Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477399 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2175 on: January 06, 2010, 12:54:09 pm »

A lot of hostility to DSI.

What have they done to earn this hostility? I've only just started out, and haven't had time to read all 145 pages of the thread yet.

BigB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:02 pm »

I'm just gonna make a new account, my old one was hardly used and had a terrible username.

EDIT: Why do some people decide to hate me? UnderCHUD, whoever the hell he is, decided to attack me in the sewers, along with a bunch of minions. When I killed him, he came back to finish me off! And I was out of cocoons. I don't think I can stand being on the run from another person, much less going back to killing crackheads. So much valuable IP gone.

UnderCHUD is one of the many alts used to try out the new Chud mutation.  The mutation lets you access an apartment in the sewers as well as summonable chud minions.  Dangerous stuff.  They'll attack anyone who's weaker than them, and maybe some who are stronger, so watch yourself.  But the real question is why you were down in the sewers to begin with; I wouldn't be down there unless you want to grind chobos.

Join a corp. Other than DSI or WHORE. People without corps are almost as low as people in DSI or WHORE, and can be killed by anyone and everyone with impunity, more or less. Also, contract money. How the hell are you living without contracts? Also, always have several cocoons, if you can carry them.

Last I checked, every corp other than griefer corps gets killed with impunity, so get off the DSI hate bandwagon and come back to reality.  The only corp that might not be in that position is the idolized KREW, who, last I checked, are also a bit swamped with fresh meat.

But yeah, contracts are a must for any combat-oriented character, and multiple cocoons are always good.  But even then you should be prepared to lose your stuff a lot due to random incidents and other encounters.  Nothing like rotting away in jail while people grab your full lotus armor...

I still haven't managed to get an answer from anyone about how much pilot total is safe. :/

I've managed to fly a cessna from the oilrig back to the Helliday Inn without entering a death spiral with only 13 total, and that's when I wasn't sure what I was doing.  People tell me I was extremely lucky, but I don't know for sure due to lack of experience.  Anyway, more experienced pilots recommend 15 total for day flight and 20 total for nighttime flight.  I'd just go along with that for the sake of yourself and your funds.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: January 06, 2010, 05:23:57 pm »

You want around 20-25 total to be absolutely safe no matter what (other than flak or running out of fuel).

No way, you can totally fly at 16, and by 18 do it in relative safety. You just might have to spam level sometimes. I have never crashed a cessna and I have like 18 or 19 pilot.

Last I checked, every corp other than griefer corps gets killed with impunity, so get off the DSI hate bandwagon and come back to reality.  The only corp that might not be in that position is the idolized KREW, who, last I checked, are also a bit swamped with fresh meat.

Corps that can defend themselves tend to get ganked a bit less. You don't have to be a "griefer corp" for that to apply to you. Clearly it's a PVP-heavy game whether you choose for it to be or not and that pretty much leads to a lot of tears.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

dorkface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: January 06, 2010, 08:22:11 pm »

Alas, the eminently-lovable Twerp has fallen to the blades of the malevolent CORP hegemony. Sure, maybe it had something to do with me ruining a robbery of theirs by stunning their lockpicker with my astounding photography talents, but don't listen to their honeyed CORP lies because there is truly one side in this debacle, and that is the side that doesn't kill and rob poor wittle Twerps that never hurt nobody and walk elderly grandmas across busy city streets.

what i'm getting at is that i'm always right okay

corp is skum

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: January 06, 2010, 09:20:04 pm »

You need to use more punctuation, and capital letters at the beginning of your sentences.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: January 06, 2010, 09:20:59 pm »

Don't be harsh zchris, I'm sure a little lack of punctuation won't kill you.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: January 06, 2010, 09:27:18 pm »

No, but I just felt like flaming a little bit.

Rereading that post, it appears he is doing it in an attempt at humor.  The most eloquent beginning of his post gracefully degenerates into an almost illiterate mess.  Okay actually it's pretty funny.  EXCELLENT!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: January 06, 2010, 09:34:19 pm »

The most eloquent beginning of his post gracefully degenerates into an almost illiterate mess.  Okay actually it's pretty funny.  EXCELLENT!

That is quite the stretch.

Whoever you are, you should know better than to try and flame the oh-so-likable Twerp. He is very broficient.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: January 06, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »

EDIT: Why do some people decide to hate me? UnderCHUD, whoever the hell he is, decided to attack me in the sewers, along with a bunch of minions. When I killed him, he came back to finish me off! And I was out of cocoons. I don't think I can stand being on the run from another person, much less going back to killing crackheads. So much valuable IP gone.

UnderCHUD is one of the many alts used to try out the new Chud mutation.  The mutation lets you access an apartment in the sewers as well as summonable chud minions.  Dangerous stuff.  They'll attack anyone who's weaker than them, and maybe some who are stronger, so watch yourself.  But the real question is why you were down in the sewers to begin with; I wouldn't be down there unless you want to grind chobos.

Ah. That makes sense. And I WAS grinding chobos. Still, lesson learnt. I'll have to learn to live without armadillo plate. That or get HD.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

BigB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: January 06, 2010, 11:42:17 pm »

Ah. That makes sense. And I WAS grinding chobos. Still, lesson learnt. I'll have to learn to live without armadillo plate. That or get HD.

If you want, I can take you to High Density sometime.  There may be an issue or two, but for the most part it's a smooth trip.  Just page me when I'm ingame and I'll take you to it.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: January 07, 2010, 12:32:19 pm »

Join a corp. Other than DSI or WHORE. People without corps are almost as low as people in DSI or WHORE, and can be killed by anyone and everyone with impunity, more or less. Also, contract money. How the hell are you living without contracts? Also, always have several cocoons, if you can carry them.

But yeah, contracts are a must for any combat-oriented character, and multiple cocoons are always good.  But even then you should be prepared to lose your stuff a lot due to random incidents and other encounters.  Nothing like rotting away in jail while people grab your full lotus armor...
No one's safe from end game players, but some corps have the means to retaliate against middling players, to break cocoon camps or even intervene and save a weaker member before they can be killed. Without a corp, you don't even have that much. Some, on the other hand, are active invitations to be killed. Mainly, right now, DSI and WHORE. And these aren't just random victims of malice, they're annoying little twits who have brought it upon themselves with their scrubbitude (I witnessed a discussion in anyport on my tv, between Darkchaos and some WHORE newbies, it was all basically just "BAAAAAWWW GRU MEAN! GRU STUPID! BAAAWWWW!"), and commit the further crime of continuing to recruit and corrupt new players unaware of the politics. Darkchaos tried to recruit my alt, and outright lied about the situation with GRU when I asked him. That certainly deserves punishing, and the only way to save the poor souls he deceives is by hurting them until they stop standing by his side. I'm not sure what WHORE's crime is, but I'm not exactly on good terms with them, so fuck them.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2186 on: January 07, 2010, 02:46:24 pm »

From what I can tell (as a member), most people hate/kill WHORE simply because it is easy.  The strongest people in WHORE generally don't stand a chance against the fighters in other corps, so the most they have to offer when someone is getting attacked is "That sucks, I hope you have a cocoon."  I've never really seen two high exp characters going at it in my short time in the game, but I suppose that is the nature of full-pvp games.

They do have a rather open-door admittance policy, so there are always noobs coming in, some of which are naturally jackasses.  I see plenty of jackasses around in other corps, even ones we've booted out for that reason, so that is a bit of a stretch to use as an excuse to kill WHORE members.  I like the majority of people in the corp, never found a group/guild/whatever where I've like 100% of the members, and they've never hesitated to help me if possible or offer advice.  I don't regret being in the corp or plan to leave, since I've found that if people are gunning for you for no reason, it keeps you on your toes and you can see who the dutchbags are.

Just my 2 cents.  Been a quite a few days since I was player killed, outlasted two bounties, you just have to play smart when you're an easy kill.  And I don't fear/dislike any specific corp as a whole, you just have to watch out for the few players that will kill you out of boredom/e-peen growing/whatever reason.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:48 pm »

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:02 am »

No one's safe from end game players, but some corps have the means to retaliate against middling players, to break cocoon camps or even intervene and save a weaker member before they can be killed. Without a corp, you don't even have that much. Some, on the other hand, are active invitations to be killed. Mainly, right now, DSI and WHORE. And these aren't just random victims of malice, they're annoying little twits who have brought it upon themselves with their scrubbitude (I witnessed a discussion in anyport on my tv, between Darkchaos and some WHORE newbies, it was all basically just "BAAAAAWWW GRU MEAN! GRU STUPID! BAAAWWWW!"), and commit the further crime of continuing to recruit and corrupt new players unaware of the politics. Darkchaos tried to recruit my alt, and outright lied about the situation with GRU when I asked him. That certainly deserves punishing, and the only way to save the poor souls he deceives is by hurting them until they stop standing by his side. I'm not sure what WHORE's crime is, but I'm not exactly on good terms with them, so fuck them.

Let's see if I understand this. Because we're mostly newbs, we deserve to be hunted down? Because Dark says we're not being constantly killed by GRU*, we need others to step in and help kill us? I, at least, will not cave in to this. Despite Dark's occasional bouts of insanity, DSI has been good to me. Eventually, I hope to get to the point where I can start killing people back for messing with our newbs.

*We're not being constantly killed by GRU. I have yet to be killed by GRU, though I've had a chance run in with Stabs that I was quick enough to escape. We've had Klaus try (sucessfully?) to bribe DSI members into letting him into the HQ. Someone got into the HQ and killed everyone in their sleep. Someone also let Ebola loose in the HQ. Despite all this, GRU hasn't been a huge problem. Mostly it's been random players that have been causing trouble, but that's to be expected.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: January 08, 2010, 04:36:54 am »

This is epic.

http://pastebin.com/f222f05ec

everything like this ends with a WMD, every single time.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 311