Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 477968 times)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1530 on: October 15, 2009, 09:32:48 am »

I've been playing online games of all types since 1995 and I have to say I've never ran into a more unfriendly group than on this game.  Heck, even back when I was getting my butt handed to me by Korean kids on Startcraft occassionally they'd offer tips and strategy to help people get better and that game is practically a national sport there.

I actually enjoy the general rudeness, it just seems right. In corp, we are all generally very helpful and friendly, but out in the nets? fuck em all.

The general asshole nature of the players acts as a trial by fire, just like DF's difficult learning curve. The main problem with this is, of course, it hurts profits, so most game companies discourage that practice, but it's nice when you can find it.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

genmac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 15, 2009, 03:48:50 pm »

Plus hellmoo isn't a for profit enterprise, which is why the badmins are such fuckholes.  And this trickles down the rest of the player base since the only rules are the ones badmins feel like making up and enforcing.  And that's why I'm aiming a gun at your head and asking for 70% of your net value.  pay me or i fire the needles

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 15, 2009, 04:19:18 pm »

The cube? Were you killed in corpclave? Odds are, when your stars go away your cloning location will be reset to where it was before you were arrested, that's what happens in Panopticon Prison.

What's so bad about the cube, out of curiosity?

Yeah, it just reset cloning location (thankfully). It's not so bad I guess if you just log out and wait. It's basically a very long one-way tunnel of cubic rooms and every 4-5 rooms there's something that hurts you. So if you try to go down the tunnel you just die.

Candlejack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 15, 2009, 04:26:48 pm »

Being an asshole for something somebody did outside the game is meta-gaming, and shouldn't be discouraged?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 15, 2009, 04:34:26 pm »

Being an asshole for something somebody did outside the game is meta-gaming, and shouldn't be discouraged?

No, not for hellmoo. There no sense of IG Consequence and out of Game sequence.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:47 pm »

The cube? Were you killed in corpclave? Odds are, when your stars go away your cloning location will be reset to where it was before you were arrested, that's what happens in Panopticon Prison.

What's so bad about the cube, out of curiosity?

Yeah, it just reset cloning location (thankfully). It's not so bad I guess if you just log out and wait. It's basically a very long one-way tunnel of cubic rooms and every 4-5 rooms there's something that hurts you. So if you try to go down the tunnel you just die.
Well I think getting out of the cube is brains or science based, I don't really recall since I've never been in it.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 15, 2009, 06:29:22 pm »

It's not a tunnel, there are various paths. You can exercise Science by trying to decipher some numbers in each room to find a way out. You'll probably need 1.00 science to even get to a point where you can gain a decent amount, but it's actually the best way to grind science (that I know of.)

Hasn't anyone seen the movie Cube?

Charlatan

• Bay Watcher
  • you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:53 pm »

It's not a tunnel, there are various paths. You can exercise Science by trying to decipher some numbers in each room to find a way out. You'll probably need 1.00 science to even get to a point where you can gain a decent amount, but it's actually the best way to grind science (that I know of.)

Hasn't anyone seen the movie Cube?

http://themelesswonder.com - click on "Entertain Us", then "You will die in the Cube".

It is a good guide to the films.
when all you have is a knife, everything looks like an old person

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 15, 2009, 10:40:31 pm »

Bay 12, I have a story for you.

Well, I just came in contact with Squeegy. I was offended by his forceful sexual advances towards me (involving penises), so I murdered him. He was in a room of the humatrope tower (NPC apartment building with locking doors) at the time, and I closed the door to the room we were in after killing him. He came back, couldn't get in the room to get his cocoon, and started whining at me about it.

Being a savvy businessman, I demanded $6000 to open the door. He claimed that he did not have this sum, so he paid me $3000. Then I demanded another $3000, which he promptly paid to me. Of course, this meant he had been lying, so I demanded $2000 as a lying tax.

I opened the door, but he refused to pay, so I stabbed him. He bled down to just a few HP, and I stopped attacking. He sat there being paranoid and crazy for a while, until he finally paid me the $2000. At this point, I allowed him to take his gear and leave.

I waited for him to go to his house, and then tracked him there. Without me asking, he paid me roughly $900 while I was knocking on his door. I had a discussion with Kent, a higher ranking member in Squeegy's (now former) corp, ROME. I struck a deal with Kent: I would not grief, murder, or rob ROME's noobs if Squeegy was fired. Kent fired Squeegy, because this was the deal of a lifetime here. And then he lost his will to live and dropped his gear in AP for the mongrels of hellmoo to pick over.

But I'm sure he has more gear somewhere. And I won't rest until I find it. All of it.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 15, 2009, 10:49:34 pm »

I never whined, just begged and pleaded. :V

Wish I could've dumped it all over FC from a chopper.

EDIT: Also I gave you the $900 because it's not like I had much of a use for it anyway, and also I am honestly out of shit, I threw a box of cigarettes into AP and Care Dog murdered me with them so now I am chilling in heaven.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:52:02 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 16, 2009, 03:23:25 am »

Inaluct, you have adapted to this game EXTREMELY well.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
No subject was filled in
« Reply #1541 on: October 16, 2009, 09:55:33 am »

Are there any active B12 corporations? I've a pilot/lockpicker character eager to put in good use.

If so, or even otherwise, feel free to page me in-game; my character is Maverick.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 16, 2009, 10:42:10 am »

Bay 12, I have a story for you.

Well, I just came in contact with Squeegy. I was offended by his forceful sexual advances towards me (involving penises), so I murdered him. He was in a room of the humatrope tower (NPC apartment building with locking doors) at the time, and I closed the door to the room we were in after killing him. He came back, couldn't get in the room to get his cocoon, and started whining at me about it.

Being a savvy businessman, I demanded $6000 to open the door. He claimed that he did not have this sum, so he paid me $3000. Then I demanded another $3000, which he promptly paid to me. Of course, this meant he had been lying, so I demanded $2000 as a lying tax.

I opened the door, but he refused to pay, so I stabbed him. He bled down to just a few HP, and I stopped attacking. He sat there being paranoid and crazy for a while, until he finally paid me the $2000. At this point, I allowed him to take his gear and leave.

I waited for him to go to his house, and then tracked him there. Without me asking, he paid me roughly $900 while I was knocking on his door. I had a discussion with Kent, a higher ranking member in Squeegy's (now former) corp, ROME. I struck a deal with Kent: I would not grief, murder, or rob ROME's noobs if Squeegy was fired. Kent fired Squeegy, because this was the deal of a lifetime here. And then he lost his will to live and dropped his gear in AP for the mongrels of hellmoo to pick over.

But I'm sure he has more gear somewhere. And I won't rest until I find it. All of it.

Lol.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1543 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:24 am »

I ESPECIALLY lol at Kent being a high ranking official in any CORP. Has to be about the biggest spaz I have met online. ROME WILL BURN.
I got nothing

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No subject was filled in
« Reply #1544 on: October 16, 2009, 03:01:49 pm »

Are there any active B12 corporations? I've a pilot/lockpicker character eager to put in good use.

If so, or even otherwise, feel free to page me in-game; my character is Maverick.

Maybe you can help me get into the safe I locked myself out of...
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 311