Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Umm starvation?  (Read 1116 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Umm starvation?
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:39:23 am »

well,i tryed adv mode a couple of times and i was wondering if its posssible to get meat because its probably going to be a quick way to get currency,so does anyone know how to do this?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Umm starvation?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:42:41 am »

as far as I know, the only place to get meat is to buy or steal it from a town

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:58:59 am »

well,woulndt the town eventualy run out of meat?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 09:16:46 am »

I think that if you buy it all then Travel one square away and come back it should be re-stocked

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:20:21 am »

well,i usuly just beat the shop keeper with his own food,and steal the rest fo the food and run away.

ill come back and sell it to some new shopkeeper and repeat.

and i never see meat just come out of dust and spawn there.

so its probably not that att the current moment.

though,it is FUN to beat shopkeepers with there own items XP
Story of my life.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:30:03 am »

A couple of things.  First, using 'T' to travel will essentially satisfy your need to eat, drink, sleep, and will heal any wounds you have short of restoring lost limbs.  With this, it is possible to never have to actually eat or drink anything.

However, if you find that there is no more meat/fish to be had, either due to poor planing or having eaten the worlds supply, then hit 'L' to look around your immediate area.  When you do you will probably find beetles and worms in forested or grassy areas which you can catch.  If you are starving, your dwarf will willingly eat a beetle or worm.

Personally, I find my adventure gets rich pretty quick after I go and assassinate a few goblins and make off with there stuff.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:23 am »

A couple of things.  First, using 'T' to travel will essentially satisfy your need to eat, drink, sleep, and will heal any wounds you have short of restoring lost limbs.  With this, it is possible to never have to actually eat or drink anything.

However, if you find that there is no more meat/fish to be had, either due to poor planing or having eaten the worlds supply, then hit 'L' to look around your immediate area.  When you do you will probably find beetles and worms in forested or grassy areas which you can catch.  If you are starving, your dwarf will willingly eat a beetle or worm.

Personally, I find my adventure gets rich pretty quick after I go and assassinate a few goblins and make off with there stuff.

i rarly ever get quest due to no one needing me
Story of my life.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:07 pm »

Most likely do to the fact that your game world is older the say, 100 years. If you really want some megabeast hunting fun then just gen a world and stop at year 2. Should be plenty of dragons for you to slay.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »

Most likely do to the fact that your game world is older the say, 100 years. If you really want some megabeast hunting fun then just gen a world and stop at year 2. Should be plenty of dragons for you to slay.

so adv should be started at year 1-2 and not year 500 =o
Story of my life.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:30:45 pm »

If you want megabeasts then yeah. Dragons and other quest creatures get killed off alarmingly fast during worldgen so waiting for the game to stop gen for you generally means that there's gonna be little to no megabeasts left.

year 1-100 (ish) tons of little, unconnected towns and many megabeasts.
year 101-300, some cities and connected towns, generally much fewer megabeasts
year 301-on, civilizations are fully formed and megabeasts are all but extinct.

thats the basic rundown, though it always varies. 

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 12:35:33 pm »

If you want megabeasts then yeah. Dragons and other quest creatures get killed off alarmingly fast during worldgen so waiting for the game to stop gen for you generally means that there's gonna be little to no megabeasts left.

year 1-100 (ish) tons of little, unconnected towns and many megabeasts.
year 101-300, some cities and connected towns, generally much fewer megabeasts
year 301-on, civilizations are fully formed and megabeasts are all but extinct.

thats the basic rundown, though it always varies. 

well there should at least be some kind of epic goblin vs human atk in  city
Story of my life.