Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477379 times)

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2220 on: January 19, 2010, 02:30:28 am »

It's completely text. I'm sure the ESRB would take one look at this game and go E for everyone who can understand this crazy mud thingy. No graphical nudity or graphical violence, so it's good!

EDIT: Also, how do I get started playing this? I don't want to totally gimp my character and get buttraped constantly while wandering wtf I should be doing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:59:25 am by HideousBeing »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 19, 2010, 03:11:10 am »

That's really the only way to start. Guess at your stats, screw around, join a corp, and then when you've learned a little, reroll and start over.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 19, 2010, 03:53:38 am »

That's really the only way to start. Guess at your stats, screw around, join a corp, and then when you've learned a little, reroll and start over.

Will do. going with the reflex/cool build on the wiki character creation thingy.... figure I can't go too horribly wrong with something thats on a wiki!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 19, 2010, 03:57:40 am »

Will do. going with the reflex/cool build on the wiki character creation thingy.... figure I can't go too horribly wrong with something thats on a wiki!

I remember when I was as innocent as you.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:06 pm »

To be fair, the hellwiki is getting better. I know of several players, myself included, who are putting real info on there - for example: Vayra's graffiti on the weaponry page has been cleaned up, several muts have had pages designed for them, and parry class now has a page. The wiki builds are viable and actually pretty good, I'm using the standard fist one and it's working well.

Edit: Anyone know where to get a yeti contract.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:56:15 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 20, 2010, 12:00:44 am »

Yeti contracts are sold in botany i think

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2226 on: January 20, 2010, 12:05:25 pm »

On that note, where do you find the broken arrow contract survivor?  "Mountainside" means many locations to me.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 20, 2010, 10:47:38 pm »

What should a level 8 fists user grind on to get EXP? There doesn't seem to be a lot I can kill that gives much of any.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:51:08 pm by Grendus »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46:44 pm »

SO, i have a fun story today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fun day.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2229 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:38 am »

What should a level 8 fists user grind on to get EXP? There doesn't seem to be a lot I can kill that gives much of any.

Have you tried rock leeches?  They still give me a decent amount and I've never seen anyone else all the way out there.  At 10 fists, Karnivores are pretty do-able for me, when iron-livered up and having combat bottle of booze to chug.  As long as they don't get lucky and knock me out. *shakes fist*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:00:42 am by jashman »

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 21, 2010, 03:51:10 am »

Have you tried rock leeches?  They still give me a decent amount and I've never seen anyone else all the way out there.  At 10 fists, Karnivores are pretty do-able for me, when iron-livered up and having combat bottle of booze to chug.  As long as they don't get lucky and knock me out. *shakes fist*
I'm assuming you're talking about raw, as with that total, you'd be lucky to hit anything. Possibly Mut slots?

WEll, my fun story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 21, 2010, 09:10:14 am »

Where are the rock leeches? I've never run into those.

I'm probably about to bail on my current corp, seeing as GRU has decided do destroy SOL. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. It's really annoying, inside sources in GRU say their choice was totally random.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2232 on: January 21, 2010, 11:56:03 am »

They are at the bottom of Adamant Canyon, south of Weezer Dam, a stones throw from the Necropolis gate.  There are a few ghosts down there as well, but not particularly hard to avoid if you can't take them.  I can phase back as well, so the trip was never particularly bad to me.

I'm still in WHORE, even though it imploded due to drama.  It's quite peaceful being one of the few ever on... can do whatever contracts I want whenever, and most of the annoying fucks left to join the new corp.  Klaus is the only person who's even tried to kill me in weeks, and he attacks everybody, so I guess we're small enough to be irrelevant.  Hooray.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 21, 2010, 02:09:01 pm »

. Im there for a while, when Charlatan bursts in, aims a gun at my head, and informs me that there is a ~$5000 bounty on my head. Needless to say, I died. And then Prison, which is not fun. especially when no one is in there.

Well, you made it much easier by trying to break into boats and the whole stealing of goasts's things by TRANS. :/ I would've busted you out of jail if you'd asked, though!
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 21, 2010, 02:32:16 pm »

HellMoo, the only game where the mayor will kill you for your bounty, then bust you out of jail.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 311