Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Illustrated item/material skill suggestion  (Read 3999 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illustrated item/material skill suggestion
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 04:41:52 pm »

That said, I do think that 'yellow diamond' could probably be grouped with 'blue diamond' pretty harmlessly  (Although Saphire and Ruby should be separate)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:44:14 pm »

I don't see why. Sapphire and ruby are essentially the same thing, just a different color.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:50:47 pm »

I don't see why. Sapphire and ruby are essentially the same thing, just a different color.
@#$@#  You're right... OK, so Diamonds all under one catagory, Corundum under a different.

Basically, different gems have different fault lines, and it would take a master jeweler time to perfect each gem.  That said, each gem skill set should be grouped by fault lines.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:54 pm »

Speaking of gemcutting, the gems themselves should have quality levels, not the setting. This also serves to avoid the hurdle of setting relying on skill with the individual gem, something which seems a bit off. Then again, well set gems should be rewarded somehow. Perhaps make it a low value "decor" which adds a little value instead of multiplying the value of the material

Come to think of it, gem cutting wouldn't have ItemSkills or Groups at all. Nicely makes sure cutting glass doesn't make you too good at it
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:46:37 pm by Pilsu »
Pages: 1 [2]