Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 3 - The Children of the Damned  (Read 13616 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile

*skal's dragon leather journal*

well i guess i'm lucky for being sent to this craphole ach at least i'll probably die by skeletal carp or sumsort ........ maybe i'll get a tomb that those good for nothing stuck up nobles had back in breakfastbutter

anyways the ruler has given me mercy and sent me here so this time i get to be one of the founders of this new fort which means moar trees to shred if any are present or i could just shred the logs into some useful stuff.. i'm worried about urist, he seems wierd and unpredictable it was only moments ago that i saw him flicking through someones journal it was leds i think but he was tucked away in a corner "doing something" with his hands. i care not to think about it for now.

end entry

the back story
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile

McNameless has evolved into Skal!

I seem to notice a trend here: Everyone hates nobles for something or other.

well yeah the only useful noble is the dungeon master but the cool ones are the captain of the guard and the philosipher who dont make stupid mandates for nickel silver and the like
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

who wouldnt?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

We just had our first fight. I'll start keeping a duty roster for kills 'n stuff.

The dwarves were toiling inside the entrance corridor when they heard Led yell:
"Hey guys! Imps!"
They quickly mobilized and ran out to face this newest threat. Two imps were indeed skittering about near the volcano, uncomfortably close to the outpost. Lokum ordered the charge, but it was a pointless gesture. Everyone was already going. The first to reach the imps were Urist and Skrymrir, who made short work of the two imps, despite being a little scorched.

Led looked disappointed and angry until Lokum pointed across the volcano to a lonely imp. Led immediately picked up his axe and charged. Lokum took the other way around the volcano.
Led jumped the imp with a wild scream and hit it in a wide arc, lifting it off it's feet.

Led was howling in satisfaction when Lokum rushed to his side and struck down the imp that was creeping up to him. Lokum then turned to return to the outpost.
Led stared at the dead imp for a while, then said:
"Hey, thanks." to Lokum's back. Lokum raised a hand in response.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

((you know you can process fire imp at a bucther shop. It could kill someone but... you get leather and bones))

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Hellchains (Community fortress) - Chapter 1 - The Branding
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 06:11:53 pm »

Added a duty roster to the first page. I directed to an underground tank, hopefully it'll keep.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 06:13:55 pm »

hey nahkh from your first pics this looks like a 2d fort with the straight cliffface but the ramps jst made my point invalide so just errmmm.... just.... .......... IT WAS URISTS FAULT!!!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 06:16:57 pm »

ITS ALWAYS URIST'S FAULT!

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 06:20:24 pm »

All according to plan.

Lokum was working furiously, carving some living quarters in the cold stone when Nil tapped him on the shoulder.
"What is it?"
"Trouble. Come outside."
Moments later they were standing outside, looking up to the mountainside. Nil pointed up the cliff.
"Do you see it?" he asked.
For a moment Lokum didn't, but suddenly spotted slight movement far above.
"Yeah I see it. What is it?"
"Gargoyles, commander."
Shit.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 06:22:44 pm »

ITS ALWAYS URIST'S FAULT!

well every fort has an urist that ruins everything (except the legendary boatmurdered which was [cant rember dwarf name] kept engraving dwarves killed by elephants everywhere with masterworks of that art in the dinning room and the dutch's quaters  ::)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 06:27:21 pm »

So, I gotta hit the hay in a minute, it's 2 am and I have work tomorrow. Yay for dwarven work ethic.
Hm. Interesting coincidences with the characters. Lokum worships the god of victory, and Led's last name is "Violencecrypt". Also, we have two dwarves who worship the god of mountains and volcanoes, and a third who worships the god of fire (among other things), but none of those three is Ignem. No no, Ignem worships the god of mist.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

McNameless has evolved into Skal!

Yeah you totally need a Vlad the Impaler type for balance... although given the standards DF nobles already set its hard to imagine what one would have to do to warrant a death sentence.

WOO BACKSTORY:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 01:09:16 am »

*Urist's dwarf leather journal*

I killed something today, awesome! The others are blaming me for everything, the fools! Only I know this is all Lokum's fault! I can see him standing there in the shadows, laughing at the weak minded fools! But I see through his tricks oh yes, I see through his tricks...

I'm also going to suggest to Lokum that we floor over the magma pipe so we can start a lucrative fire snake industry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:29:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:20 am »

Also, we have two dwarves who worship the god of mountains and volcanoes, and a third who worships the god of fire (among other things), but none of those three is Ignem. No no, Ignem worships the god of mist.

Aww shucks!

Also, great story so far, since I'm in europe my times might be different, but I'll gladly write up some background story for Ignem. I guess I'll have to explain the whole god of mist part somehow. *thinking-cap on*

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 02:31:42 am »

I guess I'll have to explain the whole god of mist part somehow. *thinking-cap on*

That or completely ignore it.

Demonic Spoon:
I'd be disappointed if the dwarves weren't plotting my inevitable doom by now.

Everyone:
Thanks for your comments, will continue the story once I get back from work.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12