Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm getting fed up...  (Read 2091 times)

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm getting fed up...
« on: July 10, 2009, 08:24:04 am »

I really am getting fed up.
For some reason I can never do anything in this game.
My usual strategy is a charismatic leader that recruits some prostitutes and pumps thier juice up, and then try to get thier disguise and stealth up as well then going to the sweatshops to sabatoge machinery. I usually use prostitution as my main income etc. and I can never get a good military force going. Also, leadership levels up too slow for some reason, and my subordinates don't get any leadership at all. Though once they were able to recruit up to 1 person even with no leadership at all. :/

I really do need some help on what to do in the beginning of the game, how to get a good military force, etc etc.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: I'm getting fed up...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:37:32 am »

The bouncer is your friend, he helps you grind skills.

You don't need leadership to recruit, just a high enough juice.

Train your persuasion, the jury in the court house is good for both, persuation and juice.

Disguise can also be trained at the gentlemens club.

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:44:11 am »

The bouncer is your friend, he helps you grind skills.

You don't need leadership to recruit, just a high enough juice.

Train your persuasion, the jury in the court house is good for both, persuation and juice.

Disguise can also be trained at the gentlemens club.

Alright, I'll try that. But he always keeps on running away and the cops keep on chasing me. :/

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:15:15 pm »

I stopped playing because It was a huge grind, especially in the beggining where you have to grind skills.
Hello Hunam

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:05:08 pm »

It does seem like that...
How do you make good money in this game and get good weapons?

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:53:52 pm »

How do you make good money in this game and get good weapons?
Good money can be made by people with high heart doing legitimate fundraising such as selling shirts, or playing music. Hippies are good for those tasks, and as long as you don't do any illegal activities out of the base they're operating out of, it'll never get raided, and it'll be a steady and safe source of income. The other best way to get money is to steal credit card numbers with people with good computer skill. Intelligence is vital to getting high skill and thus more money with that. But beware, that method builds up heat over time, and if you have a ton of people all going at once, you're going to get raided by the police pretty often.

As to weapons, you can get some good guns at the pawn shop for a pretty good price, but you have to buy the more powerful guns from gang members in crack houses or other places. Those guns are more expensive, but it's generally worth it.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:20:51 pm »

If you have even a little security skill, the apartments can be a great source of cash.  Just remember to run away BEFORE the shooting starts.  If anyone has decent disguise skill, you can send them into any workplace to steal all their laptops.  Again, know when to run.

If you are having a lot of trouble, it may pay to consider "cheating."  ;)  You didn't hear it from me, but the game saves every time you let a day pass and every time you select exit.  If you shut down the game by closing the terminal rather then quitting, you can go back a day and get a second (and third and forth...) chance.  This might make it easier to learn to play.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 01:40:29 am »

Alright, some formula exposing here.

Leadership is gained by having the subordinates gain juice. Prostitution has a 1/3 chance of lowering juice by 1 point per day. Therefore, you don't get their juice high enough to get enough leadership to do anything.

Selling brownies is better for general balance, but I do believe prostitution has a higher rate of return for money.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 02:54:48 am »

Thanks for the help then, I'm formulating a strategy actually. xD
What's the best weapon in the game? I assume mithril armor is the best armor, of course.

irmo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 03:21:49 am »

What's the best weapon in the game? I assume mithril armor is the best armor, of course.

Mithril armor actually does nothing, last I checked. This is apparently some kind of joke that should be better explained, so as not to trip up newbies who reasonably assume that mithril armor is mithril armor.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 09:58:34 am »

Remember to train your stealth skill by running around naked in public as well as training disguise.  This gives you both a disguise and a stealth roll.

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:56 am »

Mithril armor actually does nothing, last I checked. This is apparently some kind of joke that should be better explained, so as not to trip up newbies who reasonably assume that mithril armor is mithril armor.

Hm, really? Then what would be a good armor/weapon?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 10:50:30 am »

I'm a big fan of guitars myself, but find the m4 or any non AR-16 rifle to be a good choice for trained liberals while shotguns are what I give to the untrained.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 11:51:33 am »

MP5s have the highest chance of actually getting a hit in and are concealable under trenchcoats, so that could help too.  Magnums are good if you need to conceal them, and they have the second most powerful shots in the game (first being shotguns, of course).

Legislature

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 12:01:30 pm »

Hm, I see, well, this all is certainly enlightening. I might do better next time I play. :]
Pages: [1] 2