Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: D&D3.5 - Empty Bellies  (Read 14228 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: D&D3.5 - Origin Point
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2009, 05:01:48 pm »

Try making a cool spot to put food.

Find find find find a cool spot.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »

Aandion heads out to see what creatures are on the plains.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2009, 05:11:17 pm »

Aandion:  The plains are all the way over by the coast, what looks like a few days' trek away.  Are you certain you want to go that distance alone?

Within the immediate forest you see some variety in local tree types, mostly hardwoods of varying species.  Bushes are absent, probably due to the coverage of the trees, but there are ferns everywhere the trees let in enough light.  There are old, decaying leaves covering the forest floor.  You kneel and do a bit more studying, eventually finding to your surprise what look like tiny moles, no bigger than your thumbnail, burrowing through the soft forest soil in search of detritus.

You study the bird-like climbers for a little while; although cautious of you, every now and again one scuttles down to the forest floor, nabs a few of the micro-moles in its beak and claws and brings it back up to the safety of the tree branches.

Sym:  How are you trying to make a cool spot?  e.g. Are you digging one, putting rocks together to make a cool, dark cairn?  There do not appear to be any burrows or the like on the surface of the hill.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2009, 05:15:05 pm »

(Sorry >_>)

Aandion tries to search for any tracks from a larger creature, one we can skin to make a tarp.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2009, 05:23:28 pm »

Aandion:  You study the ground for ten minutes or so, with Cain helping you by sniffing.  He gives a bark at something and you follow, uncovering tracks leading off to the north.  They are large and you would estimate a couple of hours old, made by a creature with big, three-toed feet.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »

Aandion:  The plains are all the way over by the coast, what looks like a few days' trek away.  Are you certain you want to go that distance alone?

Within the immediate forest you see some variety in local tree types, mostly hardwoods of varying species.  Bushes are absent, probably due to the coverage of the trees, but there are ferns everywhere the trees let in enough light.  There are old, decaying leaves covering the forest floor.  You kneel and do a bit more studying, eventually finding to your surprise what look like tiny moles, no bigger than your thumbnail, burrowing through the soft forest soil in search of detritus.

You study the bird-like climbers for a little while; although cautious of you, every now and again one scuttles down to the forest floor, nabs a few of the micro-moles in its beak and claws and brings it back up to the safety of the tree branches.

Sym:  How are you trying to make a cool spot?  e.g. Are you digging one, putting rocks together to make a cool, dark cairn?  There do not appear to be any burrows or the like on the surface of the hill.
Dig.
Dig dig dig dig a good hole.

Then look for big branches for a resting place.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2009, 05:28:34 pm »

"You, sym, the tall one, come over here. What do you make of this?"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2009, 05:31:18 pm »

"What do I make of what? And what is your name, Wood Elf"

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:37:09 pm by Org »

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2009, 05:38:12 pm »

"Half elf?! How dare you think my ancestors would TOUCH anyone other than a full Wood Elf?!"

Aandion calms down...

My name is Aandion. And I mean of these tracks. They look nothing like what I have ever seen, but they look like they're from a large animal. We may be able to hunt them for meat and bone and skin."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2009, 05:39:34 pm »

((Wait. You are the wood elf. >.> Sorry. Confusing.))

I look and try to tell what it looks like and where it went. Look for droppings to see what it ate

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2009, 05:41:10 pm »

"They look a few hours old, but I think we can get them before nightfall... If this world has one..."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2009, 05:49:32 pm »

Sym:  You dig for a bit with your hands, then give up and locate a flat rock to act as a shovel.  You could probably dig a hole about as big as your head in half an hour if you were willing to.  you take a break and speak to the druid first, though.

You do not really find out anything new by looking at the tracks.  You certainly can't tell anything about what it looks like, beyond the fact that it has feet larger than your own with three toes.  The tracks appear to head north.

You find no droppings, and even if you had, you lack the background knowledge to make much out of it.  That said, the local ferns in the area look to be cropped along the path of the track.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2009, 05:51:19 pm »

Aandion gets up. "I'm going to see what I can do about these tracks. Does anyone want to come with me?"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2009, 06:11:29 pm »

"Aandion, you have my sword!"

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2009, 07:25:02 pm »

"You have my magic at your disposal. By the way, my name is Auchfor."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:47:40 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13