Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Hellchains (Story/Community) - Chapter 3 - The Children of the Damned  (Read 13602 times)

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

This is the record of Hellchains, a punitive military colony at the edge of terrifying mountains.

Chapter index:

The Branding p.1-6
The Baptism of Fire p.6-10
The Children of the Damned p.10-

It is also a community fortress in need of fresh dwarves. You want dwarf?
Post name, weapon and crimes. You get dwarf.
We have plenty of unclaimed FNGs. Some even have kills.

I'll be using Dig Deeper on this fort.
That means orcs and horrible, horrible monsters,
as well as nice new metals and weapons.

Duty roster:

Commander Lokum
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Led Warleach
Skrymir
Ignem
Nil
Urist the Insane
Skal
Ahurb

Litast Wirefeet [UNCLAIMED]

Lolor Rimaged [UNCLAIMED]

Mebzuth Dyethroats [UNCLAIMED]

Cog Plankpresent [UNCLAIMED]

Erush Handleriddles [UNCLAIMED]
6 LOTS OF other unclaimed FNGs (with no kills).

Total ranking

JOIN NOW
I promise battle, blood and honored burial.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:02:34 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Hellchains (Community fortress) - Chapter 1 - The Branding
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:02 am »

Led Warleach
Crimanal record: Prison escape(nilazes), disrespecting of contentail borders,impersonating a member of the clergy, 30 counts of murder,2 counts of treason,3 counts of arson, drinking all the expensive king's rum,stealing a ship of the{INSERT OCEANGOING HUMAN NATION  HERE}, selling of forbiden items,disrespecting a mandate for gold armor, and attempted assaintoin of the king.
Weapon:Axe
Skills:proficent armorsmith and proficent weaponsmith.(if acceptable)

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

skrymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:25:09 am »

Skrymir

Criminal record: Ignoring black bronze mandate, multiple counts of murder and destruction of property after collapsing a trade depot along with the mayor, hammerer, and human merchants into a deep dark hole after being punished over the above mandate.

Weapon: Pick or Hammer

Skills: Mining (whatever level you feel is appropriate)

(figure I've lurked enough, time to give one of these a shot:P )

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:37:30 am »

Added to the roster. I'll give everyone a minimum of three points to weapon skills as well as whatever you want for professions.

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 11:45:57 am »

I'd love to be in it, sounds like fun! I don't think my name "slemsvamp" is all that dwarfy. I hope to get it changed if I can get a hold of a mod/admin.

Name: Ignem
Criminal Record: Grand arson on several accounts; a nobleman's stable, a nobleman's outhouse, a diplomat's villa and several acres of crops destined for the still - depriving the kingdom from much needed alcohol. Drunken disorder; destruction of royal/government property, seven accounts of brutal assaults on multiple nobles and mistreatment of animals (cow-tipping).
Weapon: Wrestler Mace
Skills: Wrestling, Maceman, Furnace Operating, (Mining - if you lack people with this skill it could work on him) *points spent in any way, doesn't matter*

Bio:
Ignem is a dwarf crazy for fire, he loves hot temperature and hot tempraments. Which is why he also dislikes nobles with their constant yammering about the heat and their constant circling around the subject. He hates them down to their bones, silly posh-tots and their coins and trinkets. He is direct and speaks a lot with his fists mace, tempremental and in love with his beloved alcohol. He enjoys working at a hot furnace, a magmasmelter is even better. Death by magma would be the proper way for him to go, if he had to choose, but fighting along side strong and direct dwarves like himself is also a true dwarven way to live and/or die.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:03:59 pm by slemsvamp »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 11:54:21 am »

Added. Ignem is fine. I'll equip him with an actual weapon later, wrestling isn't going to cut it where we're going.

Good, our most critical skill needs have been met. I wouldn't say no to someone who knew farming though.

Commander Lokum watched as the chained dwarves were being lead to the courtyard. He was too far to hear, but he knew they were being read the details of the contract. He watched as the priest approached, followed by servants carrying a brazier. He didn't need to see the death god's symbols to know why the priest was there. He knew he'd be joining the chained dwarves shortly.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:09:51 pm by nahkh »

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 12:02:35 pm »

Well, I was going to say mace, but then I thought, naah he likes to brutalize with his bare fists. If there should be a weapon in his hands, I'd love a mace - smashing things around the map is as dwarven as ever, I thought wrestling might have its unique challenge - my champion wrestlers have taken down dragons solo - I might have been swayed by that specific moment. Glad to be in!

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 12:05:25 pm »

nil
criminal record: inciting a riot, seditiousness agitation, impeding production (i.e., striking)
weapon-hammer
skills-food production and competent persuader

bio: nil is a scourge of the aristocracy and terror of the nobility.  Although it was never proven that he had a leadership role in the bloodletting in [insert random fortress name here], which resulted in the violent death of all administrators and nobles over the rank of manager, it is commonly believed he played a pivotal role behind the scenes.  He claims to be motivated by a love of the common dwarf, but what truly drives him is a burning hatred for the upper classes.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:07:59 pm by nil »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 12:13:00 pm »

*Led's rat leather journal*

being sent to a new jail. Supposed to be a miltary site. Atleast ill be able to kill.Not like nilazes.Regret not killling mogror.Regret not burning nilazes to the ground. need  better ink. it hurts to use my blood.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:18:31 pm by filiusenox »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 12:18:23 pm »

((Hey...nil im the terror of the nobilty! or atleast the king.)
Looks like your dude is more of an all around criminal, a swashbuckler, a dwarf who has never seen a law he didn't like to break.  Based on the rest of his history, I see him trying to kill the king for money or a personal grudge.  Mine's more like a dwarven Lenin or Robespierre--he hates all the upper classes and does so (ostensibly at least) for political reasons.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 12:22:57 pm »

nil: Added.

Lokum had seen the records of the convicts. They were an ragged bunch of ruthless cutthroats, the worst sort of criminals. Execution was too good for this kind of scum. Which, I suppose, means this is justice, he reflected. He watched as the procession stopped, and the priest made a quick glance in his direction. It's time, he thought and took to his feet. The stretch of sand in the courtyard felt a thousand miles long.

skrymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*etched into a thin sheet of stone inside a canvas cover*

I thought I'd rather take my chances with the beasts and the dead, but the fool next to me was scribbling in his own blood earlier...Maybe I should have braved the hammer.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile

((Hey...nil im the terror of the nobilty! or atleast the king.)
Looks like your dude is more of an all around criminal, a swashbuckler, a dwarf who has never seen a law he didn't like to break.  Based on the rest of his history, I see him trying to kill the king for money or a personal grudge.  Mine's more like a dwarven Lenin or Robespierre--he hates all the upper classes and does so (ostensibly at least) for political reasons.
Pretty much for revenge reasons.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Might as well keep posting the backstory while people sign up

Lokum observed the dwarves as he approached. He could recognize four of them from the drawings. There was Led Warleach, a notorious mass murder and would-be regicide, Nil the rebel, Ingem Firebeard and Skrymir the Mandate Breaker. The three others were hiding their faces inside their beards.
"Ah. Commander. Please assume your place so that we may begin", said the captain of the gaol.
Lokum gave the captain a blank stare, then walked to join the line of dwarves.
Shortly after the gate opened, and a small procession of dwarves walked into the courtyard. Lokum identified the first dwarf as baroness Weavedlance. Her face was hard as stone, and her otherwise cool behavior was betrayed by the murderous stare she projected at him. The procession spread out to an uneven line, and the baroness stepped forward.
"You have been found guilty of crimes against the kingdom, but by royal decree...', she paused, frowning. "By royal decree you have been given the choice to enter military service, and to be posted at Hellchains until the day of your death. No matter the crime," she finished, glaring at Lokum.
She turned towards the priest and asked:
"Are you ready, honored priest of Mondul?"
"I am, your highness."
She turned back towards the prisoners.
"When I announce your name, take one step forward. Do you understand?" Some general nods and ayes followed.
"Good. Led Warleach. You have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to seventy-two strikes of the hammer. Do you consent to being marked for death?"
"Aye", Led replied.
The priest stepped forth, holding a white-hot branding iron. He grabbed Led's right hand and pressed the iron against he back of his hand.
"Skrymir", said the baroness as Led returned to the line, gripping his branded hand. "You have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to sixty-five strikes of the hammer. Do you consent to being marked for death?"
"Ye", Skrymir said, holding out his hand. The process was repeated.
"Ignem, you have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to fifty-one strikes of the hammer. Do you consent to being marked for death?
"Hrmph. Yes", Ignem snorted, holding out his soot-stained arm.
"Bomrek Redswitches, you have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to fifty-five strikes of the hammer. Do you -"
"Yes yes, get on with it", said Bomrek, exposing his wrist.
"Hmph. Nil. You have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to seventy-five strikes of the hammer. Do you consent to receiving the mark of Mondul?"
"Yes", said Nil.

Finally it was Lokum's turn. He stepped forth before his name was called, causing the guards to reach for their weapons. The baroness raised her hand to stop them.

"Commander Lokum. You have been -"
"Nesteth, I-"
"SILENCE! You have been found guilty of your crimes and sentenced to one hundred strikes of the hammer. Do you consent to being marked for death?"
Lokum paused for a moment, before nodding. "I do."
"And be damned", the baroness replied in a low voice, her eyes hard as steel.

After the priest was finished with branding them the baroness spoke up again.
"Know that today marked the end of your life. From now on your lives belong only to the god of death, Mondul. If you are ever found outside the boundaries of Hellchains, you will be executed immediately and all agreements of honorable burial will be revoked. Guards, take them to the carriages."
The baroness turned sharply and walked back the way she had come, without even a glance back.

If you post in what exact words your dwarf would use, I'll add them to the story.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:56:21 pm by nahkh »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Well it seems there's still a spot open so I'll take a dwarf.

Name: Urist

Crimes: Destruction of a entire fortress; Ignoring 103 mandates; Stealing the royal Hammerer's hammer; Attempted poisoning of the king; Disorderly conduct; Castrated several dukes.

Preffered weapon: Hammer

Preffered profession: Planter

Bio: Classified
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 03:24:37 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12