Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: D&D3.5 - Empty Bellies  (Read 14218 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: D&D3.5 - Origin Point
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2009, 09:30:11 am »

Oh man. I was looking at Prestige Classes and Duelist was made for bards/rogues. I only need one more skill and I have the requirements for skills.

Bump?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:18 am »

... Don't tell me people forgot about this already?

Yeah, Prestiege classes are awesome. IMO, Archmage is the most powerful. Prismatic Wall as a spell-like ability, anyone?

Continueing on the subject of magic, can I get my familier now? I don't know... maybe a raven?
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2009, 01:28:16 pm »

Eh..

Other than duelist, what do you think is a good prestige class to take for a bard/ranger?

Iituem, can I use the Dashing Swordsman prestige class?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »

I'm waiting for a confirmed action from Kadol, ideally, but unless he says otherwise I shall assume the dwarf follows you for his own inscrutable reasons.  Org, worry about a prestige class if and when Sym makes it to level 5 and can even consider it.  Bear in mind that unless you successfully develop the class from scratch, you will need to find someone to tutor you.

Auchfor:  As you did not select a familiar at the beginning, you will have to bind one yourself.  Fortunately, you successfully recall the basic rite of binding.

Bind Familiar

Requirements
Foci:
  Animal of less than CR 1/3, with no more than 1 base HD;
Local Earth spirit.
Primary Component:  A smooth cylinder of jade, about the size of an apple.
Secondary Components:  Four smooth quartz shafts;
1lb prepared incense.

Procedure:  Bury the four shafts into the ground and rest the jade upon them.  Burn the incense over the jade.  When the smoke begins to spiral anticlockwise, lift the jade from its supports, taking care not to place it on the ground again.  The first suitably weak-minded creature to approach within 5ft of the crystal will serve as the familiar.
Caution:  Do not allow the jade to touch unworked ground or soil, or you will need to begin again.

You think about possible local replacements for the materials, but are unable to think of any relevant ones off the top of your head.  Knowledge (arcana): Fail
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2009, 01:51:40 pm »

"And my axe." Kadol comes walking onto the hill, and examines the tracks.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2009, 02:10:02 pm »

Kadol:  You are no great survivalist, but it looks like those tracks are deep and clear enough that you can follow them north for a while.  You cannot really tell anything else.

Caveat:  The tracks of this creature are by chance very easy to follow.  Normally a character would need to be trained to Track (the feat) to follow prey over long distances.

Taking your general agreement into account, the four of you set off along the trail of the unknown beast.  You follow the tracks cautiously for about two hours, the birdcrawlers rattling away in the branches above.  Aandion, you spot the creature before anyone else does, though not before it hears you.

The beast, looking something like a cross between a pig and a lizard, looks up from the ferns it was grazing on and opens a beak full of large, flat teeth.  It lets out a sound that is vaguely reminiscent of a belligerent yawn and turns its head from side to side, seeking out what has disturbed its presence.  The pig-lizard has mottled green-brown skin and is about the size of a large sow.  Fortunately, it does not appear to have much protection beyond its thick skin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2009, 02:15:48 pm »

Kadol whispers to the others, "I say we encircle it and then attack. What do you think?"
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2009, 02:24:30 pm »

"Seems like a solid plan. Dwarf, you are with me. Aandion and Sym, take the other side. I intend not to lose dinner."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2009, 02:44:20 pm »

I'm waiting for a confirmed action from Kadol, ideally, but unless he says otherwise I shall assume the dwarf follows you for his own inscrutable reasons.  Org, worry about a prestige class if and when Sym makes it to level 5 and can even consider it.  Bear in mind that unless you successfully develop the class from scratch, you will need to find someone to tutor you.

Auchfor:  As you did not select a familiar at the beginning, you will have to bind one yourself.  Fortunately, you successfully recall the basic rite of binding.

Bind Familiar

Requirements
Foci:
  Animal of less than CR 1/3, with no more than 1 base HD;
Local Earth spirit.
Primary Component:  A smooth cylinder of jade, about the size of an apple.
Secondary Components:  Four smooth quartz shafts;
1lb prepared incense.

Procedure:  Bury the four shafts into the ground and rest the jade upon them.  Burn the incense over the jade.  When the smoke begins to spiral anticlockwise, lift the jade from its supports, taking care not to place it on the ground again.  The first suitably weak-minded creature to approach within 5ft of the crystal will serve as the familiar.
Caution:  Do not allow the jade to touch unworked ground or soil, or you will need to begin again.

You think about possible local replacements for the materials, but are unable to think of any relevant ones off the top of your head.  Knowledge (arcana): Fail
7 if I go all bard. Need +6 BAB.

And shouldnt I get my Bardic Knowledge roll for the animal?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2009, 03:16:33 pm »

Well, we have no idea what this place is. Odds are that no one even knew about these things.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:32 pm »

Actually, this could be another plane of existence.

Iituem, I forgot to mention(and put on my Character Sheet) that I get a Level one spell(because of Cha bonus(look it up if you dont believe me)). I will chose Charm Person.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2009, 03:32:10 pm »

You need to invoke Bardic Knowledge checks in future.  I will not automatically do them.

Bardic Knowledge:  While you know of many beasts and creatures of myth, you really only know about them inasmuch as they feature in legends and stories.  Since you have never been to this world, it is hardly surprising that you have never heard of anything like this.  Maybe someone could try and infer things about it based on what was known about creatures in your old world, but that person will be someone with ranks in Knowledge (nature); not you.

Also you are right, I don't believe you.  You are only eligible for level 1 spells (including bonus spells) when you reach level 2.  You will also need to obtain sufficient notoriety to do that, but I would not worry about that until you get there.

Initiative Rolls
Sym 8
Auchfor 4
Piglizard 16
Aandion 4
Kadol 16

Initiative Order:  Kadol, Piglizard, Sym, Auchfor, Aandion
Encounter Map

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2009, 03:36:17 pm »

I said I get it. I cant use it until I am level 3(? IIRC).

Look in ability scores(one of the first sections) and look at bonus spells. 12-13 gives me 1 level one spell.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2009, 03:39:53 pm »

No, the bard does not receive level 1 spells of any form until he reaches level 2.  If you see the '0' spells figure on the level 2 bar of that link, that signals that bonus spells are available with sufficient stats.  Level 1 is a '-', which means that bonus spells are not yet available.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2009, 03:43:50 pm »

IITUEM LISTEN UP FOR A MINUTE AND ACTUALLY READ WHAT I WRITE.

Grab the PhB. Its section 2, ability scores and someother nonsense. It shows examples of strenth dex and all that. There is a section for bonus spells. It is there. I just read it two minutes ago.

Its not in the bard section BECAUSE IT IS BONUS SPELLS FOR HAVING BETTER THAN AVERAGE CHARISMA
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13