Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modding Raws to make crystal glass reactions possible.  (Read 2993 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Modding Raws to make crystal glass reactions possible.
« on: July 11, 2009, 05:46:43 pm »

Hi, I usually don't mod but I am so sick of trying to get crystal glass that I am willing to (and genning the new world).

I would like to know the reaction mod in the raws to make rock crystals from nothing or to make raw crystal glass from nothing.

I've run over 20 forts and I've never seek rock crystal. I haven't been able to trade for it either.

Any help you could give me would be welcome, thank you very much :).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Raws to make crystal glass reactions possible.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:58:29 pm »

Copy and paste this into your reactions_standard file:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRYSTAL_ROCK_MAKING]
[NAME:make rock crystal]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GEM:CRYSTAL_ROCK]

That should allow you to smelt 2 rock crystals for nothing each time the task is done. You can increase the number by increasing PRODUCT:100:2: to PRODUCT:100:X:, where X is the amount you want per time the task is done.

If it doesn't work I'm sure the other smarter forumgoers here can troubleshoot whatever I've missed. :D

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:15:22 pm »

Actually, I think you should either add a reagent or get rid of the [REAGENT] tag entirely. I would also add a [FUEL] tag after the product to ensure it's not entirely free. You could also make it cost flux or something.

[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GEM:CRYSTAL_ROCK]
[FUEL]
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 09:54:06 pm »

Thank you for your help. Is  there a way I can make crystal glass directly like this? Just curious

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 10:16:29 pm »

Not as far as I remember, all the glass is hardcoded.

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 12:09:05 am »

Glass is hardcoded, but hardcoded materials still have matgloss tokens.

[REACTION:CRYSTAL_BLOCK_MAKING]
[NAME:make crystal glass blocks]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CRYSTAL:NO_MATGLOSS]

This should get you crystal glass blocks for free.

This page has a list of every item token in the game, in case you want to make more than walls with your free glass. You can even make some items that you shouldn't be able to make with glass, such as beds and backpacks. You'll have to change this reaction or make a new reaction for every type of crystal item that you want. Keep in mind that new reactions require you to generate a new world and that smelted items have no quality.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 02:47:55 am »

Cool thanks, would "ROUGH" inserted make Crystal glass gems (much like raw glass) :)

[Sorry if this seems like cheating but this stuff is seemingly impossible to get My nobles keep demanding it though..... Sometimes on sandless maps... ??? All the needless beatings have increased my "Magma delivery" to the nobles section....]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:56:12 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:03 am »

Cool thanks, would "ROUGH" inserted make Crystal glass gems (much like raw glass) :)

[Sorry if this seems like cheating but this stuff is seemingly impossible to get My nobles keep demanding it though..... Sometimes on sandless maps... ??? All the needless beatings have increased my "Magma delivery" to the nobles section....]
the only downside to that is that you don't have an infinite supply of magma!

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 10:15:01 am »

Actually, I think you should either add a reagent or get rid of the [REAGENT] tag entirely.

Really? I had been under the impression due to this quoted post that the reagent tag was needed, did that change?

My DF won't see these if I remove the [REAGENT] part. I don't know why though.
0.28.181.40d9 Linux

'Cos if so . . . I've got some reactions to clean up. :D

This line: [PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GEM:CRYSTAL_ROCK]

tells the game that you want a rough gem via the ROUGH and GEM tags. Since there's also a CRYSTAL_ROCK tag, basically what this will give you is a rough gem of crystal rock.

You could try [PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GEM:CRYSTAL_GLASS] on that line instead, but I'm not sure if that will work or not seeing as how I haven't tested it. It's worth a shot.

Sorry if this seems like cheating but this stuff is seemingly impossible to get My nobles keep demanding it though..... Sometimes on sandless maps...

Honestly, do whatever you want. It's a singleplayer game. None of us are going to look down on you for trying to improve your experience. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:23:13 am by Ohaeri »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:33 am »

You could try [PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GEM:CRYSTAL_GLASS] on that line instead, but I'm not sure if that will work or not seeing as how I haven't tested it. It's worth a shot.
What you are looking for is [PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:CRYSTAL_GLASS:CRYSTAL_GLASS]. I have been using this for a while and I can confirm that it works.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 04:04:12 pm »

Hey again and thanks,

I still seem to be having some trouble with this though. I copied and pasted your strand and can't get it to work:

[PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:CRYSTAL_GLASS:CRYSTAL_GLASS]

Specifically:

[SMELTER]
[REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:CRYSTAL_GLASS:CRYSTAL_GLASS]

I also tried to model this off the example provided in the wiki:
[REACTION:FREE_GEMS1][NAME: make DIAMOND_LY][SMELTER][PRODUCT:100:10:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:DIAMOND_LY]

I also tried to get feather tree instead of oak as in their example. No dice, generic "wood" only....

Here it creates a "rough gem" with a weight of 1 and a value of 3.
I have tried some other mods like this and the game only produces generic items with no specification.

What am I doing wrong?

Please don't quote me.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

Oops! My bad. It should be [PRODUCT:100:2:ROUGH:NO_SUBTYPE:GLASS_CRYSTAL:GLASS_CRYSTAL].
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 04:20:35 pm »

My tests show [REAGENT] is not needed. However, I have had a bug where some reactions are not working/showing up that might be attributed with it. I never got around to finding out what I did wrong. Still, I really don't think [REAGENT] is needed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 05:04:14 pm »

It might be better to, gameplay wise, simply make rock crystal more frequentelly appear on the map. Though it will require a world regen, its not realy cheating, just modding ;)

All you need to do is open 'matgloss_stone_gem.txt' find rock crystal (use ctrl+f) and put in [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] below the other similar tags.

If you want lots of rock crystal, you can replace CLUSTER_SMALL with VEIN. You can even put in both.

I believe DFs rock crystal is just quartz, and thats not realy uncommon, so this addition wouldnt be all that unrealistic.

edit: funny how I allways notice typos right after clicking reply...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:07 pm »

Thank you so much for this. I can finally get the raw crystal glass. Don't think I can make anything out of it without pearlash but o well :)

How do you know what to put where when modding?

Most of the things I've tried end up producing generic items with a 0 value.
How do you define items better?

Please don't quote me.
Pages: [1] 2