Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 3 - The Children of the Damned  (Read 13626 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 1 - The Branding
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 09:52:50 am »

*skal's dragon leather journal*

dammit no more wood gah! now i've been told to do some masonry! i dont even know how to even DO! masonry! if i dont get some wood to butcher soon those elves are going to be so sorry for coming here. THATS IT!!! i have a plan but the others might not agree. hmmm when the elves come i shall wall them in with a stone wall until they die! yes that means glorieous fresh meat (spattering of drool here). at least i finally get a door to my room. well i could lock urist in with them or i could try my luck at mechanics and hook a magma pump to annihilate those sons of a mud. the possibilities.......(skal has entered madness for now) i need urist!  8)

end entry
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 09:56:44 am »

*Leds regular journal*
 idoit ingem has breached the magma pit.Damn near choked him.

*Leds black rat leather journal*
  *anbody that touchs this gets his arms cut off.*
    *leds story journal
I managed to get out of nilrazes by pulling the grate off with my beard and i swam though.

I went to  small village and drank my share, then left.I stole a ship from a human city and sailed to a new continent. Treid to kill the king here by using a bunch of elite warriors called the Blackcoats. We manage to kill the Royal gaurd but the army came when i was about to slit the kings throat and pulled me off.The rest is history.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

skrymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:33 am »

*Skrymir's journal, slate and canvas*

Its nice to be back to the solitude of the stone. Carved out a nice vein of blackmetal so we can make use of the magma that pyromaniac let loose in the tunnels. I wonder which of them is going to go elf-loving  nuts first. I should see if I can carve myself out a quiet place when I get the chance. I'd bet my beard they'll be sending more of the condemned out way when they figure out that we're not dead yet. This place is a graveyard and trash pit all in one.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 10:28:35 am »

* skal's dragon leather journal*

i hope they dont expect me to churn each any every piece of stone into crafts and furniture. if it was up to me i'd dig out a magma masher and dump all the stone and random crap into it to be melted.

end entry

[ooc: nahkh this sounds obvios but may i request that you make a magma dump for the fps crushing amount of stone that the miner will leave when they reach legendary]
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »

Skaltum: I already have such a thing. And I won't be doing so much digging that it'll matter.

How would you like your rooms decorated? I'll have each dwarf engrave their rooms, but what furniture do you want?

It was Led who first had the idea. One morning the others noticed a crude carving outside Led's door. It said simply "Led's Kilz: Un fire Imp". Shortly after most doors had a similar carving. After some debating they carved one on Lokum's door as well. He said nothing when he saw it.
Lokum was rather glad they had ore to smelt. Whenever Ignem wasn't working the furnace he spent hours sitting next to the magma pit, staring at it. It was creeping Lokum out to no end. Recently he'd been talking to himself, too. Something about burning all the elf merchants. Lokum wondered if he'd dare to tell him that there were no elves for at least five hundred miles in any direction, and most certainly wouldn't be coming here.
Skal had begun complaining that he was no mason, and wanted some wood to "butcher". Lokum had to take some time to convince him that they had no wood to spare, and that no-one else was a mason either.
"We all must do our part, you understand?"
He'd told Led to get working on some equipment, staring with shields. Despite the dwarves' weapons skills Lokum was the only one who could use a shield, or move in heavy armor. They'd need some heavy drilling before he'd let them enter a real fight. Until then they'd bunker down, or such was the plan. Lokum's musings were interrupted by Urist, suddenly appeared at the doorway.
Urist had a secret. He knew everyone hated him, but he didn't care. He had a friend, a secret friend. He kept him in his room, hidden away from the others. Especially that suspicious Lokum. Urist hated him, always telling him what to do. But when his friend told him what to do it was okay. He liked his secret friend. Now it had told him to go outside and bring the strange dwarf to meet Lokum. Urist was surprised to hear that, since they'd had no visitors at all. Surely there was no-one outside? But to his surprise, there was! And an important looking dwarf he was too! That Bomrek sure was a smart guy.

Lokum was surprised to see the dwarf behind Urist, even more so when he saw the symbols of the death god in his robes.
"Ah, hello, you must be commander Lokum. I am inspector Webbedlance. I trust you've been well?" he asked, extending a hand.
Lokum looked at the dwarf coldly, and made no move to grasp his hand.
"Why are you here, mister Webbedlance?" he asked, in a level tone.
"Ah, straight to the point. Fine with me", he said, pulling back his hand. "I am here to inspect your ranks. Had any deaths this year?"
"Just Bomrek."
"Ah, we already know about him. He didn't die on Hellchains grounds, so his contract is void."
Lokum's gaze didn't flicker.
"I'll need to inspect your troops."
"Fine."
The inspector had everyone line up in the dining hall, and verified that all the convicts were still accounted for. He made the mistake of trying to talk to Ignem and Urist, before hastily backing away. He abruptly ended the inspection, and called Lokum up.
"As you well know, all deaths in the fortress must be properly recorded. For that purpose I brought this", he said, pulling a black leatherbound tome from his pack. "Be sure to write down the name of everyone who's died, for that we may properly record their deaths back in the mountainhomes. The instructions are inside." He hesitated for a moment. "You do read, don't you?" Apparently he had seen the carvings.
"Yes."
"Ah, good, good. If you have nothing further, I'll be on my way. These mountains creep me out. Oh, and I should notify you, there's a prison train underway. Just so you know."
"That will be fine." Good riddance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:30:59 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 01:32:10 pm »

For furnishing I'd like:

1 cabinet
1 coffer
1 armour stand
1 weapon stand
1 lever

Preffereably made from adamantium of course but I'll settle for platinum. If none of those are avaible then the most valuable material you have.

Also, my secret friend sounds like a awesome guy. We gonna have ghosts then or is it just my deranged imagination?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:42:10 pm by Demonic Spoon »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »

2 metal cabinets

1 rock coffer

1 statue

and one item that my dwarf likes

edit: also an item decorated with elf bone  ;D

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »

Well I'd assume it would be taken for granted that everything should preferably be decorated with elf bone, and could I maybe see my character's thoughts and likes etc?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 01:39:26 pm »

2 rock cabinet
a coffer encrusted with a gem type
 a weapon rack and a armor stand
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:44:16 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 01:40:15 pm »

You already have a bed

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2009, 02:08:00 pm »

Stop acting like bloody nobles. I'll try to get you guys that, but I just had a new batch of migrants who will keep me busy.
Also, Urist's friend is a severed head.
I'll look into posting your likes/dislikes in.

And so it was that more prisoners arrived to Hellchains. The older residents had climbed aways up the hill to watch the arrival.

"Fark, just look at em", Led said.
"I know. Don't look like much of fighters", Lokum replied.

Soon the new arrivals had been lined up for inspection by Lokum. The other residents were watching nearby. There were nine in all. Their expressions ranged from fear to confusion to indifference. Lokum walked up and down the line a few times before he stopped and spoke.
"Well ain't this dandy. New guys. Welcome to your new home. Tell me, what is your trade?"
"Miller, sir."
"Oh, a miller? Fine, fine. And you?"
"Brewer."
"A brewer? That's nice. What about you?"
"Fisherdwarf, boss."
"A fisherdwarf? Oh really? Done plenty of fishing have you? Yes of course you have. Would you like to keep fishing here in our little outpost?"
"Uhh, yes?" the hapless dwarf ventured.
"What about the rest of you? Would you like to keep your old jobs?"
There was some general nodding and a few yeahs. Lokum smiled and nodded, and then kicked the fisherdwarf in the stomach. He doubled over.
"THE FARKIN HELL YOU WILL NOT. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IS? A FARKIN PICNIC?" he bellowed. "You are all worse than farkin maggots. You sorry lot have never even held a weapon, have you? HAVE YOU?"
There was some sheepish shaking of heads.
"I thoughts so. You will learn. You will learn to be warriors. And if you don't, by the gods I will kill you myself. Farkin fisherdwarf," Lokum spat as he turned to the fort. The other inmates directed the newcomers in, half carrying half dragging the fisherdwarf.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2009, 02:11:34 pm »

This is interesting, so far, though the fortress full of criminals thing is getting kind of old. Either way, I'll take a dwarf.

Name: Ahurb
Profession: Whaler
In-game Profession: Fisherdwarf
Weapon Skill: Spear
Crimes: 13 counts Involuntary Manslaughter involving a whale he caught rising up as a zombie in the middle of the refuse pile, 17 counts Vandalism as zombie whale smashed his way through the dining room, 405 counts Theft as the zombie whale smashed open the treasury, swallowed the contents, and vomited them out within Diowrong's room, 1 count Desecration as the zombie whale smashed and was eventually killed within in a temple, and 1 count Violation of Export Restriction as an unattended piece of whale blubber floated out to sea.
Sentence: 75 Hammerstrikes.

Description: Ahurb is a former whaler who had a streak of bad luck. His largest catch, a legendary blue whale by the name of Brightnesseyes the Auspice of Oceans, was reanimated by the necromantic forces of the haunted beach that made home to the fortress of Terrorseas. While not explicitly his fault, the people at Terrorseas demanded retribution for the Zombie Blue Whale Incident of 319.

I was writing this up before you posted that. It seems appropriate that I requested an abused fisherdwarf, and then one arrives at your fortress, and then you abuse him. It's a sign!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »

JIm: Added Ahurb. The fortress full of criminals -tone will soon give way to desperate fighting for survival -tone.

Also, Dig Deeper has tridents as a weapon, if you want it in stead of a spear?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:24:47 pm by nahkh »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2009, 02:32:06 pm »

*Urist's Dwarf Leather Journal*

Some more idiots arrived today and dimwitted as they are they were taken in by Lokums deceptively mild nature. Only I and Bomrek see past the mask and into his true indentity. Lokum the Archtraitor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 02:34:26 pm »

Also, Dig Deeper has tridents as a weapon, if you want it in stead of a spear?

Oh, goody, yes. By all means, yes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12