Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Call of Cthulhu Fortress  (Read 13237 times)

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Cthulhu Fortress
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 08:39:51 pm »

Nyarlathotep (The King In Yellow has arrived!)
Hastur (HFS, You thought your nobles were corrupt to start with?)
Personally I do not think any of the Great Old Ones, Outer Gods, or Elder Gods should be found stomping around. The idea one of them just wandering around and finding Dwarf Forts to smash and fighting and killing any of them just sounds ridiculous to me.

I 100% agree with this. The world would be demolished in the blink of an eye by even any of these entities awareness - but the elder gods might actually have to show up and have a picnic  for that to happen but, really, no - it does not make sense to put those kind of powerful creatures in the world and keep it true to the mythos.

Cults and non-human species (of which there are way more than necessary) should make up the bulk of the game, with some supernatural creatures (not elders or old ones) as the replacement for legendary/epic demons.

You could always go over the top though, and put in a "BEGIN_HARVEST" raw, which would spawn an Elder or Old one to show up and simply destroy everyone in an orgy of violent destruction, maybe set off magma fills/elevation and flood vallys in fire. That would be enormously brutal -- in other words, perfect for the mythos.

Just my $0.02
I absolutely love the idea, though, keep going! Just...you know....would like to keep it close to the mythos scale if at all possible.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:48:46 pm by lodester »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 09:27:48 pm »

ya i'm in for a collaboration what do you have done /still need done?
Nom nom nom

Enatai

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_MODDING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 07:31:06 pm »

Nyarlathotep (The King In Yellow has arrived!)
Hastur (HFS, You thought your nobles were corrupt to start with?)
Personally I do not think any of the Great Old Ones, Outer Gods, or Elder Gods should be found stomping around. The idea one of them just wandering around and finding Dwarf Forts to smash and fighting and killing any of them just sounds ridiculous to me.

I 100% agree with this. The world would be demolished in the blink of an eye by even any of these entities awareness - but the elder gods might actually have to show up and have a picnic  for that to happen but, really, no - it does not make sense to put those kind of powerful creatures in the world and keep it true to the mythos.

Cults and non-human species (of which there are way more than necessary) should make up the bulk of the game, with some supernatural creatures (not elders or old ones) as the replacement for legendary/epic demons.

You could always go over the top though, and put in a "BEGIN_HARVEST" raw, which would spawn an Elder or Old one to show up and simply destroy everyone in an orgy of violent destruction, maybe set off magma fills/elevation and flood vallys in fire. That would be enormously brutal -- in other words, perfect for the mythos.

Just my $0.02
I absolutely love the idea, though, keep going! Just...you know....would like to keep it close to the mythos scale if at all possible.

Well, I mean, you could always just put in some of the actual races found in the mythos and call it a day, but in all actuality, considering summoning and the like, it isn't unheard of for Great Old Ones to go wandering about, they pretty much do it anyways but keep to themselves "until the stars are right," which should be about the same time as the King arrives to seal your victory, when Cthulhu drops in to give you some tea and sympathy over the tragic arrival of more nobles all-around destruction.  Plus, it's more fun that way.

ya i'm in for a collaboration what do you have done /still need done?
Good, see about modding in any of the stuff we haven't already done.  I already gave him my Cthulhu to play around with and I'm working on adding in Deep Ones, what were you thinking of adding?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 10:17:19 am »

ok, I've worked on a few creatures and created a load of body parts (having created the Gnophkeh, I am so not looking forward to Shubby). Cthulhu has been remodded and I'm hoping to put the TchoTcho in when I receive the files. I'm off to play DF now, I've earnt my reward.

P.S. Shantaks are scary.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 03:28:03 pm »

ok so I sent the files for the Tcho Tcho sorry for the long wait but I wanted to make sure they worked p.s. i'm gonna start working on the sarbus morgo if that's ok.  Oh and if you want to send me the other done files I'll test them a bit more indepth if ya think it's nessicary.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:03 pm »

I messed something up you have to change the token on the TchoTcho [MULTIPLE_LITTER:2:4] to [liTTERSIZE:2:4] ok sorry that should also make em spread alot more in world gen.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 04:03:05 pm »

Got the Shabus Morgo done they were fun and easy. Bascilly made em a slightly more violent and bigger wolf that can be trained for hunting and war. Also when they reproduce the offspring are just as powerful as the parents and ready to be trained immediately.
here they are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 04:05:50 pm »

Don't wanna do anything else without some details so just give me the next thing on the list as long as you can explain it a bit.
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 08:33:17 pm »

Ah, I'll need a pretty complete redo of the Shabus Morgo. They're humanoid, not quadruped :D sorry for not giving enough details.

On the topic of Elder gods and Old Ones, although I feel that the DF CoC mod is done at the time of the stars being right, which is why Cthulhu might stomp and Shubby might... um... bleat? While a lower-tone, more truly Lovecraftian mod would be more in keeping with the Mythos, I feel that often the darkness and corruption is far too Hastur Mythos than Cthulhu (the difference being corruption vs insanity) and nothing says insanity like the Great Old Ones
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2009, 08:36:50 pm »

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well I'll..... wait you said humanoid I think I already made a tamable humanoid predator let me check probably be tommorrow before I get em done though shouldn't take long though I'll leave most of the same tags but change the body............ TO THE RAWS!!!
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2009, 08:42:28 pm »

What really defines the Shabus Morgo.  an easier question is is there any site that I can go to which would describe all these creatures in general?
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 08:47:39 pm »

well here's the humanoid version it works but i'd like to get some details when you can.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:26 pm »

Unfortunately there is no site that defines them very well as they're an invention of the CthulhuTech roleplaying game, based on a similarly named, but not exactly the same creature in the Mythos. The Shabus you've done looks fine, I haven't got the time to regen and play a few quick forts to test if they act fine, but I'll assume good things :D

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2009, 10:39:02 am »

So ya you said in a PM that I could start work on the Ghasts sounds good I already think I know a good setup for em.  ;D  this is comign along quick I wouldn't be surprised if it was ready for the beta on Friday
Nom nom nom

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2009, 11:59:38 am »

Seems reasonable. The guy doing the
sirroco mod offered his gaunts and gugs to make it easier, I'll be putting them into the CoC mod raws whenever I can. This mod is only really a beta until the next release comes out, because there will be so many new things to add and things we can do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8