Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477438 times)

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #2070 on: December 27, 2009, 11:55:11 pm »

I plan to live in the necropolis, and burrow when I can't get there. Major in fists and minor in spears. With the claws and the eventual possibility of taking the chainsaw lance off Hawthorn, I shouldn't need to buy weapons often, if ever. I'll definitely need to get into a corp that can handle my medical and supply needs in exchange for what muscle I can provide.

Any major holes in my plan?

Also, the wiki says freaks can pass right by the deadbots. Is it out of date?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:50 am »

Its not out of date, you can pass by the firs 2 groups of deadbots, not the third one that guards the exit. As an abom myself, I can get past them using smoke and moving fast, even naked, but its a real pain to get past them as a mere freak. I really don't mind the low xp you'll get from ghosts and zombies, enjoy the necropolis, it even has a place you can buy from, just stay away from hellboy and the necropolis heart for now. I'm a spearbom myself, and the chainsaw lance can be easily bought for 10k in the mall, which you can use yourself.

Don't expect to even touch hawthorn till the endgame though. Hawthorn is seriously strong and only the most powerful aboms wielding something other then claws can kill him reliably. Hawthorn is to aboms what vampire hunters are to the vampires, on steroids. Hawthorn is a badass tracker, if you excape him, he'll actively track you for quite a while, going pretty far from FC if he has to, I've seen him actively hunting in the mountain pass, glowstiller, even the glass mesa, and if he goes as far as the necropolis, somehow, stay sharp, cause he can easily plow through an army of deadbots.

Comparing Hawthorn to the strongest vampire hunter (tyrone), I'd say Hawthorn is at least 3 times stronger, much better tracker, and much much tougher to beat in a fight since not only the chainsaw lance give him a parry class of 2, its also a pretty strong spear (I recommend you to get one later, its badass) that does considerable bleeding damage along with slashing, I think only the zap spear is better.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:13:32 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 28, 2009, 12:59:46 am »

How annoying. A friend comes on. You start messaging eachother. And then shit gets a little wierd. He starts asking if you've forgotten him. And says he's leaving, cos you're being unresponsive. You scream. You yell. You shout, you beg for forgiveness for whatever crime you seem to have done....

but he leaves. and as you sit in your misery, a simple page message comes to you.
"What the fuck mate?"

And you realise you've been paging "max" this entire time...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 28, 2009, 01:04:15 am »

You dumbass.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 28, 2009, 03:59:22 am »

... Funny though.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 28, 2009, 04:45:03 am »

Most certainly.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 28, 2009, 04:57:06 am »

I just got assassinated. With a JOINT!

or five.

Note to self, don't allow gifts from all.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51:12 am »

Pretty much ANY of the "allow" commands can be used to kill a person, excepting cocoon, but that has its own problems. Allow gifts allow lit grenades to be handed to you, medical allows drug injections, sex allows sex during combat, when you can't fight back. Quite fun really.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 28, 2009, 11:33:02 pm »

heheh. That's pretty funny, actually.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 29, 2009, 01:42:57 am »

I had an amusing encounter with an unfinished item yesterday. I got it off an NPC the k-9's killed. [a the huey [98g]] was how it was displayed in my inventory. I dropped it, it deployed, i entered, pushed the inside button, and it sent me to the moon. In the humanitymoo dream. I gave it to an admin, who was cool enough to give me the schematics for 7.62mm ammo.

I CAN NOW MAKE AK-7 AMMO. PAGE ME FOR ORDERS.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 29, 2009, 02:40:17 am »

I've rerolled again. Going in a different direction weapon-wise but still a brainy character.

Well I got an apartment. Not the one I want but it'll do for what I need. Namely a place to keep junk I don't care much about and somewhere to grind hack/locksmithing.

Speaking of which, where can I get a magspike and a cheap container I can install a lock on?

Rerolling like this means getting thrown in prison on purpose to grind crafting has gotten very expensive (I think. Does the fine fit the crime or is it higher the more hellbucks you have?). I'm looking for another way to get crafting up from 0 without learning.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:42:44 am by BloodBeard »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 29, 2009, 03:01:54 am »

I can sell ya a magspike for 500

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 29, 2009, 03:15:04 am »

How do you make a leather whip? I've tried using "improvise leather whip with human skin", but it says it needs "generic skin".
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 29, 2009, 03:38:34 am »

Might want to remove the "human" in the command

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 29, 2009, 03:45:59 am »

Actually, the exact command I used was "improvise leather whip with skin", which spat out
Code: [Select]
You try to figure out how to make a leather whip...
You start with the human skin.
You try adding a human skin.
Damn!  You realize you won't be able to pull this off without a generic skin.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 311