Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LEGO Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 5776 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:38 pm »

Anyway, that Brikwars thing is win... I tried to create a tabletop system based on legos before, but no-one wanted to play with me. :(

A friend of mine said he'd love to try Brik Wars if I have the time and break out my LEGOs again.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 01:23:59 am »

I had the wild west fort. It was composed of 4 separate pieces, wasnt it?

I also had the dragon castle, some small  castle outpost thing with a wolf, and, in the "caribbean" setting, I had the pseudo-british sea fortress, and the pirate ship (they hadnt released the pseudo-spanish and pseudofrench ships back then, I recall).

Oh, and I had the big submarine, too.

Damn, I feel like recreating some of those in DF.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 07:49:26 am »

I have one of these, along with a human medieval village and castle. They're all quite fun to play with, and I have a force of invading trolls goblins as well. When I've got my camera working, I'll post pictures.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 10:54:37 pm »

There was some space set that I got this huge ass ship once, sadly a few of the very unique pieces broke (mostly minor cosmetic things) but I would LOVE to get my dirty paws on each box of that set again.

OH HELLS YEAH.

This baby.  One of the gem-thingies (middle height, two front, two middle) I think is missing, and there's another bit that I can't see in that picture, that I am sure was from that set that looks something like the tailfin on a rocket (1x1 round block sized, plus fins), only translucent yellow-green; one of the fins snapped.

Oh yeah.  Working drawbridge and portcullis.

Edit:
Found the set that had the 1x1 round fin part.

This thing.  I want all of that set too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:20:19 pm by Draco18s »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 01:51:29 am »

Are they out of their minds?

That catapult is practically useless!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 01:19:14 pm »

Are they out of their minds?

That catapult is practically useless!

Lego catapults usually are.

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 01:25:46 pm »

Wow, I miss Lego. Sometimes I wonder why I don't go back to it, but then I remember I don't have any money.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 08:18:24 pm »

Wow, I miss Lego. Sometimes I wonder why I don't go back to it, but then I remember I don't have any money.

Mine are all in the basement, haven't done anything with them in years.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 01:39:03 am »

There is a better reason. Laesa maiestas, as I said. You dont want your gf/disco going buddies/dorm-mates catch you playing with legos.

DF inspires lots of more respect, you see :p
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:23 pm »

There is a better reason. Laesa maiestas, as I said. You dont want your gf/disco going buddies/dorm-mates catch you playing with legos.

My college buddies would love to come over for some Brik Wars.  You're not hanging out with the right people.
(Of course, that particular friend was the guy who introduced me to Dwarf Fortress, Cave Story, Iji, Knitt, and a ton of other games)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 03:07:25 pm »

Add some Brik Wars
There was a sad, sad crying poor kid who got nothing for Christmas from Toys-4-Tots but a pack of Lego machine guns.

I on the other hand, won the respect and admiration of my peers for my creativity in toy purchases for the Toys-4-Tots competition.  (OK, that's a lie, but still)
Pages: 1 [2]