Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Call of Cthulhu Fortress  (Read 13246 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Cthulhu Fortress
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 06:18:56 pm »

Hey I sent you the Ghasts and I also tested the shabus morgo at the same time in adventure mode. They are pretty intense think of wolves, with wrestling, that over-exert you really quick and then think of 10 of them, that's basically what the shabus morgo ended up.
oh and think if wolves attacked you every two steps on world map, yeah they are that frequent.
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 06:19:52 pm »

Nice. So they should be a fair challenge.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »

The ghasts are looking pretty good. I wasn't sure whether they were over-advanced, but I decided that sneakier goblins will be an awesome niche for them to fill. I changed the entity tag to GHAST, because evil is a pre-used tag. I also gave them ambush predator, so you won't know what hit you, and hopefully each one will reveal separately instead of in a group. I'll test it out when I get time. Is the bipedal Shabus Morgo you posted up the finished version? If so, I'll shove it in the creature_coc.txt file I made to contain all of our work.

I'm going to spend most of tomorrow working on Shub-Niggurath. Even with copy/pasting, getting all those maws and legs and stuff to work will take ages.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 07:13:06 pm »

ya it's not exactly the finished version but after I made the changes they weren't frequent or dangerous enough to bother with so ya that one posted is the finished version. not sure what to do next but when I decide I'll let you know.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2009, 07:14:56 pm »

and uh  you said you'd update the list but it still looks the same. Anyways WHY IS NO ONE ELSE OTHER THEN ME AND ROWAN POSTING!!!!
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:29 pm »

sorry, I'll get to it. It just slipped my mind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »

pst you missed the Tcho Tcho again
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:18 am »

Seriously? I'm a retard. It was 4 am in the morning, I have an excuse :D I'll be copy/pasting them into the mod and then working on Shubby.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 11:03:36 am »

I don't know if you accept suggestions, but I'd like to see those creatures: Chthonian, Crawling One, Dark Young, Deep One, Dhole, Dimensional Shambler, Elder Thing, Flying Polyp, Gnoph-Keh, Hound of Tindalos, Leng Spider (a Spider from Leng Plateau), Mi-Go, Shoggoth, Yithian.
Leng Spiders could replace the GCS by their deadliness :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 08:38:19 pm »

I was going to rename the GCS to Spiders of Leng.
Gnoph-keh have been already done.
Hounds of Tindalos can't be done yet.
Mi-Go are planned
Yithians and Dholes and Cthonians will be done after the update
Elder Things will be done later as well (using new Elder Things rather than the pod elder things)
Dark Young will be done, taking the place of Treants. Working on a way to have them spawn off Shubby.
Flying Polyps can be done, I'll add it.
Dimensional shamblers can be done, I'll add it.
Deep Ones are planned
I'll check out the crawling ones.

Shub Niggurath actually went quite fast when I remembered that I could copy/paste with differences (thank god for find/replace)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 01:25:12 pm »

is there any undead creatures cause I always like messing around with them?
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »

Hmm.. Mythos tends not to concern itself with the undead, except where other things have become undead. I don't think there's anything specific to the mythos unfortunately, so no luck.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 02:40:52 pm »

I like to help. I know that in Delta Green (the modern-day CoC), there is an organization of semi-crazy anti-occultists, called Delta Green. Is there such an organization in the "canonical" CoC? Or is it all just random private detectives?

I would also love to play around with Ethics and see lots of great Legends of people fighting other people.

Oh, and what about those 'new' Gods? The ones that successfully defeated the Great Old Ones?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 03:09:23 pm »

Screw them. Great Old Ones are awesome, and the way that some (less morbid) authors added fluffy, kind gods irritates me to no end. Hypnos and Nodens (of the ones I can recall) are far too humanity friendly in the works of other authors. H.P. originally created a few of them, not to balance out the chaotic evil of the Great Old Ones but rather to add chaotic neutral to the mix. Any depiction of them as helpful for any reason other than their own ends and enjoyment is un-Lovecraftian.

Cthulhu Mythos is all about the creeping insanity, the unseen cults. I disagree with letting anything DG near my work, but that's mainly preference, H.P. never had any organisations (excepting, of course, the raid on Innsmouth), and so neither do I. The works that I like to incorporate are only those that the man himself agreed with, he created Cthulhu Mythos, so his word is law as far as I'm concerned.

Too much of modern stuff is Hastur Mythos (corruption and swat teams), which tends to be more open and warring cults kinda stuff. The Cthulhu-Tech RPG is so much Hastur Mythos that I refuse to play it without heavily altering the timeline.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:13:36 pm by Rowanas »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 03:22:46 pm »

Weird. I tried to test drive the CoC mod so far, and I get no errors but having genned three times, I'm still getting no TchoTcho or ghasts or anything else. I'm perplexed, so I'm redownloading and trying again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8