Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchant Lag  (Read 428 times)

Arathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merchant Lag
« on: July 12, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »

So, I went through about 10 different worlds looking for the perfect location. After finally finding it and setting up a trader arrives...the thing is he's brought literally over a thousand animals with him. (I got bored of scrolling but it was definitely over 1k) Now my framerate which has never troubled me before has dropped to a measly 1 fps. Is there anything I can do to rid myself of this damned trader and his animal horde?
"Rehh I don't like your 'SCIENCE'" -As I 'test' 'shock shoes'

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchant Lag
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:43:20 pm »

Well, there are two choices depending on whether you want the corpses to fill the list of dead or not.

1. If you don't want to have a thousand corpses littering your unit list, you will have to let the guy leave and not order so many next time.

2. If you don't care whether your list of dead is littered... MAGMA!

Arathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 08:58:56 pm »

I didn't order any! This is the first trader of the game. Plus he's perched at the very top of a mountain and I haven't found the magma pipe yet...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 09:00:48 pm »

huh? Sounds like it might be a bug or some sort of glitch.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 09:14:44 pm »

Mod the creatures into exploding, watch your world explode. Funfun... assuming you dont just crash. Which you might.

But yeah, that does sound like some glitch. Merchants shouldnt be able to carry that much, especialy on their first visit. Are you using any mods or utilities?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:55 pm »

Last time I heard of something resembling this happening, it occurred because the individual modded the game to give himself a literal ton of adamantine, and thus massive fortress wealth.

Arathel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:34:39 pm »

Only mods I have on are a graphic pack and Dig Deeper.