Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477437 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2085 on: December 29, 2009, 04:00:27 am »

Actually, the exact command I used was "improvise leather whip with skin", which spat out
Code: [Select]
You try to figure out how to make a leather whip...
You start with the human skin.
You try adding a human skin.
Damn!  You realize you won't be able to pull this off without a generic skin.

I tried this with skins; it takes like 10-15 human skins to pull it off, if i remember correctly. Go buy a whip from KREW corpstore for 450, or scavenge an antenna whip from sharpton/buy one from ammunation

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 29, 2009, 06:49:21 am »

A question:

I'm a reflex-cool in game, and I'm doing pretty well with blades. Should I even bother moving to pistols or rifles, or should I just stick with what I'm good at?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 29, 2009, 07:17:52 am »

Grind pistols up. Or learn it from someone. I mean, I use blades, and I'm better with them than with pistols, but I have something like 6 raw in blades, and 3 in pistols, and my beretta does only a marginally smaller amount in effective dps (also has a slightly lower hit rate, is that factored into eDPS?) than my fine katana or lotus nadachi.

I started an alt, to try out a brains type. I'm somewhat lost as to where to begin, as while I know quite a bit about hitting things with pointy metal sticks for fun and profit, I don't know shit about crafting or hacking/lockpicking. I also don't know what corp to join, since my original character is in KREW, and I don't know how I'd make money reliably without contracts to carry out, at least until I could craft/steal shit and sell it.

Also, after accumulating more than 10 skins, I repeatedly attempted to improvise a leather whip, failing every time, gaining stress and destroying skins. So I broke down and bought one for $250 from a corp store. Fortunately, I had the money by then, because I'd been killing orphans for their skin.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 29, 2009, 03:12:33 pm »

If your a brains type, grab a trauma kit, or get one from inside, and head to the crack house. Follow people around, using the kits on the crackheads. Should get about 150+ a crackhead. Now, once you get 4k-ish, you can get an Alkatek DNI and get it installed and start hacking gangcams. Even with zero raw, you'll do fairly well, though you'll want to get some weed from the weed store in corptown to deal with stress. Cams are good money, even if your corps payout is only .5, but you need to be in a corp. That will handle the hacking part of your grind.

For crafting, the best place is the prison. Throw a soda can at someone in front of a cam, then walk into jail. Make a macro to make plates on the press, then pull em out and make potmetal lockpicks with the schematic you can scavenge from there. That's 8 xp a pick. Eventually, you'll want to start on molotovs, which need shirts and booze, so keep all the shirts that you get from orphans. Molotovs are 40xp a piece, and fairly easy to make.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2089 on: December 29, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

Not sure if anyone is still trying to get out of Bradbury (or wherever) but in the past two days, I've gone from BR to SP to HI.  If anyone wants to move into Sweaty Palms, I can wait a bit before vacating.

Of course, I'm just assuming I got really lucky, since they've both been 'no vacancies' since I started.  If they are both still open, my post is rather pointless.  :P

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 29, 2009, 08:10:07 pm »

If your a brains type, grab a trauma kit, or get one from inside, and head to the crack house. Follow people around, using the kits on the crackheads. Should get about 150+ a crackhead. Now, once you get 4k-ish, you can get an Alkatek DNI and get it installed and start hacking gangcams. Even with zero raw, you'll do fairly well, though you'll want to get some weed from the weed store in corptown to deal with stress. Cams are good money, even if your corps payout is only .5, but you need to be in a corp. That will handle the hacking part of your grind.
Healing the crackheads people are fighting? Wouldn't that, I don't know, inspire them to turn around and kill me for fucking with their crackhead killing? Or am I supposed to guess which ones are just grinding up some weapon skill and would be happy that I made their crackheads last longer? Also, what corp could I join that won't actively inspire people to kill me? I, admittedly, don't know much about the political situation.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 29, 2009, 08:46:18 pm »

Also, what corp could I join that won't actively inspire people to kill me? I, admittedly, don't know much about the political situation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*ahem* Probably the closest would be DRS themselves but thats a crapshot and more likely to get yourself griefed off I bet. Krew is probably the best overall choice because they usually help you get back on your feet.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 29, 2009, 09:02:28 pm »

DRS is dead, reformed as TPC. Cheechlizard apparently rerolled after the whole clusterfuck.

Also, healing crackheads will only get newbies angry at you, almost everyone uses them to grind random kills up. If you see anyone fighting a crackhead with a fork, a spoon, a fork, a airsoft pistol or a eletric wire, feel free to heal the crackhead. Altough I wound't spend alot of time at the crackhead, TPC people raid it every now and then killing newbies inside.

Also, GRU is partly made of DRS/TPC alts, griefing them gets TPC people on you, which would apparently be alt abuse, but nothing actualy happened thus far.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 29, 2009, 09:45:29 pm »

Also, what corp could I join that won't actively inspire people to kill me? I, admittedly, don't know much about the political situation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*ahem* Probably the closest would be DRS themselves but thats a crapshot and more likely to get yourself griefed off I bet. Krew is probably the best overall choice because they usually help you get back on your feet.
Can't join KREW, because that would be alt abuse for some reason. I meant more just a corp that's not being actively targeted by everyone and their mother. I realize just existing is enough to get randomly killed, though I've had a degree of luck in avoiding that, hell, someone from TPC cured my zombie rot. I just didn't want to stumble into a grief magnet by mistake.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 29, 2009, 10:28:53 pm »

I dunno. The information I've heard, DSI and WHORE are getting griefed by GRU. So, I don't know how long it's gonna last before shit reverses. Uh, KREW seem to be the most amiable corp around lately.

On a different level. I had to post this here, because nobody threw flowers at me in-game.

Tack22 holds up his severed head of Tack22 and moves its jaw up and down in a speaking motion.
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Hey Tack!"
Tack22 says, "Hey Tack"
Tack22 holds up his severed head of Tack22 and moves its jaw up and down in a speaking motion.
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "how's it going?"
From the east, you hear a distant door latch.
Tack22 says, "not bad, man, not bad at all."
Tack22 asks, "what about you?"
Veva [to Tack22]: you've lost the plot dude.
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "well, apart from the decapitation, nothing much."
Tack22 says, "oh..."
Tack22 asks, "did it hurt?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Too Fucking Right! What did you think?"
Tack22 says, "righto, righto, don't get angry at me"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "You're the fucking one who couldn't keep up?"
Tack22 asks, "Oh, so now it's your TORSO's fault?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Yeah, All the rest of me. All the rest of you!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "You're WEAK"

Tack22 exclaims, "I am not fucking weak!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Yes you are! I could fucking kil you right now!"
Tack22 asks, "What?"
You point at the head.
Tack22 exclaims, "You're a fucking head!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "No I'm not"
You stare at the head.
Veva facepalms.
Veva stands up from the bar.
Veva exits the bar east, out to the street.
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "ok. maybe I am"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "so? I could still kick your ass"
Tack22 says, "No"
Tack22 says, "You couldn'te"
Tack22 says, "Probably because of the LACK OF FEET"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "uh... ok. I'll bite you"
Tack22 asks, "Bite me?"
Tack22 exclaims, "I'll give you fucking Bite you!"
You take a look at the head, and you decide that eating a mass of hair, teeth and bone would be a really bad idea.
Tack22 asks, "Gimme one reason not to drop kick you right out the door!?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "i dunno.. cause it would hurt?"
Tack22 asks, "Can you even feel pain?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "I dunno... Havent tried yet."
Tack22 drops the severed head of Tack22 on the floor.
Tack22 picks up the severed head of Tack22 off the floor.
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "ouch... Dick"
Tack22 says, "Ah."
Tack22 says, "This is an interesting turn of events./"
Tack22 asks, "Now... which way would you like to be hurled?"
Alec exclaims, "east!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "hmmm. so many choices"
Alec exclaims, "pick east!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Why not at care dog?"
Tack22 says, "Oh Yeah! I will then"
Tack22 exclaims, "W- Wait a minute!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Ahhhahahahah!"
Tack22 exclaims, "Fuck you!"
Tack22 heaves the severed head of Tack22 to the east.
You head back out onto the street.

Tack22 picks up the severed head of Tack22 off the pavement.
You glance up at the sign askew over the door -- 'Any Port In A Storm'.

Tack22 says, "mmm."
Tack22 asks, "place is empty, eh?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "your head is empty"
Tack22 exclaims, "Fuck you!"
Tack22 exclaims, "You're everything BUT your head is empty!"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "no it isn't."
Tack22 says, "..."
You stare at the head.
You point at the head.
Tack22 points at the head's non-existant body
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "oh."
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "I almost forgot."
Tack22 asks, "... How the hell do you forget!?"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "I dunno"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "Bad memory"
Tack22 says in a booming, patronising voice, "I'd FORGET my HEAD if it wasn't SCREWED on!"
You bow to the holocam.
Tack22 [to holocam]: you've been a wonderful audience, thankyou.
You take a stool at the bar.
Care Dog [to Tack22]: Tack22! What can I get you?
Tack22 [to Care Dog]: water
$5 has been deducted from your credit chip.
Care Dog [to Tack22]: Water, got it.
Tack22 [to holocam]: you can stop watching now.
Tack22 [to holocam]: seriously, I'm just drinking. Lame puns are over.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 29, 2009, 11:51:22 pm »

DRS is dead, reformed as TPC. Cheechlizard apparently rerolled after the whole clusterfuck.

i will help clear up some thangs for you. thing #1: cheech never rerolled, just torched HQ, took the cash money, and bowed out.

Altough I wound't spend alot of time at the crackhead, TPC people raid it every now and then killing newbies inside.

oh no! who did that to you? :'(
i don't think anyone in TPC makes a habit of doing this. i don't know who you are in-game, but if you get killed by someone in TPC a lot they probably just don't like you personally.

Also, GRU is partly made of DRS/TPC alts, griefing them gets TPC people on you, which would apparently be alt abuse, but nothing actualy happened thus far.

i very, very much doubt this has actually happened, especially since maybe two people in TPC have alts in GRU, which is about the same amount for every other corp. we do have a friendly relationship with GRU, however.

hope this helps!
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 30, 2009, 12:27:11 am »

I don't spend a whole lot of time at the crack mansion today, it was a few ages ago right after DRS dissolved.

And the alt abuse thing is rather ambigous, I don't actualy know who from TPC got GRU alts, but I do know TPC went after fuse after he killed... Eh, practically every single major GRU member, from Ocelot to Stabs to Fatalshot to Project to Deriosa.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 30, 2009, 12:57:25 am »

Oh snap, someone pulled a Varya on DRS?

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 30, 2009, 01:13:32 am »

And the alt abuse thing is rather ambigous, I don't actualy know who from TPC got GRU alts, but I do know TPC went after fuse after he killed... Eh, practically every single major GRU member, from Ocelot to Stabs to Fatalshot to Project to Deriosa.

i know you're new and all, but there are certain TPC players who have gone after Fuse since before GRU or TPC even existed. in the future, please check your facts before tossing around baseless accusations.

Oh snap, someone pulled a Varya on DRS?

not really, since cheech was the CEO. disbanding DRS in an act of such massive text item obliteration (over 1,000 items destroyed) was his final act of griefing.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 30, 2009, 01:35:52 am »

Bwahahaha, someone wanted to go down in flames of magnificent griefing. I assume he isn't playing anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 311