Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ghosts, Adventurers, and the Adventurer Entity  (Read 2162 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosts, Adventurers, and the Adventurer Entity
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:26 am »

Yes, enslaving the souls of your parents to make some fucking knickknacks fits a civ that punishes plain torture with the death penalty. Oh yeah
Why would it need to be your parents?

Elf souls make perfectly good magical objects.  Assuming you accept that elves have souls, at least.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 07:41:03 am »

The difference is intent

A Blessed weapon is blessed, it hurts ghosts by virtue of ghosts being harmed by blessed weapons

A Magic weapon harms ghosts by virtue of being specifically set up to harm them

I'm fairly certain that I remember Toady saying somewhere that divine magic, including blessed weapons, was going to have to wait until the magic arc, which is why I said we won't have blessed blades until then.

The crucial differences between blessed weapons and magic ones become largely irrelevant, if neither of them has been implemented yet.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 08:20:16 am »

Yes, enslaving the souls of your parents to make some fucking knickknacks fits a civ that punishes plain torture with the death penalty. Oh yeah
Why would it need to be your parents?

Elf souls make perfectly good magical objects.  Assuming you accept that elves have souls, at least.

and I don't
Pages: 1 [2]