Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wooden cudgels/staff?  (Read 8474 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooden cudgels/staff?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 10:09:06 am »

It's impossible to make a weapon and not give your dwarves access to that ammo, or not to make the ammo at all. And it's possible to make the weapon use an ammo type (you can make new ammo types) that doesn't exist or if it does, no civ can craft it.

To expand, dwarves cannot use the weapon to train (unless you remove the ammo tag, which will make the weapon uncraftable again), and you cannot dictate what skill is used in it's making. Ranged weapons will use wood/bone at a bowyer's workshop with crossbowmaking skill, or you can mod in a reaction at a smelter that may or may not produce anything higher than base quality based on their Furnace Operator skill. The point of this thread is to change all of that.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

Damn, did I type impossible?
That's not what I meant to say *facepalm*

It IS POSSIBLE to make your dwarves fight in melee with a ranged weapon by just not letting them ever have ammo in the first place, through any of the means described. I feel the need to clarify this.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 10:26:11 am »

Alright, I'm out of things to improve on this topic, but I don't want it to die, so just this one time I'm going to do it.

Bump.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]