Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LEGO Dwarf Fortress?  (Read 5770 times)

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LEGO Dwarf Fortress?
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:37:39 pm »

LEGO's new Castle line seems to be putting a decent focus into dwarves.

This set comes with dwarves and a troll, and appears to have at least two traps. It has a catapult!

I think it might be time to try to model my next fortress.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Dwarf Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:49:21 am »

There is finaly lego models with short legs? (except certain star wars legos) Now my dwarfs don't need to be legless freaks to be short.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:41:28 am »

I thought they sold short legs you could put in those little cups at the lego store?

That said, I'd totally make a lego magmared jello trap.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:33 am »

I just realized that I am using DF as a substitute of my childhood legos..  :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:26 am »

yeah i think thats one of the things fascinating about df... just with the difference your legos didnt un around themselfes ;)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:43:26 am »

yeah i think thats one of the things fascinating about df... just with the difference your legos didnt un around themselfes ;)
or burn your house down with magma... :(
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 03:01:28 pm »

Yeah, but legos are still fun!  I realized this when my cousins came over and we all built spaceships and smashed them into things.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

pnutz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »

I got this for my son last Christmas. There are wooden doors that threaten with spikes of gold, shields emblazened with images of helmets, a dining hall (with a barrel), a forge, a ramp, gold and silver nuggets, hammers and axes, and a mechanism or two. The dwarves have short, immobile legs, while the goblins are regular size (and have shields with images of goblins on them). The troll lends itself well to dismemberment.

The thing that struck me the most were the MINE CARTS! Why doesn't DF have those, dammit?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 04:56:15 pm »

Yeah, but legos are still fun!  I realized this when my cousins came over and we all built spaceships and smashed them into things.
Yeah, my point exactly. We do the same things in DF as we did with legos.

TBH I'd be playing with legos nowadays still, but when I was 15 or so I decided that to be seen doing so would be "laesa maiestas", so DF it is for me
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:23 pm »

Add some Brik Wars

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

Holy shit, LEGO, I hate you.

Why could you not have released this 11 years ago? D:
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 07:11:59 pm »

Why could you not have released this 11 years ago? D:

They sort of did.  Not with the dwarves of course, but I notice that they're redoing a lot of the sets from my childhood.  There's the new castle, and the new diggers, and even new fish people.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 07:17:41 pm »

Who else had or even remembers that huge alamo-like playset in the old wild west with wooden walls and cowboys and horses and what not?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 07:47:18 pm »

Who else had or even remembers that huge alamo-like playset in the old wild west with wooden walls and cowboys and horses and what not?
I think I had that one.  I remember it having pretty significant holes in the walls, such that any minifigure could easily slip through.  Its with all my other sets now (smashed back into its original components and stored in a giant bin in my closet).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 09:54:12 pm »

Yeah- at one point a lot of series died off, they changed around some of brick colors (I never did like the new grays- they added some faint blue) and they tried to come up with new stuff. Most of that was lame, and now they're doing facsimiles of the stuff that sold well before but the current buying market is new to.

Anyway, that Brikwars thing is win... I tried to create a tabletop system based on legos before, but no-one wanted to play with me. :(
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: [1] 2