've only fired one bullet, a pistol, knife, and remote detonation sticky bombs!

Immense lack of content:  Were you confused by the vast assortment of maps featured in the original BF1942?  Well fear not!  BF1943 has 4 maps!  And even better, you can only play on three of them until the total number of all kills scored by all players in the game reaches 43 million!

Europe?  What Europe!?:  Stupid ferners with their cheese and swastikas gettin yah down?  Screw em!  In the asshole!  BF1943 is set exclusively in the pacific theatar!  Show those midget japs whose boss with some good old fashioned American ass kicking!

Console exclusive until later on when it gets half assedly ported to PC:  Don't you hate those elitist PC gamers with their "Computers" and their... their... Stupid!?  Me too!  Stupid PC... ers!!  They should be raped!  All of them!  And die!  And rape and die!

You sir, are awesome. You can take a game that has a lack of features, and make it sound like thats a feature in its self.  I love it! You sir, have been awarded 1 internet hug, redeemable at any time you see fit. ;)
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 10:05:43 am »

Hurray I'm awesome!  Still I'm sure there are several people on RPG Codex that could do it better.  I don't hang around there much because they're just too angry, and it gets me down.

Who do I get my internet hug from?  Is it either a kitten or an attractive woman?

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:04:26 am »

Hurray I'm awesome!  Still I'm sure there are several people on RPG Codex that could do it better.  I don't hang around there much because they're just too angry, and it gets me down.

Who do I get my internet hug from?  Is it either a kitten or an attractive woman?

Convinced me to stay away....
Pages: [1] 2