Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Your helpfulness around your home, you know in terms of chores

I do everything around the house. Along with ordering everyone else around.
- 0 (0%)
I make my kids do everything.
- 0 (0%)
I'm younger than my parents and I still do everything, no one else really helps.
- 3 (7.3%)
I just do what I'm expected/told to do.
- 14 (34.1%)
I only clean my mess and nothing else.
- 6 (14.6%)
I clean only when everything is completely dirty.
- 2 (4.9%)
Clean? I DON'T HAVE TIME TO CLEAN!
- 4 (9.8%)
I never clean, I'm not good at making messes
- 1 (2.4%)
Clean? BAH! Too lazy to do that!
- 5 (12.2%)
Everyone else cleans my mess, I never have to worry about it.
- 0 (0%)
I live by myself, making it easy to keep the home clean.
- 2 (4.9%)
I try to clean but I keep saying I'll do it later.
- 3 (7.3%)
My parents keep telling to do everything.
- 1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A question on a BAY12ir's helpfullnitifi  (Read 2682 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
A question on a BAY12ir's helpfullnitifi
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:03:29 pm »

Personnaly I just do what I'm told, making me fairly lazy and useless around my home.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question on a BAY12ir's helpfullnitifi
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:11:38 pm »

None of the above. My husband and I talk about which chores we want done, decide who will do them, and then do them. And we don't have kids (yet). :D

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:13:31 pm »

I'm younger than my parents and I still do everything

Either that's a typo or you're being pretty obvious there  :) Did you mean siblings?

I live in close quarters (1 bathroom) with 3 other roommates. Not a lot of room for mess.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:14:15 pm »

I really don't know what I'm supposed to pick, as I mainly do what I'm asked but I also have a sort of schedule of when I need to do things. Though I can be a bit lazy sometimes... Hell I was too lazy to eat yesterday! XP
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:17:45 pm »

I just do what is expected of me for the most part, but will help with other things if asked.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:26:38 pm »

I live with my uncle, with my father. My father and I have a virtually zero effect on dirtying up the place, as my father is usually outside and I'm usually hidden away with my computer. Either way, we clean up after ourselves, do our own dishes after we use them, and so on. My uncle makes most of the mess, usually by throwing his dog paper, bottles, and other miscellaneous nonsense. My father then, cleans up after my uncle, and I clean up after and take care of the dog. We've been here two years and my uncle has vacuumed one time, and has never cleaned up anything else.

There is no solid surface to eat food on because he stacks trash and junk on every clean surface. 3/4ths of the stove is unusable due to this.

The cherry on top of this is that he blames us for the mess and tells people we're slobs. XD

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:26:58 pm »

I mostly just stick to cleaning up my room, but there are occasions where I cook dinner and wash dishes and do laundry and all that good stuff.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 03:44:45 pm »

Dad's out of country. Pretty much everything falls to me.

How am *I* supposed to know how to fix the lawnmower?!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 03:50:37 pm »

Dad's out of country. Pretty much everything falls to me.

How am *I* supposed to know how to fix the lawnmower?!

Take it to a repair shop and see what needs to be fixed and how much it would cost.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:32:01 pm »

I'm younger than my parents and I still do everything

Either that's a typo or you're being pretty obvious there  :) Did you mean siblings?

I live in close quarters (1 bathroom) with 3 other roommates. Not a lot of room for mess.

Er, sure I really did not proofread too much on the whole topic decisions.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:44:07 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:41 pm »

i generally clean up my own mess and the kitchen... sometimes. I also pay 'rent' to my parents soooo that counts for something.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:45:09 pm »

I homeschooled for most of Highschool, while my siblings were all busy. Thus it came onto me to clean everything. Now that would not be much a problem normally, as we don't make too much a mess for a six-person family. However, my father insists on everything being clean and in the right place. Somehow in my growing up, I have become the guy he goes to to voice his displeasure at something. Thus if somebody who does not work much in the kitchen starts putting things away(Older Brother, Older sister) and they are not in the right place, my father fumes at me over it. He doesn't blame me, but he explains why it is a problem in a harsh tone.
 This has happened hundreds of times. If he has spoken to people responsible for such actions I don't know. Then we come upon the double-standard: Whereas we are expected to keep everything organized and neat, his room is the messiest of the house. In fact, often when he cooks the counter opposite of the stove and sinks is unusable because of all the stuff he leaves out. Although I suppose I cannot attribute this to hypocrisy or laziness, as he works every day of the week and every other week when he has break days number from one to three, he works on improving the house.

In reality, I just clean up because I have the most time and opportunity to do such a thing. There are some habits my father has that get aggravating, but nothing harmful. My siblings only fault is not being used to working in the kitchen, and thus do not know where to put things back.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 03:25:47 am »

It's more complicated than that. I clean up 2 of my sibling's messes, because they clean up after me. Sometimes I don't clean up when my parents tell me to, sometimes I do. But when my brother messes up with the intention of getting someone to clean up after him, then I don't.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 02:03:45 pm »

Obviously...I DON'T HAVE TIME TO CLEAN!  ;D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:47 pm »

I have my own house which I rent out to some friends. They do all the main work while I sit here and count money. I also occassionally replace a lightbulb or order repairs to reinforce this illusion of power.
Pages: [1] 2