Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beasts  (Read 541 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beasts
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:01:21 am »

So megabeasts are Titans, Bronze Colossi, Dragons, and that other thing.
What are semimegabeasts?

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Beasts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:06:02 am »

semi-megabeasts are mintoaurs, ettines, cyclopses... thats all i can remember but theres one more

basically Mini-megabeasts.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:16:08 am by kalida99 »
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:27:33 am »

So how does one get a mega beast?  Does there have to be a certain evil level or something?  Cause I'm sitting tight in my current fort with some 140 dwarves and nothing yet.  Not even a stinking siege.

I did have an imp set fire to half the map though, so that was pretty cool, but he died in one arrow :(
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 04:33:05 am »

semi-megabeasts are mintoaurs, ettines, cyclopses... thats all i can remember but theres one more

basically Mini-megabeasts.
Giant was the one you forgot :)

So how does one get a mega beast?  Does there have to be a certain evil level or something?  Cause I'm sitting tight in my current fort with some 140 dwarves and nothing yet.  Not even a stinking siege.
Sounds like your dwarves are in an area that other groups can't reach. Are you only getting dwarf caravans? Have you had elves or humans coming to trade? Goblin babysnatchers or ambushes? Kobold thieves?
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:40:11 am »

Thanks Pushy

as for getting megabeasts, you might want to make sure they're not all dead, i've never been attacked by a megabeast, so i'm not much of a help its reliant on exported and importes wealth i think...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 05:08:38 am »

Megabeasts turn up at random once a certain level has been reached.  I think its to do with exported wealth+population (like goblin seiges)  but to be honest im not sure. 

Basically they are the same as a seige except only one creature turns up.  You get a message saying "the dragon (or whatever) ........  has arrived.    Then it either sits in the corner of the map laying the smack down on random creatures that walk past or dashes straight at your entrance and is caught in the first cage trap.

If you have 140 dwarves and you have been trading normally and its past year 4 then you will usually be seeing seiges,  I usually seem to see megabeasts by about yr 8 but as I say they are random.

If by 140 dwarves you arent seeing snatchers then you wont see any seigers and its probably time to start on the giant golden pyramid you have always wanted to build.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.