Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something Wrong*with Civforge moods?  (Read 1141 times)

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Something Wrong*with Civforge moods?
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:39:35 am »

So far using Civ forge mod, i have had 4 strange moods, all of them possessed (though i believe this has something to do with me murdering 75% of immigrants, and my military dying en masse) and 3 of the 4 strange moods i have had have been armorsmiths.  Of the last two, each one took the same initial materials (one Void crystal bar) and requested "additional bars" one had a preference for lead, the other no metal preference. Now i currently have Gold, Zinc,Tin, Silver, Bronze, electrum and of course Iron bars. I find it hard to believe i do not have the metal that these same possessions have. I find it odd that my last two are armorsmiths, both being possessed,  taking Void crystal and requesting more bars that i dont have....Is there a bug or something? I have lost two awesome metalsmiths because of this (and this metalsmith is also an awesome weaponsmith too) Help! i dont want to lose anymore metalsmiths!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:00:34 am by alphawolf29 »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Something Wrong*with Civforge moods?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:45:57 am »

Armoursmiths seem to request specific metals, im not sure whether it depends on their tastes or not, I only had 1 of them so far :P

Anyhow, I used civ mod and it didnt do anything weird for me, though one particular fort did have an extrordinary amouth of possesions, its probably just coincidence.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:32:22 pm »

Maybe, but i think possessions have something to do with the amount of death, so far my fort is only at 29 dwarfs, i have over 30 coffins filled with dwarf corpses, and around 120 ambushers killed (I killed off EVERY caravan that came to my fort.....My military is in constant combat...further adding to my dwarven bodycount)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10:18 pm »

No, Civ Forge doesn't specifically change anything for Strange Moods. I've gotten forts with mostly possesions, ones with mostly fey moods, a mix, whatever. Seems to be pretty random.

However, the number of new materials added does make it more likely that you'll end up with dwarves who want stuff you don't have. The only way to really deal with this is to import a little bit of EVERYTHING so you have stuff on hand. The various special metals are the hardest, of course, since it may be literally impossible for you to get them.

I make sure that my main smith is one of my starting dwarves so that I can select ones with metal preferences that I know I can get from my home civ. But even that doesn't always help. *shrug*
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One