Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 3 - The Children of the Damned  (Read 13621 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 1 - The Branding
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »

*skal's Dragon leather journal*

so it seems that the baroness brat has sent more graves to us pah i doubt these lot will last a season. pah no combat skills what were they thinking. i better keep an eye on urist though he's starting to creep even me out!. woods as valuble to me as adamantine is to the brat in charge. sigh i guess i'm going to be carving yet again more coffins. well seing as theres a major shortage of wood i'm considering taking up stonecrafting so the fort has something to trade with the humans if they dare come.

p.s i must beat the commander to the liason so i can get my depraved hands on the hoards of wood they've been rumoured to trade.

p.s.s urist is talking to the dead. my words has he been possesed !? if so i dont want a dwarf of his particular background going beserk and using dwarven axe-fu on my precios workshops.

p.s.s.s i must remember to punch a random elf into the magma pit while shouting WE ARE THE DAMMED!!!

p.s.s. of fakkin forget it! i'm in a mood now so urist better watch out or my sword is gona find a place on his lowerbody like the fabled uristmclovehammer from my child hood memories

end entry
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:58 pm »

Jim: All righty.

The dull routine of the outpost was broken during a wintery afternoon. Lokum was alerted outside by the sounds of alarm. As he reached the entrance he saw one of the new guys grappling a kobold.

He dashed towards them, but slowed to a walk as the new guy smashed the kobold to a ground.
I'll need to keep an eye on this one.

His musing were interrupted by a second kobold, who tried to ambush him. He yelped in surprise, but managed to deflect the kobolds swing. Suddenly, Nil was over the kobold, grabbed him and tore him apart with his bare hands. Nil smirked at Lokum.
"I thought you could use a hand", he said and waved the kobold's detached hand.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:57:58 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2009, 02:56:36 pm »

*Urist's Dwarf Leather Journal*

The kobolds have come, they know. Oh yes. They want Bomrek. Oh yes. They want to take him from me. But they cant have him! Oh no. Not them, with their filthy little paws.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2009, 03:26:05 pm »

Dare I ask where you got a dwarf leather journal?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2009, 03:27:15 pm »

Dare I ask where you got a dwarf leather journal?

i think he went maquebur in his last fort :s
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »

Well there's the unsolved murder case of the skinless little baby dwarf...

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2009, 03:29:36 pm »

For my room I want two obsidian coffers, masterwork or as close as possible.  No decorations.  Also, if it cool and not too late I only want his room smoothed, not engraved.

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2009, 03:49:39 pm »

Ignem has no demands. He, unlike the others, is not a stinkin' noble. He'll sleep on the floor if necessary, the only beauty worth having is magma.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2009, 03:52:07 pm »

Ignem has no demands. He, unlike the others, is not a stinkin' noble. He'll sleep on the floor if necessary, the only beauty worth having is magma.

i say throw him in the enterance moat and lets see if he can swim

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2009, 03:55:24 pm »

Nil, that's cool. I kinda wanted their rooms as blinged as possible to prevent massive tantrums that will inevitably follow from our conflict with orcs.

It was spring. Spirits were high, as the prisoners were elated to have survived a year.

The new guys had been sparring for some time under Lokum's watchful eye, and some had even become somewhat passable at wrestling. Lokum didn't feel comfortable with giving them weapons quite yet, partly because he didn't trust them not to rebel, but mostly because he didn't trust them to hold them right way up.

The training sessions were only interrupted when Ahurb stumbled upon a kobold spy sneaking outside the barracks.

The sparring session was interrupted, and the dwarves rushed out eagerly to kill the intruder.
Lokum smiled faintly as the dwarves mobbed the creature to death.
Looks like they're finally working together on something.
Suddenly Lokum heard the lookout's shrill cry:

End of Chapter 1

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2009, 04:01:10 pm »

*skal's dragon leather log*

orcs orcs ORCS there fukin here to finish us off i kew i cunt trust the chuffin baroness raaawwwwrrr i wana rip em to itty bitty peices but i know better. i know lets send urist where he can doodle all over them while i map out a blueprint for the magma cannon/spewer thingie incase of emergency.... yess thats it!!!  ;D

end entry

(skal is babbling to himself about magma orcs and boatmurdered)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 2 - The Baptism of Fire
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:06 pm »

Chapter 2 - The Baptism of Fire

"OPEN THE GATES! HOLD STEADY!" Lokum screamed. The dwarves were clustered as an irregular line at the inner gate, waiting for the assault to come. Lokum surveyed his forces. Most of the new ones looked afraid. Which is good, fear will keep them alive. If they hold the line. He wished he had had more time to train them, but you go to war with the army you have, not the army you wish you had. At least their equipment looked sturdy. He thanked the gods for Led's skill with the forge. Every dwarf had a weapon and shield made of blackmetal. He hoped that would be enough to stop the orcs. He could hear them now.

"HOLD!", he bellowed as the orcs charged. The dwarves pushed their shields together as the orcs hit the line and chaos broke out.
"STAND THE LINE!" he cried, but was drowned out by the clashing of metal. The pressure of the orcish charge was pushing the inexperienced dwarves back, breaking the formation. Lokum watched as one of the recruits was struck in the head and fell to the dry moat. Desperate now, he searched his surroundings for a reliable fighter, and found one.
"SKAL! To me!", he shouted and pushed to the front. Skal followed him.
They arrived to the front just in time to watch one of the spear orcs impale a cowering recruit. Skal roared and jumped the orc, severing it's head with a single stroke. Together they charged the surprised orcs, cutting them left and right. Soon, more dwarves joined the charge, and the orcs were overrun.

As the remaining few orcs turned tail and ran, Lokum halted the charge.
No point in following them, there will be more. He turned to face his troops.
"I salute you, warriors. Today you have joined the Death-Guard. Ignem, see to the wounded."

As he was walking away, he saw Nil patting a dwarf on the shoulder. The dwarf was thowing up and shakin.
"You should'a seen seen the lad, commander. He cut that orc clean in half!"
"What's your name, lad?"
"Litast, sir."
"You did good. Real good."
"They killed my friend, sir."
"We're all dead here, kid. He just... went home."
Litast began to chuckle weakly. "Yeah, home."

"Ey boss-man!" Ignem shouted. "Tha' one is still alive!"
Lokum looked where Ignem was pointing; the moat.
"Egads, get him out of there, man!"
The dwarf was lying unconscious at the bottom of the moat, a gaping wound on his head. They could see him breathing, but Lokum wondered how long he would last.

Record of the battle: Here
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:09:19 am by nahkh »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2009, 05:33:32 pm »

*skal's dragon leather journal*

hmmpfff is that all the fabled orcish terror have to offer pah a dwarf baby is more of a threat than them. unfortunatly we lost a recruit and shall be the 1st of many casualties to come. ach i've had my fill of slaughter for now which means i can get the magma cannon blueprints i have been designing in secret in the back of this journal. I might need to make a mini trap lock in case urist tries to get into my room.

end entry

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2009, 05:59:32 pm »

Feedback tiem.
Opinions welcome.

The stories are mostly written from Lokum's perspective because it's easier for me. Would you prefer more variance in perspective? Or is the current line fine?

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2009, 06:01:06 pm »

Feedback tiem.
Opinions welcome.

The stories are mostly written from Lokum's perspective because it's easier for me. Would you prefer more variance in perspective? Or is the current line fine?

well at the moment its perfectly fine with me  :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12