Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Delete the non-B12 forums  (Read 22591 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delete the non-B12 forums
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2009, 09:24:05 pm »

People were derailing threads with hentai?

That's where I'd be fine with pulling the banhammer.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2009, 09:48:16 pm »

People were derailing threads with hentai?

That's where I'd be fine with pulling the banhammer.
In their defense(As many of them are genuinely sorry, and beating up on them now is rather useless and harmful) the images were very borderline: No actual nudity and the only iffy thing about them was how they spoke of such images. Well, that and the general direction the images were going towards. None that I saw were as bad as the Yuri of old. I did feel a bit uneasy about the roleplay between Sofia and Little, but I already voiced my concerns to the noted party about that particular incident.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2009, 11:29:42 pm »

Reading this thread, I'm completely "WTF DID I POST THAT?!?", I was very tired yesterday and should have kept those posts to myself.

If I have done something bad I'm sorry for that, I try not to be part of the problem, but I'm bad at it.
I'm not sure if I have actually done something other than that CP topic, which was intended to be political and I didn't know was forbidden. I guess I tend to cheer on and second other people doing bad stuff, but did I actually do anything myself?
Did anyone even accuse me for that, or am I just confusing something and blaming myself?

Still, I do think getting more people over to the new VN will make that a good place to divert bed stuff, I think it will have a much greater effect to actually link something specific what shares part of the same community than just saying there are other outlets and not giving specifics.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2009, 11:34:25 pm »

I must admit Armok, you were looking a bit like Okenido for a little while there. But now you are willing to help the forums stay what they are, and divert that which Toady does not want here elsewhere.

And danm, somebody should link Aqizzars post in the VN forum. Nothing I can really say that he hasn't already.

Also, goddammit Okenido for being a girl! I just got over the shock of the pervert formally known as Sniper Joe.
 That sentence was made in jest. No, I do not accuse Okenido of any wrongdoings for her gender nor the time of such a revelation.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2009, 01:05:31 am »

It would be best to dull the points a bit on the specific criticisms for people that are still around, self-imposed exile or not.  The issue is more or less settled, and we still have the first guideline concerning respect to deal with.  The forum's in a bit of a flux and there are some behaviors to condemn, but just easing up a bit would be good.  Hopefully everything will be betterish now.

Regarding the "bad" part of your post Armok, saying that you are going to attack the forum if you were ever banned is very bad.  I can't allow such statements to stop me from performing moderation activities.  I was prepared to ban you right at that time, but I didn't want to force the issue if it didn't need to be forced.  Please choose your words carefully and cautiously.  You were very close to being banned, and I'm not going to tolerate that again.

Concerning linking the "new VN" forum, I'm not going to do that.  If people can't stop themselves from posting whatever, they can leave.  I don't want to be associated with what's going on over there.  It's the same reason I removed the link to the new IRC channel, as one of the mods was playing Klan rally the last (and final) time I went in there, and I don't have time to moderate an IRC channel of my own.  This place is what it is.  The rest of the internet is the various things that it is, and google makes it easy to find stuff.

If you want to do things with your buddies here, you can arrange it via PM.  I'm not sure I'm even going to tolerate links to the new VN anymore.  I've decide to remove my own VN to remove any association with this new site and to clear out some of the old offensive crap.  I'll announce that in advance when I set the time for it in case anybody wants to back something up, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Angellus

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2009, 01:53:25 am »

Also, goddammit Okenido for being a girl! I just got over the shock of the pervert formally known as Sniper Joe.
 That sentence was made in jest. No, I do not accuse Okenido of any wrongdoings for her gender nor the time of such a revelation.
((Damn, you guys should look at profiles more, stated clearly: female))

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2009, 02:01:33 am »

((Damn, you guys should look at profiles more, stated clearly: female))

They both had it set to male, before. Which is why it is hard to believe.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:56 am »

Yay, Toady took my suggestion :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:39 am »

I got through 15 pages of scanning VN stuff. Nothing I really want to save.

Although there are several people that I want to call idiots (which, looking back, I said much more politely in the thread itself; I guess that I'm in a bad mood).

It's kinda sad that pretty much everything from Fenrir will be gone now . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2009, 03:55:06 am »

It would be best to dull the points a bit on the specific criticisms for people that are still around, self-imposed exile or not.  The issue is more or less settled, and we still have the first guideline concerning respect to deal with.  The forum's in a bit of a flux and there are some behaviors to condemn, but just easing up a bit would be good.  Hopefully everything will be betterish now.

Regarding the "bad" part of your post Armok, saying that you are going to attack the forum if you were ever banned is very bad.  I can't allow such statements to stop me from performing moderation activities.  I was prepared to ban you right at that time, but I didn't want to force the issue if it didn't need to be forced.  Please choose your words carefully and cautiously.  You were very close to being banned, and I'm not going to tolerate that again.

Concerning linking the "new VN" forum, I'm not going to do that.  If people can't stop themselves from posting whatever, they can leave.  I don't want to be associated with what's going on over there.  It's the same reason I removed the link to the new IRC channel, as one of the mods was playing Klan rally the last (and final) time I went in there, and I don't have time to moderate an IRC channel of my own.  This place is what it is.  The rest of the internet is the various things that it is, and google makes it easy to find stuff.

If you want to do things with your buddies here, you can arrange it via PM.  I'm not sure I'm even going to tolerate links to the new VN anymore.  I've decide to remove my own VN to remove any association with this new site and to clear out some of the old offensive crap.  I'll announce that in advance when I set the time for it in case anybody wants to back something up, but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.
This makes me very sad in many ways.  :'(

As for VN, I would want a backup on the whole thing, every single thread and post, I'm on principle against the destruction of anything no mater how nonsensical, horrible, or unnecessary it is.

I guess I'll be sending lots of PMs from now on...

Edit: to clarify, I was doing unsuccessful experiments hoping to improve my sleeping habits and my brain wasn't working due to sleep deprivation when I made those threats, I never would do something like that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:26:23 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:06 am »

Oh, and Toady: the SS13 is a friend of mine, I'll tell him to stop.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 06:08:25 am »

So, does this mean VN will be deleted forever? Because I have no problem on that whatsoever. There is some stuff on there that I don't want to ever see the light of day again and the rest of it has no real relevance. I'm cool with it being zapped.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2009, 06:18:18 am »

Whilst I'm not against the deletion of new various nonsense It would be a shame to lose all the old stuff in there, how about a new (locked) forum called archives, or similar, containing the threads from before VN started going down hill. I can't remember the exact date but round about when the new forums came in would be a reasonable cut off point I think, maybe a little later.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2009, 06:27:14 am »

Why would anyone need to view those in any way at all? I say we have an archive of everything that came before the independence thread and nuke everything else.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2009, 06:35:21 am »

I hate how I joined right before THE WHOLE FORUM WENT TO HELL.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14