Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Boredom is Attacking!  (Read 2644 times)

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Boredom is Attacking!
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:44:07 am »

Alright as topic says boredom is attacking, i need ideas to help keep interest in my current fort!

Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Boredom is Attacking!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:53:04 am »

Breach HFS then use Dwarf Companion to make the residents playable

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54:27 am »

1: Df companion doesn't work with my version

2: Im in a forest away from mountains
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:09:13 am »

Embark on a mass deforestation campaign, make masterwork ballistas, train legendary siege operators, and trade wooden stuff to the elves. Then when they siege, get  rid of all the entrance traps and play target practise with your ballistas. See if you can take them all out before they get inside.
Alternatively, if you have magma, make an End Of The World lever, get your dwarves inside, seal the entrance, and pull the lever, Preferably while there's an elven caravan on the map somewhere.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:16:07 am »

1: not starting a new fort
2: playing hummies so no screw pumps or bauxite imports
— Commander Fleyitch

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:25:01 am »

If you're good enough with the ballistas, you won't need to start a new fort.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:28:54 am »

i've begun planning to kill the elves when they arrive, any other suggestions?
— Commander Fleyitch

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 06:41:44 am »

Make a big arena where you pit your dwarf/elf/goblin/kobold enemies and then watch the four-way brawl that ensues.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 06:46:46 am »

Look, just kill everything in interesting and brutal ways. I'm sure you can do it.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:59 am »

hehe, already got an areana, once i get more gobbos ill post a vid of the gobbo vs zombie action
— Commander Fleyitch

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 06:52:36 am »

gob/zombie/human/elf/dwarf arena combat! Leave mauls and swords scattered around and have loads of pressure plates linked to cages and bridges that open and close so the entire arena is a constantly shifting battefield, where luck is almost as important as strength!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 06:58:18 am »

i could do all of those except dwarf, i don't get a dwarf trade and it'll probably take me a couple years to gather enough orcs, gobbos and zombie cougers to fight
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:01:14 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 07:11:51 am »

you have orcs as well? you could make the single greatest pit fight ever witnessed by human eyes!

You should make a new fortress with the sole intention of making the biggest pit fight ever. Throw EVERYONE into a cage of their own species to stop premature fights, and then when there's only one left deactivate your entire military, lock your dwarves in and watch the slaughter of 200 odd dwarves by a rampaging slave. go spartacus!

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 07:15:28 am »

not going to make a new fort just for an arena, but i could expand the current one. when the orcs attack again (they've only attacked once), expect a gigantic fight between Glacialsteels greatest champions (theres only 3), an orc horde, and tons of goblins
— Commander Fleyitch

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 11:44:49 am »

Create a maze of floodgates, with pressure plates scattered throughout the maze, and when pressed, alters the pathing of the maze and confuses your opponents.
Pages: [1] 2