Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Call of Cthulhu Fortress  (Read 13229 times)

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Cthulhu Fortress
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2009, 11:27:55 pm »

The Star Spawn of Cthulhu! They come out of the water and mess you up! Uses the 6FACETENTACLES body part from Cthulhu.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:39:27 pm by Niyazov »

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2009, 11:41:16 pm »

Zoogs are like rhesus macaques, only bigger and more obnoxious. Also uses 6FACETENTACLES.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:09 am »

I was thinking about how great a Lovecraft Mod for DF would be.
If you guys would not have already started one I would had to learn how to mod for this :D

Are you still working on this?

Regarding shoggots. I thought it would be nice if one shoggoth was not just one unit but rather many more small ones, thus resembling their flexibility in form. Imagine a long vein of shoggoth slime wandering through your halls, spreading into rooms, seperating, merging again etc.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2010, 11:58:59 am »

so what, smallish, two or one body part creatures that come in groups of 100+?
Nom nom nom

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:42 pm »

Yeah exactly like that (though 100+ might be a bit much)

Also have you thought about making some Civilizations playable? I got my idea for a Lovecraft DF mod while listening to Mountains of Madness and hearing about this huge city and alle the nice engravings there :D
Playing them, the Great Race of Yith or Fishmen (sorry - Deep Ones) or having them at least at civilizations would be great.

Mi-Go as player civ would be most fitting because they also live in the mountains ("Bizap Neto has created a legendary brain cylinder").

I don't know that much about modding DF but I think something like the colour out of space that has been suggested before would be more fitting once we have poisons in the next version.

Also is it possible to have creatures spread cold? Having Ithaqua coming to your fort and freezing all your water sources on his way would be nice :D

TheCze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2010, 06:35:24 am »

So are you planning on keeping this updated once the new version arrives?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:47 am »

Will this thing be done? I got inspired to go back to the mini-mod "Call of the Elder Ones" after hearing about the new PARANOIA Internal Security supplement, and I want to know if I should continue or not.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]