Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477921 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1590 on: November 03, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »

I got a bruce from the DRS store for 12k. Came fully loaded with a balance mod, monowire serrator, and shock mod. Slightly less accurate than the nodachi, but hits about three times harder. Took down the bug queen without taking a scratch except for the time I got eaten and failed the focus roll on writhing smoke (took me a few seconds to light my pipe, after that I went into combat with it already packed and lit).

Worked out pretty well, thanks.

Yea, the bruce is a very nice blade. I have a boss springsteel as a spare weapon when I go on body pick up.

I wonder around witha daikatana personally. According to gear screen, it does less damage then the boss, but I seem to do much better with it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 04, 2009, 09:55:08 pm »

Well, the place creeps me out, but I can one shot the arachnos for 20 exp a pop, so it's not highly dangerous right now. 90% or so of their attacks either miss or are dodged/parried, and the ones that hit do 3/4 damage. Between heavy armor and snakeskin, it's pretty easy.

Question though, are arachno hides used for anything? Never seen any recipe that uses them.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 04, 2009, 10:33:48 pm »

Nah, chittin is useless.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:01 pm »

Side note - every time I step into the pustule I get joint rot, even if I have a gas mask. Is that a bug, or do I need other protective gear?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 04, 2009, 11:50:35 pm »

Chitin is currently used for chitin fiber gloves and footings, as well as formic facades and carapace caps (which are actually quite nice).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 11:52:57 pm by Charlatan »
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 05, 2009, 11:37:36 am »

So, I think I'm an idiot.

Warning! A giant enemy story dump is approaching fast. No refuge.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 06, 2009, 09:31:58 am »

Meh, you followed the basic rule of machinery - if all else fails, break it. Either it starts working or you can bill someone to replace it.

That does explain the giant explosion I heard though.

Edit: I feel like I'm always asking questions, but where would I get my hands on a better pair of gloves. The Lotus Kogake Tebukuro suck, but I can't find any other gloves. None of the corp stores have them, unless you buy the nanoweave zoot suits from Krew's store which, by design, don't last long even when patched and cover the entire body restricting the use of better armor in other slots.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:16:09 pm by Grendus »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 06, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »

Protect Ya' Neck has some gloves, I believe.

Also, holy shit is it hard to get pistols ip past 6 raw.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 06, 2009, 09:05:52 pm »

Protect Ya' Neck has some gloves, I believe.

Also, holy shit is it hard to get pistols ip past 6 raw.

Protect Ya' Neck has, at best, the Lacrosse Gloves, which are worse than the Lotus Kogake Tebukuro. I keep hoping Sargos will have better (according to the Hellwiki Sargos resales items seized from apartments who's tenants have been evicted), but so far all stalking Sargos has gotten me is a half dozen recipes (a few good ones, like armordillo plate jacket and mortilex syringe), a cheap canteen, and a memory card labeled "The sights and sounds of Freedom City" which I can't figure out how to play back.

I'd recommend dual wielding target pistols and wiping out something that's tough enough the pistols won't hurt it and can't hurt you. I got blades up to 8 mostly by dual wielding a fork and ceremonial dagger and grinding chobos. It takes a long time, but it's not too bad. Worst case you can just grind raw exp and have another player train you in pistols.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:07:26 pm by Grendus »

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 07, 2009, 10:30:58 am »

Meh, you followed the basic rule of machinery - if all else fails, break it. Either it starts working or you can bill someone to replace it.

That does explain the giant explosion I heard though.

Edit: I feel like I'm always asking questions, but where would I get my hands on a better pair of gloves. The Lotus Kogake Tebukuro suck, but I can't find any other gloves. None of the corp stores have them, unless you buy the nanoweave zoot suits from Krew's store which, by design, don't last long even when patched and cover the entire body restricting the use of better armor in other slots.

You can always resort to layering them if you don't have anything better. Sargo's normally doesn't have any good stuff unless you get really lucky, and by that time another player will probably have taken it from you. Most of her good inventory comes from old players who don't play anymore and get evicted, but that's not really an infinite resource. And for your earlier question, spider chitin is also used for juicer jackets, leggings, and gloves, which offer good soaks without too much penalty to dodge.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:34:46 am by Ancient Thingy »

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 08, 2009, 03:10:18 pm »

Sigh, can't layer the gloves. Looks like I'll just have to hope nobody hits my hands.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 08, 2009, 04:10:57 pm »

Why not farm some spider chitin for those juicer gloves that Grendus mentioned. Juicer stuff is fairly nice.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 08, 2009, 06:39:35 pm »

Just got into this game a few days ago, wandered around, got some stuff, then died when i jacked a cessna with no skill in pilot. Slammed into the north-eastern most bit of freedom city, just before you leave it for (?) slagtown to the east.

Then i rerolled a character, took 3 steps out, and ran into inaluct. Then i proceeded to jack a rusty radiator, and actually got my chainsaw back from the wreck when i finally found it.

This game is awesome.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1603 on: November 08, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »

inaluct will rape you with zombie bits
I got nothing

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 08, 2009, 09:17:36 pm »

He just gave me a terrorist fistbump when i met him.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 311