Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477416 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2160 on: January 04, 2010, 04:41:59 pm »

Does the enteman bomber crash? Cause that would be a problem without a decent pilot skill.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: January 04, 2010, 04:52:17 pm »

The enteman bomber will only get you killed, that ship is unstable as hell, its mostly used for parachuting in places with flak guns (like the necropolis). I recommend you learn pilot to a safe level and then just level it by use, safest way.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: January 04, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »

I'm a little curious, how do karnivore punks end up wandering around in FC? I've been killed in the crack mansion by one, months ago, and just now one walked out of nowhere and killed me while I was trying to make whips out of orphan skin outside the orphanage.

That's a relatively new thing based on an *ideas post. No contract triggers it. There are invasion contracts for prisoners, chuds, etc. but for things like Karnivores and a few others it is semi-random (often admin invoked) and there's a job associated with helping to clear them out.

Don't know the first thing about the other corps, except for TPC, which is made of veteran goons, though they don't appear to take notice of lowly newbies unless you make an ass out of yourself and need to be taught a lesson. I've heard/assume. I haven't had anything but positive interaction with any of them.

TPC is not composed entirely of goons (though a lot of ours are) or even of veterans. We're hiring newbies now in limited amounts based on how hilarious they are, but we're grief magnets ourselves these days.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: January 05, 2010, 07:57:00 am »

TPC has changed a lot since it was re-badged.

And a lot of people who used to complain about creative DRS heists are now poopsockers turned killers who have the creativity of house bricks.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: January 05, 2010, 08:57:49 am »

The enteman bomber will only get you killed, that ship is unstable as hell, its mostly used for parachuting in places with flak guns (like the necropolis). I recommend you learn pilot to a safe level and then just level it by use, safest way.
What's a safe level? The wiki says 15 total, but then the wiki is also an incomplete, redundant, outdated, self-contradictory mess, so I don't trust a damn thing it says. Someone in the corp chat decided 12 total was good enough to fly his plane, but I never heard if that worked out alright... Were I to train it to one raw, I'd end up with a total of 12, I think.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: January 05, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »

I just joined the DSI corp. Anything I should know about them?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: January 05, 2010, 12:35:04 pm »

GRU will kill you on sight, Have fun.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: January 05, 2010, 02:58:48 pm »

All I hear in this thread is "WHAAAAAA, GRU IS MEAN. :("

Hell is not a nice place. It's called Hell for a reason. Play a different MUD if you can't handle losing e-golds and digital epik itamz every now and again. Carebears.

<3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:00:20 pm by Skeeblix »
This is not a signature.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: January 05, 2010, 03:06:31 pm »

I just joined the DSI corp. Anything I should know about them?
Quit?
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: January 05, 2010, 03:14:02 pm »

TPC has changed a lot since it was re-badged.

And a lot of people who used to complain about creative DRS heists are now poopsockers turned killers who have the creativity of house bricks.

they are the cancer that is killing HellMOO on more than one level.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2170 on: January 05, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

Well, I am still a total newb, and am having a blast stumbling around like a tool. I got bitten by a zombie, luckily I managed to escape as it nearly tore my arm off. I ran back to the hotel and reclined on the couch in the lobby. My skin started to turn ashen and papery. I laid there for some time, hoping the effects would wear off. I died soon after. Came back to life, walked over to the hotel and found my zombie self, in all of my old gear, attacking some random snoozing toon. Lucky for me a K9 unit rushed in and helped me fight it off. Got most of my gear back and a ton of exp. Very cool. Loving the game, and am asking myself why I didnt I get into MUDs sooner. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:26:27 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

dorkface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: January 05, 2010, 07:02:20 pm »

Old-Man-Gator has voiced my sadness better than I could. Woe unto CORP, with their walnut-sized brains and their goosestepping and their hammer-blow approach to surmounting all obstacles! Stand tall in defiance of their number games, find unorthodox solutions to your problems, and maybe set off clusternukes whenever you see them if you wanna be extra-cool.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: January 06, 2010, 03:39:42 am »

Wow. Thought I was screwed when, while down in the sewers, explored the toxic pipe by accident and promptly died. Luckily, when I speedran back I managed to retrieve my stuff with minor damage. Iron Liver is a life saver. Also, almost 6 raw in fists.

EDIT: Why do some people decide to hate me? UnderCHUD, whoever the hell he is, decided to attack me in the sewers, along with a bunch of minions. When I killed him, he came back to finish me off! And I was out of cocoons. I don't think I can stand being on the run from another person, much less going back to killing crackheads. So much valuable IP gone.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:04:28 am by deadlycairn »
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: January 06, 2010, 06:21:47 am »

Join a corp. Other than DSI or WHORE. People without corps are almost as low as people in DSI or WHORE, and can be killed by anyone and everyone with impunity, more or less. Also, contract money. How the hell are you living without contracts? Also, always have several cocoons, if you can carry them.

I still haven't managed to get an answer from anyone about how much pilot total is safe. :/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:25:13 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: January 06, 2010, 11:40:10 am »

Safe to do what?

You want around 20-25 total to be absolutely safe no matter what (other than flak or running out of fuel).
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 311