Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477417 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2145 on: January 02, 2010, 08:35:37 pm »

Character name: Goblin
But hey no worries I am just exploring around trying to see if MUDs are for me or not. So far it is like a creepy, sadistic Zork with tons of PKers lol.    

Really accurate description thar.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 02, 2010, 10:28:13 pm »

Well, ive abandoned Moltar, and have been playing on an alt for a few weeks now.
The GRU vendetta was getting ridiculous, and CLUB was basicly dead anyway.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 02, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »

CLUB is dead. No more CLUBBERS.

Still, was interesting.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 02, 2010, 11:21:07 pm »

lol well I have tried to escape the orphanage and can't..gonna wait to offtime or something..get pk'd every 10 mins or so lol
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 02, 2010, 11:37:13 pm »

Hmmm... For courtesy, you walk through the crack mansion yelling "this place is about to be blown to the shithouse, get out now".

You'd be amazed how many people try and grief you and steal your suitcase.

... I still blew it sky high though. Along with the filthy griefers, and, probably everyone else stupid enough not to listen to me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 03, 2010, 02:09:22 am »

That's because you're not supposed to tell anyone but your corp/friends you're doing it, besides, advertising you have a $4500 item you can get $5000 with in a building full of newbies is a bad idea. By the way, what do you do to nuke it? You buy the suitcase, then what?

jnecross: That just sounds like bad luck, I was never killed as an orphan, except by other orphans, and only once, when I didn't know how to play or even process the endless stream of text it spewed at me. Anyways, if you want to get out of the orphanage, as soon as your out of the hole enter "go u nw w w n n w w w n d", followed by "fight berserk" and "at 54" (that's the npc's name, right? 54Ernest? in any case, just enter the number in front of his name, and you'll kill him easily, or you can fuck him, if you have no dignity), then just go south and answer "yes". The character generation page on the wiki will help you from there. I'd recommend the fists build, only tag medic instead of climb. That should be easy to play, so you can worry more about playing than finding equipment and shit. Then reroll once you've gotten the hang of things and want to try a more interesting build.

Join a corp as soon as you can, I'd recommend KREW, since they're pretty helpful. DSI is a grief magnet, and I've heard WHORE isn't exactly popular either. GRU would appear to be mainly alts of veteran players, but I'm not sure about that. Don't know the first thing about the other corps, except for TPC, which is made of veteran goons, though they don't appear to take notice of lowly newbies unless you make an ass out of yourself and need to be taught a lesson. I've heard/assume. I haven't had anything but positive interaction with any of them.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 03, 2010, 03:24:21 am »

yeah man found some cool people finally, not in a corps but still pretty fun. Some random kindness to off-set the shit is always welcome. Made it to "adult", picked blades and pistol, stealth and repair.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 03, 2010, 12:30:23 pm »

To make the crack mansion go boom boom, you just get the suitcase, run into the crack mansion, activate it while you're inside, drop it there, and run like hell. Just remember to get the journal from fat ratzo first.

I think you can also set a timer to it, but I'm not sure. Also, if you really suck at bombs, there's a chance that the suitcase will blow up on your hands, so be careful.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 03, 2010, 12:54:00 pm »

Just started a character a few days ago - it's great when you finally find a shop that buys stuff. Today I sold something for about $1300 - my strategy of methodically exploring and searching every location seems to have paid off.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 03, 2010, 01:20:33 pm »

Yeah, Avram's buys most scavengable junk, and Sharpton is pretty much the place to go, but if your combat oriented, crackmansion is good for scavenging too, and you can kill crackheads for 75 bucks minus corp cut a piece.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 03, 2010, 01:23:33 pm »

Well, with the holydays over, guess its time to go back, I'll give you guys a radioactive hug if I see you people.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 03, 2010, 08:01:32 pm »

Crackheads are 90 plus corp cut.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 03, 2010, 08:52:46 pm »

Corp cut depends on the corp, 90$ is what you get per crackhead with 0% corp cut.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 04, 2010, 02:14:26 pm »

I heard boats are a good, safe way to grind up pilot, but I don't know how to get to botany bay. I can guess from the world map that it's somewhere to the west and north of FC, and to the northeast of the necropolis, but gangland's as far out as I've gone so far.

I've been more or less grinding skills at random, as I'm not either not sure of how to go about grinding a skill, or I don't feel like messing with it (whips mainly; always people in the orphanage and I seem to have been struck with a paranoid streak recently; also, someone was throwing grenades into the square I was in while I was hacking cams, so perhaps the paranoia's justified; and I can't deal with crackheads reliably). I'd grind hack on cams, but I hacked them all, so I'm just fucking around in FC, grinding track or skating around and falling on my head.

Since I have both time and a little excess money, I decided that pilot would fun, but I'm not insane enough to try grinding it in a mosquito, and I don't have the xp to just learn a few raw in it. So, boats, apparently. Which bring me back to not knowing how to get to botany bay, and not wanting to wander blindly about. So, how do I get to botany bay?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 04, 2010, 04:25:40 pm »

Botany is pretty far out. To get there, head west till you reach mountain pass, then climb north and enter the underground mines. Head east as far as you can, then head in a north eastern direction and you'll end up in ocean cliffs. Climb down and yer in botany. Warning though, boats are very expensive, not to mention fuel.

To grind pilot, go to New Clearwater and get in the enteman bomber.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 311