Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GTA:SA in Multiplayer  (Read 1002 times)

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
GTA:SA in Multiplayer
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:24 pm »

Ok, I know this is some old shit, but I didn't find it anywhere on this forum, so for the heck of it I'm makin' this.

GTA SA:MP. You still need the original San Andreas, though it can run perfectly on pirated copies.
It's basically the same San Andreas, only there are no peds, and the only thing are the players. And cars.

Almost.

This shit is highly scriptable thru it's own developed language, Pawno. (no, it doesnt pwn, though.)
You can easily script and host servers, and this led to different servers, like RP servers, where you can get legal jobs, have a house and all, or go gangbanging ...

Again, it's easily scripted so sky is the limit. (And often there are numerous race and stunt tracks in the sky too :P)

Besides, with the ability to get pirate GTA SA, this is totally free, and a powerful alternative to GTA IV.

Just watch out, there are some preety powerful cheat tools too, as GTA SA wasn't originally intended for MP and isn't developed like so.

www.sa-mp.com
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: GTA:SA in Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »

a powerful alternative to GTA IV.
Only if your computer can't handle IV.
If it can, don't bother with this.
It's tremendously glitchy, cars don't synchronize properly half the time, it's ridiculously easy to cheat...
Only plus point of this, discounting being free due to pirating, which is illegal btw, is the planes.
Well..  and the Jetmax is glitchy in a fun way:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:03:06 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:58:53 am »

I played this for a while. Very good fun.

One server had a series of extreme ramps set up in the sky. I mean EXTREME. You were lucky to get to the ramp at the end of the incline XD

We would all pile onto a bus and go FLYING off the ramps.

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:42 am »

There's also MTA, that is basically a multiplayer game of racing/destruction derby in vehicles, WITH MAP EDITOR INCLUDED. It's awesome.
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 03:55:47 pm »

Yea, MTA:SA works great. Seriously, I love that game. There are some servers that allow for some great RPing, just get some friends in it, since most people just like to shoot each other..

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:03:07 pm »

Sorry,I think it kinda sucks.

It always seems everyone is out to get you.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 05:10:01 pm »

Not if you get them first!

Anyone else seen how powerful drivebys are? A few shot and they're dead.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:21:40 pm »

Aren't these things illegal?
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:26:32 am »

Just on a few servers, mainly the sucky official ones.