Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thoughts and Symbols (Because I hate my dwarves)  (Read 498 times)

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thoughts and Symbols (Because I hate my dwarves)
« on: July 07, 2009, 09:48:49 am »

If a dwarf hates purring maggots, a picture of a purring maggot could piss him off.  Even better, if a dwarf hates elves (and he should), the symbol of the local elven civ could piss him off EVEN IF IT'S NOT INTENDED TO.  AKA the fleecing of traders, an elf civ, has it's symbol as a goat.  Seeing goats could be minor unhappy thought (like -1% or something.)

The same would be true of likes. 

Also, dwarves should LIKE to see symbols of dwarven superiority, or even better, if you put your site symbol everywhere, your dwarves will become more loyal to your site.  (Especially fun if your symbol is a crooked cross)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and Symbols (Because I hate my dwarves)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:13:50 am »

Sort of already in the game. A dwarf will hate sleeping even in a royal room if it's carved with pictures a vermin he hates

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and Symbols (Because I hate my dwarves)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:40:42 am »

Quote from: Granite26
I'm curious whether the symbolism code got copied over from engravings.  Will dwarves know what they are looking at?
Quote from: jpwrunyan
If I see tetrahedrite statue of mule how many happy thought do I get?

There isn't any symbolism code for engravings.  They just look at the material and quality.  For items in the currently released version they look at material, quality, overall type, and shape/material/quality/color of improvements/thread, the race that made the object, and maybe a few other things, but not the creature type etc. of individual improvements.  They should look at those too, of course, but I haven't done it yet.  I may or may not do it this time, depending on the time.

???