Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Delete the non-B12 forums  (Read 22516 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Delete the non-B12 forums
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2009, 12:27:19 am »

I have to post while tired, because I have to many things to do and is tired to much of the time to be able to post when I'm not. There simply ain't enough hours to go around.
I have learnt  CP is a bad idea by now, but next time it might be some other tropic I fail to realize is tabo.
I know when I should go to sleep, problem is again that there isn't enough time to go around, and I have to many things at to many varied time so be able to have any stable habits.
PMing someone before starting topics is a ridiculous idea, even if you ignore the embarrassment about having to ask them because it's impossible to know I'll get a quick response, unless I spam it to ten different people which is even more reticulum that I wont even go there.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2009, 12:31:22 am »

True. I guess you'll have to be really careful. I don't see a way around it. But I'm sure you won't post bad topics, seriously and at least Toady knows now not to get too annoyed if you start a topic he doesn't like.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2009, 12:33:44 am »

Just dont post anything you wouldent show your mother.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2009, 12:43:29 am »

Just dont post anything you wouldent show your mother.
I talked whit my mother just fine about that CP article, it was a decent discussion, so that does not apply. In fact, I wouldn't have known not to talk about it whit any random stranger on the street.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2009, 12:57:08 am »

Here's a possible rule:

If said subject is something that would get you killed in prison, it's probably not something suitable for the forum.
Shoes...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2009, 12:57:51 am »

Just PM me, I'm usually around, and happy to start controversial arguments.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:06 am »

Here's a possible rule:

If said subject is something that would get you killed in prison, it's probably not something suitable for the forum.

Is it just me or is this starting to become warnings to the socially inept?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2009, 01:04:07 am »

In fact, I wouldn't have known not to talk about it whit any random stranger on the street.

Stranger danger!

If you think that a topic might be taken offensively, but you're not really sure, it'd probably be a good idea to ask somebody about it before posting. It might also be a good idea to scan through the forum guidelines each time you post a new topic to see if it would obviously be against the rules.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2009, 01:10:09 am »

Just PM me, I'm usually around, and happy to start controversial arguments.
You can PM me if Strifes not on too! Theres bound to be one of us on the fourm at any given time.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2009, 03:03:05 am »

It would be best to dull the points a bit on the specific criticisms for people that are still around, self-imposed exile or not.  The issue is more or less settled, and we still have the first guideline concerning respect to deal with.  The forum's in a bit of a flux and there are some behaviors to condemn, but just easing up a bit would be good.  Hopefully everything will be betterish now.

Regarding the "bad" part of your post Armok, saying that you are going to attack the forum if you were ever banned is very bad.  I can't allow such statements to stop me from performing moderation activities.  I was prepared to ban you right at that time, but I didn't want to force the issue if it didn't need to be forced.  Please choose your words carefully and cautiously.  You were very close to being banned, and I'm not going to tolerate that again.

Concerning linking the "new VN" forum, I'm not going to do that.  If people can't stop themselves from posting whatever, they can leave.  I don't want to be associated with what's going on over there.  It's the same reason I removed the link to the new IRC channel, as one of the mods was playing Klan rally the last (and final) time I went in there, and I don't have time to moderate an IRC channel of my own.  This place is what it is.  The rest of the internet is the various things that it is, and google makes it easy to find stuff.

If you want to do things with your buddies here, you can arrange it via PM.  I'm not sure I'm even going to tolerate links to the new VN anymore.  I've decide to remove my own VN to remove any association with this new site and to clear out some of the old offensive crap.  I'll announce that in advance when I set the time for it in case anybody wants to back something up, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

Excuse me Toady, but what on earth do you mean by the ops in the IRC room "playing Klan"? #Bay12games is fairly clean and decent most of the time and as such I'm left somewhat aghast and wondering what is meant by this.

I was wondering why the channel no longer appeared on the website, but I had no idea this was what you thought..
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2009, 03:39:31 am »

Yea...
I feel bad for saying this, but maybe the long time between releases is affecting Toady as well, or maybe something else is making him over sensitive? This is one of the best communities on the net, but toady seems just... tired of having a community at all, it has because noting but a source of bug rapports, revenue, and annoyance. I'm not saying he treats it as such, he certainly dosn't and he answers question and is generally awesome, but I'm suspecting he's starting to THINK of it that way.

Or maybe I'm the one overacting, and it's not as bad as it seems from my paranoid perspective.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2009, 03:50:31 am »

Here's what I saw in the IRC window when I walked into the room after leaving it on for a while:

I cut out after that.  This is not the image I want to present to a new DF player joining a Bay 12 channel for the first time, and I can't moderate an IRC channel myself.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2009, 03:54:33 am »

You missed out on the random flirting with Makronds mom.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2009, 03:59:10 am »

Yes, we have just found the relevant logs and a formal letter of apology is on the way. Be rest assured that this is most emphatically not representative of #bay12games and was a one-off display. The operator in question has willingly stepped down and we strongly hope to prove ourselves to you as a decent channel.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2009, 04:00:15 am »

It's the same reason I removed the link to the new IRC channel, as one of the mods was playing Klan rally the last (and final) time I went in there, and I don't have time to moderate an IRC channel of my own.

We've investigated this and taken what we believe to be an appropriate response. De-op of the mod in question, and formal apology to be issued by that mod. Even though the statements were apparently issued in jest, we ops must hold ourselves to certain standards and refrain from even that. I can't tolerate this stuff from regulars, tolerating it from ops is totally out of the question.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14